This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterbirth by Brian Buckley.

Havent read the next 2 books yet, but Winterbirth was good enough for me to want a movie of it
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
      prequal about duncan? his story leading up to the game.

absolutly not a movie adaption 'of' the game though
      That would work for me, but your right no adaption of the game.

Comment

Or a prequal about how the darkspawn came into being. That could potentially be an interesting movie. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Duncan's story, however. That way we might even get to see Loghain before he became completely twisted.

Comment

Doctor Who- a canon film.

Comment

"American Gods"- mostly for the gods. Neil Gaiman's works are pretty good.

Comment

Or something along that line. I mean, they did that rather nice comic for it featuring Morrigan and Flemeth (and some poor Templars )...can't hurt to have something like that (in CGI...again, not a movie per se. I'd prefer a mini-series, or even 'webisodes'. Hmm...webisodes/one-shots featuring bits of history for each of the NPCs? It'd be nice to see more stuff about Sten, Oghren, Leliana and Morrigan, IMHO).
              After all, if you put out something based on the 'main story' of the game, folks would get annoyed since there would now be a 'canon main character' (i.e., if it were a human noble, the people who played mages, dwarves and elves would probably whine about feeling betrayed...gawd knows the BW forums were already filled w/ enough whiny posts about how 'unhappy' the game's end was ).
              Not that I, personally, would mind there being a 'canon main character'... *shrugs*

Same for ME, too. I'd like to see a one-shot/short featuring Wrex, perhaps depicting that fight between him and that Asari in the story he relates about his time as Merc. I'd love to see that in CGI.

edit:
              ooh. While I'm no longer a player, I'd like to see "Warmachine" (the tabletop miniatures game set in the Iron Kingdoms) as a movie (or, again, as a mini-series). Wouldn't care if it's in CGI or Live Action, as long as the 'jack action is epic. Oh, and I'd want a Haley vs. Sorscha catfight.
              Last edited by gotthammer; 02 March 2010, 02:55 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fic12 View Post
                Or a prequal about how the darkspawn came into being. That could potentially be an interesting movie. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Duncan's story, however. That way we might even get to see Loghain before he became completely twisted.
                anything but tampering with the game 'story' is fine............ within reason
                Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                Or something along that line. I mean, they did that rather nice comic for it featuring Morrigan and Flemeth (and some poor Templars )...can't hurt to have something like that (in CGI...again, not a movie per se. I'd prefer a mini-series, or even 'webisodes'. Hmm...webisodes/one-shots featuring bits of history for each of the NPCs? It'd be nice to see more stuff about Sten, Oghren, Leliana and Morrigan, IMHO).
                agreed! leliana and morrigan in a movie.............. can i direct? i have some idea's
                After all, if you put out something based on the 'main story' of the game, folks would get annoyed since there would now be a 'canon main character' (i.e., if it were a human noble, the people who played mages, dwarves and elves would probably whine about feeling betrayed...gawd knows the BW forums were already filled w/ enough whiny posts about how 'unhappy' the game's end was ).
                thats why video game movies don't really work when based on games with multiple playable characters. for example, mortal kombat, i played sektor in MK, all the other rubbish bots turned up in the movies, but my char was nowhere to be seen and he would have lost anyway! because he's 'bad'
                i don't hate the movie, actually quite like it/them and streetfighter, but more for other reasons than my fave char isn't the hero.
                sigpic
                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

agreed! leliana and morrigan in a movie.............. can i direct? i have some idea's
                  Noooooo.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                    Maybe a Link Zelda movie, not cheesy cartoony like the game sorta but darker.
                    win and live action.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card
                      This. I'd do a lot to see this movie. In fact I'd love to see the whole Shadow series made into movies too, I think they'd lend themselves to big screen really well.
                      Last edited by Petra; 03 March 2010, 10:26 AM.
                      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                      sigpic
                      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Now there's a movie that would have my full support

Comment

I was going to suggest Mass Effect, but as I just found out, its already being developed with a planned release date sometime in 2012. So great news for all the fans out there
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                            I was going to suggest Mass Effect, but as I just found out, its already being developed with a planned release date sometime in 2012. So great news for all the fans out there
                            No it's really not good news. Trying to cut down a game with a story that long into a movie will not work. Besides as far as I know the idea of a film is only in discussion stages now, according to kotaku. http://kotaku.com/5455307/bioware-ho...ss-effect-film

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              No it's really not good news. Trying to cut down a game with a story that long into a movie will not work. Besides as far as I know the idea of a film is only in discussion stages now, according to kotaku. http://kotaku.com/5455307/bioware-ho...ss-effect-film
                              Maybe it will be more than just one movie. Who knows. The thing that is I'd worry about though is that movies based on video games have generally been subpar. The original Resident Evil was decent but the other ones not so much. Also ones like Hitman have been pretty poor. I'm curious to see how Prince of Persia will turn out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                Maybe it will be more than just one movie. Who knows. The thing that is I'd worry about though is that movies based on video games have generally been subpar. The original Resident Evil was decent but the other ones not so much. Also ones like Hitman have been pretty poor. I'm curious to see how Prince of Persia will turn out.
                                They have two games out at the moment, with gameplay totalling over 80 hours. And there's a third game coming. Even if they made a trilogy of 3 hour plus movies and cut out all the side stories and removed all the characterisation and world building so much of the plot would have to go it wouldn’t even resemble Mass Effect. Further it kind of ruins the point of Mass Effect, there is no canon Shepard, I don't want to sit through a movie where someone has Shepard act the way they want, I want to play as my Shepard doing what I choose, the way my Mass Effect game turned out can be vastly different to someone else’s, who lived and died ect. They could make a movie and it probably wouldn’t even be close to the story that many people played through, even if they did follow one path through the game closely, simply because of the possible variations in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X