No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just played through my first ending with the new ending, choosing destroy.

I was slightly disappointed that when the Normandy came to pick up the two characters I was playing with (Garrus + James) that Garrus didnt say a word, it was James who didnt want to leave (ok, I had struck up a good friendship with him during the game), would have liked Garrus to atleast have said something as hes been there since the beginning.

Also, when it came to the Starchilds extended dialogue, I selected to learn about the Reapers, I was disappointed to find you couldnt go back and select the other dialogue items and learn more.

Also, is it just me or did Admiral Hackett sound different in his voiceover, was this bit voiced by someone else?

Now to play through on Insanity, wish me luck!

Comment

Sounded the same as always when I watched it on Youtube. (Lance Hendriksen!)
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Sounded the same as always when I watched it on Youtube. (Lance Hendriksen!)
        Lol, just looked him up, didnt know he played Bishop in the Alien series! Im not sure on the voiceover bit though, will have to listen again.
        And Carrie Anne Moss voices Aria, thought I slightly recognised the voice.

Also, how high does your military strength have to be at the end to get the scene showing Shepard 'surviving' at the end of destroy?
        I had a 5000+ rating and I thought it was with that.
        Also, is it possible to get a max military strength without carrying over a ME2 save as I tried it on this playthrough and failed, cause you cant ally with both the Geth and Quarians, and you cant get a perfect ME2 save as the ME3 no carry on save storyline from ME2 has characters dying on the suicide mission.
        Last edited by Teddybrown; 29 June 2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Lol, just looked him up, didnt know he played Bishop in the Alien series! Im not sure on the voiceover bit though, will have to listen again.
          Detective in The Terminator, Bishop in Aliens, Frank Black in Millennium, Admiral Hackett in the MEverse, Jedi Master Gnost-Dural in the Old Republic Timeline videos....the man's got cred

Also, is it possible to get a max military strength without carrying over a ME2 save as I tried it on this playthrough and failed,
          Not sure..

cause you cant ally with both the Geth and Quarians, and you cant get a perfect ME2 save as the ME3 no carry on save storyline from ME2 has characters dying on the suicide mission.
          You don't need a completely perfect score to get the 'ideal' ending. You can just score 'good enough' and still get it, though I'm not sure what the exact score threshold is.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was slightly disappointed that when the Normandy came to pick up the two characters I was playing with (Garrus + James) that Garrus didnt say a word, it was James who didnt want to leave (ok, I had struck up a good friendship with him during the game), would have liked Garrus to atleast have said something as hes been there since the beginning.
            Well that sucks. Garrus should have/would have totally said something. Probably some smart-ass remark. Garrus rocks.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              Well that sucks. Garrus should have/would have totally said something. Probably some smart-ass remark. Garrus rocks.
              Yeah, something about a bar, or give em hell!

Trying out insanity mode to get one of my last achievements, its harder than I thought it would be!

Comment

Garrus was the one injured/talking for me. I had him and Liara with me.
                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah for my two playthroughs so far its been Garrus/ Ashley.

Comment

Seems you need the right combo of characters to get to talk to who you want.
                    Last edited by Teddybrown; 01 July 2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Its probably based on whichever one you have the best relationship with.
                      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                      ---
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I don't get that when I was doing research on the EC for some odd reason I ran into something that they called which ever charater you had a 'high relationship score with' O.O So what is a relationship score and how do they reach that number and what goes into it and stuff? I am just really curious because for my Fem Shep I got Javik....oh der my Fem Shep made him look at the echo shard and didn't romance anyone so no wonder

Comment

Well, I would assume the whole 'getting to know them' dance you do throughout the games. Conversations on getting to know each other, those cutscene conversations going well, presumably paragon reactions in those conversations, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            Yeah I don't get that when I was doing research on the EC for some odd reason I ran into something that they called which ever charater you had a 'high relationship score with' O.O So what is a relationship score and how do they reach that number and what goes into it and stuff? I am just really curious because for my Fem Shep I got Javik....oh der my Fem Shep made him look at the echo shard and didn't romance anyone so no wonder
                            I'd imagine it involves meeting them on the Citadel for your date/hang-out, talking to them on the Normandy, hearing their backstory, all that
                            ---
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder what my scores would be like cause I did all their meetups on the citadel and talked to them after every mission in the game...
                              I wonder how these scores are allocated...

Comment

I wonder what my scores would be like cause I did all their meetups on the citadel and talked to them after every mission in the game...
                                I wonder how these scores are allocated...
                                Wow. Completionist
                                ---
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X