No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew it because in college it was taught in my Discrete Math class (I or II), I think. Or one of my programming classes. We never designed it, but just studied it.

And I recalled that I saw it in KOTOR. Then when Mass Effect came out, there it was again. It's probably used as a type of Captcha to prevent bots from accessing the Tomb or interfering with Mira

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post

It's called the Tower of Hanoi
      Yeah that's what is called. Thanks! I knew it had a specific name because I had seen it long before I had ever played ME1.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        You missed out

Funny though, I've played both games tons of times and never once made the connection. I had no idea that the puzzle was even named!
        Yeah...actually since ME 1 has been such a success I am thinking of downloading or getting KOTOR next finally. Since ME seems to be handling my computer nicely.

So....I just defeated Benezia...fun.

Comment

So I just found out that a new multiplayer DLC came out. Downloaded it, but didn't try it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
            So I just found out that a new multiplayer DLC came out. Downloaded it, but didn't try it yet.
            Its good but I wonder if they buffed it or something because I even got absolutly...well....uh...destroye on Bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              Its good but I wonder if they buffed it or something because I even got absolutly...well....uh...destroye on Bronze.
              Yeah, multiplayer, you seem so much weaker and the enemies so much more defence and power.
              Regarding the Tower of Hanoi, I found that easy as the process of how to do it had been notched on my brain since I did it in KOTOR lol.

Comment

Still no news about the 'ending DLC'?
                I've been following stuff on E3, but I may have missed it. (I caught the EA presentation late, I think)
                The only ME3 related news I saw was that ME3 would be a release title for the upcoming Nintendo Wii U.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                  Still no news about the 'ending DLC'?
                  I've been following stuff on E3, but I may have missed it. (I caught the EA presentation late, I think)
                  The only ME3 related news I saw was that ME3 would be a release title for the upcoming Nintendo Wii U.
                  I think most of the gaming world has moved on, apart from the creatures that inhabit the Bioware Social Network. And to be honest they won't be happy, whatever ending dlc they get, they will always find something to criticise. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the ending dlc will be great, it may well be crap, but even if it fixed everything and made the ending perfect, the people on the Bioware Social Network would find something to get all worked up about and abuse Bioware over.

So there's probably not much of an impetus to show it off, assuming they are still working on it even.

Comment

Granted I haven't even played ME3, but I want to see this ending DLC, which I don't doubt they are still working on otherwise why have main voice actors come back. Meh, whatever on the red, green, blue endings. Don't care about that and don't see why they'd change them, but I would like a little more clarification as to wtf was up with the Normandy leaving Earth and going through a relay.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      *snip*
                      Yeah. Well, I still hope they 'fix it' somehow, but w/ all the news that's come out over the past month or so about other games/developers, I've pretty much 'moved on', too.
                      Just seems like a 'waste' if the series ends on such a sour note (for the community and story quality-wise).

I hope that Bioware's next game 'turns things' around for them (what with what seems to be happening to TOR along w/ the backlash from ME3). I enjoyed most of their titles, after all, and I wouldn't want to see them end up like some of the other devs that got swallowed up by EA.
                      sigpic

Comment

Been listening to the ME soundtracks and its made me want to do more playthroughs of the game!

Comment

http://www.masseffect.com/about/extended_cut/
                          sigpic

Comment

And so it begins....

Comment

How large is the Extended Cut?
                              The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.

That's quite a patch.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                How large is the Extended Cut?
                                The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.

That's quite a patch.
                                Well look at the size of the plot hole known as the ending.

Comment

Working...
                                X