Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw didnt independenceday have a very short lived tv series?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
      btw didnt independenceday have a very short lived tv series?
      I square I once saw a advert on ITV in the UK for such a thing, I have search the internet, time again but have never been able to discover whether it actually existed or whether it was my imagination.

I glad I have at least some confirmation. Unless we are both imaging it.

Comment

yeah i've also been lurking around trying to find some evidence of this mysterious series but to no avail i know i def heard about it somewhere and i remember some sort of comercial myself....

well if it is this hard to find it can only mean one thing it must've been an epic fail if all reference to it has vanished

or perhaps someone has screwed with our timeline... LOL

Comment

Well still looking for that independent day film base TV show. In the mean time the 2012 tv series seem to be making good progress, unlike my search, someone really did not like that show.

http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/th...#axzz0X9oKO0MV

The best news is that it is on FX which means it will gritty, explosive, an wot shy away from controversial stuff like broadcasters would. Whole an it will get a chance to actually create an grow a audience.

I got high hopes.

Comment

Emmerich's '2012' TV series put on hold

Plans for a TV series based on director Roland Emmerich’s film 2012 have reportedly been scrapped. Speaking to Movieweb, Emmerich revealed that the show has been put on hold for the time being due to budget constraints.

"The TV people soon realized what we really wanted to do with the concept. They said, 'You cannot do this on television'," Emmerich said. He added: "So I said, 'Let's not do it'. It was just too big for TV. What we wanted to do."

The filmmaker said that Grey's Anatomy producer Mark Gordon, who had been previously attached to the project, is looking for a way to produce the series with a limited budget.

"I don't think it will happen," Emmerich continued. "I had a certain vision. We realized what kind of compromises we were going to have to make. Because of that, I said, 'No thank you'."

The series was to be a direct continuation of the big-budget, special-effects-heavy thriller that followed survivors of a global cataclysm that brought the end of the civilized world.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...t-on-hold.html

Comment

better to know your limits then produce the show and have it axed.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
              X