Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's been a while since I've logged in. Time to resurrect a dead thread, especially since I've recently found an amazingly awesome game that should, but probably never will be, made into a movie - Dragon Age: Origins. I'm not sure how many people are familiar with this game, but I've just been absolutely engrossed in it for a while now. It's very heavy on the roleplaying, but the story line itself is so intricate and well thought out that this could easily be made into a movie. And the characters are definitely deep enough. The only issue I could see is how to go about doing it. I'd love to see it done as live-action, but I don't think i could bear seeing Morrigan and not hearing Claudia Black's voice. The same goes for all of the other characters. They got a lot of high quality people to do voices for that game: Claudia Black, Tim Curry, Kate Mulgrew, and Tim Russ, among others. I think it would have to be done as CGI so that all the voices would be the same. And then there's the complication of which origin story to use for the Warden. Personally, the human noble is my favorite. Making the Warden male and involved with Morrigan would also add a lot to the intricacy of the story. There are a lot of different routes they could take, which is why I doubt this will ever make it to film, but I can still hope.

Now that I've rambled on enough about that, I think it's about time they make a new Arthurian Legend movie. First Knight wasn't bad, but it's been so long since that was released. I think a fresh interpretation would be interesting.

Comment

Probably won't happen but, I wouldn't mind seeing 2010 the next odyssey. A Jason Bourne and Bond crossover. That would be epic even though I think Bourne could kick Bond's %*$ anyday. There are some others but can't think right now will get back to you. Nice thread though greening.

Comment

a new stargate made into a feature film
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Siglavy View Post
          I'd love to see movies/mini-series for Dragonriders of Pern.
          I, too, would love to see those movies finally go into production. Supposedly, there are plans to make them, but there's not been anything new about them for three years now.

I also understand that the Temeraire series was considered to be brought to the big screen. Having been reading the first book of the series, I sure wouldn't mind seeing that.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
            a new stargate made into a feature film
            lol I was sooooooo thinking that cause of all the reboots that's been happening lately. A reboot of the original movie sorta but better. And uses the stargate a bit more. Just overall more complex and in tune with the times. Nice call.

Comment

Maybe a Link Zelda movie, not cheesy cartoony like the game sorta but darker.

Comment

I would love to see as a movie:
                Ramzes II by Christian Jacq
                The Legend of the Ice People by Margit Sandemo
                Thorgal by Grzegorz Rosinski and Jean van Hamme
                and others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fic12 View Post
                  Well, it's been a while since I've logged in. Time to resurrect a dead thread, especially since I've recently found an amazingly awesome game that should, but probably never will be, made into a movie - Dragon Age: Origins. I'm not sure how many people are familiar with this game, but I've just been absolutely engrossed in it for a while now. It's very heavy on the roleplaying, but the story line itself is so intricate and well thought out that this could easily be made into a movie. And the characters are definitely deep enough. The only issue I could see is how to go about doing it. I'd love to see it done as live-action, but I don't think i could bear seeing Morrigan and not hearing Claudia Black's voice. The same goes for all of the other characters. They got a lot of high quality people to do voices for that game: Claudia Black, Tim Curry, Kate Mulgrew, and Tim Russ, among others. I think it would have to be done as CGI so that all the voices would be the same. And then there's the complication of which origin story to use for the Warden. Personally, the human noble is my favorite. Making the Warden male and involved with Morrigan would also add a lot to the intricacy of the story. There are a lot of different routes they could take, which is why I doubt this will ever make it to film, but I can still hope.
                  Heh. I loved DA:O, too (actually just downloaded RtO recently...started a new character just for it). IMHO, if BioWare does ever decide to do a movie for it's games, I too would think that CGI is the way to go. I mean, DA:O's 'Sacred Ashes' trailer (and the other CGI trailers for that game) was quite good (kinda wish the combat looked that cool, tho'... ). Morrigan FTW!
                  Probably more of a CGI mini-series than a movie, tho'.

As for the topic:
                  Hmm...a Live Action version of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, or at least one of the pivotal moments (danged thing is over 100 episodes long...but, IMHO, each episode was solid...no 'clip show' or 'filler', if memory serves). Oh, and it'd be so cool if each ship were shown (I mean, what's a hundred or so thousand ships on screen? )

A PROPER translation to film of Heinlein's 'Starship Troopers'. As amusing as Verhoeven's take on the book was...well, it wasn't really 'true' to the feel of the book.

A Warhammer 40,000 (or even Fantasy) movie would be interesting (as long as it doesn't focus on a bland Space Marine chapter...IMHO, w/ a few tweaks, the 'Grey Knights' novel could be a decent film, or some of the earlier Gaunt's Ghosts novels, esp. Necropolis. I love the tankers in that one Gotrek and Felix might be nice, too )
                  sigpic

Comment

The Dresden Files.

Comment

Winter of Fire by Sherryl Jordan. And they need to re-make Ella Enchanted and Mists of Avalon. The latter was a discrace to Marion Zimmer Bradley!!
                      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Can't believe I didn't think of this right away but a Buffy movie, an Angel movie, another Firefly movie, and a Spike movie. Yes Spike should have his own movie, he's just awesome.

Comment

you i wish i Defying Gravity didn't end , but perhaps a made for tv movie that was a great show htat should have not ended
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

a new "Predator"............... from the predators POV, can be against 'alien' or a new alien, but no humans whatsoever. damn meatsacks just scream and die a lot.
                            sigpic
                            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Fic12 View Post
                              Afraid I’ll have to disagree with you there. I think Hollywood should stay the hell away from games like Dragon Age Origins. I mean first they have to try and compact a 60+ hour story into a 2 hour movie, even if they make a trilogy most of the interactive story will be lost leaving only the bare bones and without the complex world building. Secondly especially with games like Dragon Age Origin there is no set storyline for them to adapt because of the player choices available. This would just lead to a terrible movie with nothing that made Dragon Age great in it. Videogames now don’t need movies anyway; they are on the same level and have surpassed them in many ways. They make hundreds of millions and sometimes billions of dollars, have huge followings, can hire A list talent for the voice cast and have clever and original stories. While I wouldn’t be opposed to a film being made set in the background universe of a game like Dragon Age I’d say its nigh on impossible to create a worthwhile movie directly adapted from a game, they are vastly different formats and games now don’t even need movies to spread into the mainstream, they’re already mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                                Afraid I’ll have to disagree with you there. I think Hollywood should stay the hell away from games like Dragon Age Origins. I mean first they have to try and compact a 60+ hour story into a 2 hour movie, even if they make a trilogy most of the interactive story will be lost leaving only the bare bones and without the complex world building. Secondly especially with games like Dragon Age Origin there is no set storyline for them to adapt because of the player choices available. This would just lead to a terrible movie with nothing that made Dragon Age great in it. Videogames now don’t need movies anyway; they are on the same level and have surpassed them in many ways. They make hundreds of millions and sometimes billions of dollars, have huge followings, can hire A list talent for the voice cast and have clever and original stories. While I wouldn’t be opposed to a film being made set in the background universe of a game like Dragon Age I’d say its nigh on impossible to create a worthwhile movie directly adapted from a game, they are vastly different formats and games now don’t even need movies to spread into the mainstream, they’re already mainstream.
                                prequal about duncan? his story leading up to the game.

absolutly not a movie adaption 'of' the game though
                                sigpic
                                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Working...
                                X