Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree completely! I really enjoyed this episode. And am I wrong,
    Spoiler:
    or did they add more interesting stuff to the shows intro sequence? The dynamic between Duke and Nathan is really starting to peak my interest. My latest theory is that they are brothers.

Comment

I thought the story was pretty f'd up... I liked the visuals in this episode though. I also feel that Nathan is a downer in the show, it already started with the intro where they repeated a few of his scenes from past episodes... his monotone dialogue delivery is really striking. It was nice to see him interact with the babies though.
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I think Nathan's demeanor is going to end up being a direct result of him "not being a real boy." as Duke puts it...

Comment

Although I think the stories are pretty implausible, I really do love the acting/characters, the town, and the potential mystery of why people are so "gifted" in Haven. I'll keep watching...but I am going to be disappointed if there isn't a payoff that tells us how/why they all have these weird powers.

Comment

I had heard about this show from some friends and put it on the DVR and finally had a chance to watch all 5 eps and get caught up. I find it an interesting show and worth my while so far to watch.

While I think Nathan is kind of monotone, it's the way he is supposed to be. Not everyone is all bubbly. I don't mind it so much. I'll be interested to see exactly what's going on with him and Duke. It's been my theory pretty much from the get go
            Spoiler:
            that they are brothers but i guess we'll see.

I don't find it a problem that no one gets arrested for what they have done. So far, none of them are doing it on purpose and don't even know they are doing it. except maybe this last woman and it kind of looked at the end like
            Spoiler:
            she was in her own prison in the lighthouse.

I'll be interested to see what the connection is between Audry and the woman in the photo. That's the only slight complaint I have. They could move that plot along a bit faster. Wonder if it will be resolved in this 13 episode arc or if it will be another show unresolved if it doesn't get renewed. <SIGH>

Anyway, so far I have a new show to entertain me while others are on hiatus.
            Shelly
            My Photos
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queengeek View Post
              ...I really do love ... the town...
              Its really interesting that its a Canadian town that they actually use, so the lighting, etc. of the town is not what you would see here in the lower 48, not knowing that, getting into the story as being here in the us, gives the Haven, a certain something, that sets it apart, a shadow with its own built in silver lining

The series is all about subtle; of course the actual town is beautiful in its own right all mystique aside.

I think there is a larger paradigm here, which in everyone there is much more than meets the eye, some of which is good, bad, or even downright scary..."Haven" gives us a bird’s eye view into the "eye of the beholder" and shows how various types live with the "unspoken truths" that haunt them.

I guess you could say that it takes science fiction to create a "reality" that demands that we deal with truths in our non-fiction world that we would otherwise ignore, hence there is an overarching value that even science fiction haters cannot ignore

Comment

I'm new to this whole spoiler concept, very cool, ty for the insight!

I wonder if this can help me find a star gate

Comment

Eric Balfour talks to Airlock Alpha about Duke
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sorry, MWB. If I'd read your early posts more thoroughly, I'd have realized the show was filmed in Canada. Now I REALLY love the town and scenery! :-) I'd never watched any of the shows the lead characters were in previously, okay, except for Shanks' appearance in 24, but I do enjoy the chemistry they're creating together. The stories are almost too involved for 44 minutes. Too much information is left to the endings, I think, leaving me wanting more explanations and background. But, perhaps that's a good sign. Keeps you coming back for more! Fingers crossed the course continues and we'll get a season 2!

Comment

Haven
                      - 1.884 million viewers
                      - 1.2/2 HH
                      - 0.4/2 A18-49

Haven was down again this week, more troubling because its lead-in Eureka hit a season high in ratings due to its crossover episode. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Haven picked up any benefit from that.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/09...rth-more/59530
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

A few more episode titles have been revealed on the Syfyllis schedule. Thus far:

Spoiler:
                        1.01 "Welcome to Haven" (July 9, 2010)
                        1.02 "Butterfly" (July 16, 2010)
                        1.03 "Harmony" (July 23, 2010)
                        1.04 "Consumed" (July 30, 2010)
                        1.05 "Ball and Chain" (Aug 6, 2010)
                        1.06 "Fur" (Aug 13, 2010)
                        1.07 "Sketchy" (Aug 20, 2010)
                        1.08 "Ain't No Sunshine" (Aug 27, 2010)
                        1.09 "As You Were" (Sept 10, 2010)
                        1.10 "The Hand You're Dealt" (Sept 17, 2010)
                        1.11 "The Trial of Audrey Parker" (Sept 24, 2010)
                        1.12 ??
                        1.13 ??
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't know what's going on between Nathan and Duke but I dismiss that their at odds with each other because of a woman! Why? Because I would expect, by now, to see at least some small implication that a former love is the reason for their feuding. There have been no scenes showing either men talking or thinking about a love that they lost. I also don't think a woman would be a reason for the show to keep what's going on between them a big secret! I've narrowed it down to two possibilities: They are either bitter brothers (or half-brothers or step brothers) OR they are ex-lovers, separated by a messy breakup in which Nathan blames Duke for the destruction of the relationship! BTW, there's been lots of subtext between them that might suggest the ex-lovers theory!!!!

Comment

the newest episode sure had a surprising twist, I liked it

I have to say it didn't keep me clutched to the edge of my seat either though since somewhere in the middle of the episode I got a bit bored and went to fill up my dishwasher but at least I remained in earshot of my TV!
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Haven
                              - 1.999 million viewers
                              - 1.3/2 HH
                              - 0.5/2 A18-49

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t.../271101513/p/2
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

"Fur" was interesting.
                                A possible love interest?
                                more troubles coming out
                                and people getting attacked by stuffed moose, what's not to like?
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X