This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    No it's really not good news. Trying to cut down a game with a story that long into a movie will not work. Besides as far as I know the idea of a film is only in discussion stages now, according to kotaku. http://kotaku.com/5455307/bioware-ho...ss-effect-film
    Its good news to me!

Comment

First, I'd love to see the rest of the Narnia books be made into films. The continuation of the franchise, IMO, is really resting on the success of the 3rd film, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, set to be released in 2D and 3D on December 10, 2010. The Silver Chair was always my favorite book of the series, and it'd be terrible not to see that adapted into a film...it's so much darker than the other books and kind of creepy, actually, but I loved it for that and I really would love to see how they'd animate the Witch of the Underworld's transformation. And The Last Battle as a film would just be SO EPIC.

Secondly, since Bruce Coville FINALLY got around to continuing/finishing his Unicorn Chronicles series, I'd LOVE to see those books be adapted into films. The first book would be a bit difficult to film since there's only one actual human character for much of it and for an actress playing the part of Cara Hunter, it'd be a real challenge, but the storyline is so intense and would really do well with a film adaptation.

Third, I know author Garth Nix guards his books like they're his children (as most authors do), but I'm hoping there are some filmmakers out there who'd be willing to work closely enough with him so as not to butcher either/both the Abhorsen trilogy and the Keys to the Kingdom series. KttK might be difficult, b/c there's so many books and condensing them would definitely be an issue, but I loved the steampunk feel and it'd be really cool to see that onscreen. As for the trilogy, the story is just so incredibly unique that it would totally stand out from other standard fantasy movies.
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

The First Law Trilogy.

Comment

I also want to see an adaptation of L. Frank Baum's ORIGINAL The Wizard of Oz--the actual book, NOT a remake of the 1939 film. The original book is SO incredibly different from the '39 film version, and while I love the Judy Garland movie as it's own thing, I'd really love to see someone pay tribute to the original story. It's actually weird enough (think Disney's Return to Oz from the '80s) to be Tim Burton material. A lot of people are upset that he's supposedly going to be working on Oz next, but I'm thrilled. Baum's original work is a lot darker and stranger than the '39 film, and it would be in good hands with Burton

And I'm pretty sure the film would be Disney...since apparently they've had the rights to the Oz stories since the '50s...
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

i want that all of the h.p.lovecraft stories should be made in to movies, i heard that mountain of madness is done by guiero del toro (?), but may be thats just a rumor. and more star trek movies with the new crew, which develops into a new show. would love to have an abrams star trek show on tv.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              i want that all of the h.p.lovecraft stories should be made in to movies, i heard that mountain of madness is done by guiero del toro (?), but may be thats just a rumor. and more star trek movies with the new crew, which develops into a new show. would love to have an abrams star trek show on tv.
              At The Mountains Of Madness is, indeed, on Del Toro's plate and one of his pet projects on top of that, something he's been meaning to do for a very long time. But he's busy with The Hobbit then he has about a movie a year until 2016 or something like that. He's gonna be really busy and it depends on the order in which he tackles his projects.

Comment

Something original please. Though I'd like to see the Warcraft movie done well too.

Comment

The Halo movie done well

Comment

Ender's Game --FINALLY, provided it is NOT turned into a mindless action movie and they are extra-careful with casting the kids
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                      a new "Predator"............... from the predators POV, can be against 'alien' or a new alien, but no humans whatsoever. damn meatsacks just scream and die a lot.
                      interesting
                      I'd like to see (set in the future) an engineered human like hybrid Ripley vs. predators.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a resident evil movie, I've been waiting for this series to be turned into film for years
                        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

the Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
                          The first book, A Great and Terrible Beauty, was supposed to be in-production for filming, but the project was dropped
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X