Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
    *perks up* T-shirt?? Awsome!!
    Target is full of them! If you live in the US.

Comment

This is interesting:

Golden Globes ready to go gaga for 'Avatar'

Over a decade ago James Cameron was battling media reports that his delayed and pricey epic "Titanic" was a creative disaster and ready to sink at the box office like the famed ocean liner whose story it dramatically re-told. Instead, the Paramount Pictures/20th Century Fox production became a cultural phenomenon and grossed over $1.8 billion worldwide and won a staggering 11 Academy Awards including the prestigious Best Picture trophy. In less than two weeks, Cameron returns to the big screen with his almost as hyped Sci-Fi motion capture adventure "Avatar." The film has sparked heated debate among genre fans and everyday moviegoers as well as finding itself under the microscope of the testy entertainment media. Factoring in the substantial negative responses to the IMAX and Comic-Con previews, many in the industry were coming to the conclusion that "Avatar" would be a nice hit (i.e., $200 million plus in the U.S.) at best thanks to some nicely cut TV spots. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who expected the picture to stand alongside the critical favorites of Cameron's previous work. Boy can things change after one screening in Hollywood. No one who has seen the film is allowed to go on record [and this writer has not seen the film himself], but word has leaked that Fox's gamble may have paid off and "Avatar" may be way more than meets the eye.
      After a screening yesterday morning, very reliable sources have told Awards Campaign that the HFPA were incredibly positive about Cameron's latest endeavor. In fact, it's now very likely to be nominated in both the Best Picture - Drama and Best Director categories when the Golden Globe nominations are announced next Tuesday. This was almost unthinkable a week ago and may push expected Globe nominees such as "The Hurt Locker" or "An Education" out of the Best Picture - Drama race. Additionally, this could (emphasis on "could") find "Avatar" seriously being considered for one of the ten nominees for Oscar's Best Picture trophy -- especially considering the 8-10th slots hardly seem secure at this point in the race.

More importantly to Fox, a strong Globe reaction could be the final piece of the puzzle to ensure a massive opening weekend. "Avatar" is already tracking at a $60 million plus debut, but unexpected critical acclaim could certainly boost interest among those on the fence about the genre flick. At the very least, it's certainly another intriguing twist in "Avatar's" 15 year journey to the big screen.

So, will this news convince anyone to now rise early Tuesday morning at 8:30 AM EST/ 5:30 PM PST to find out who was nominated? On second thought, don't answer that West Coast peeps. The news won't change either way if you sleep in to a more reasonable hour. But trust us, we'll be up and waiting.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-...aga-for-avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Target is full of them! If you live in the US.
        There is one very literally 2 minutes away from me-across from wal-mart!
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Six Avatar Clips Online

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61536

Is James Cameron's "Avatar" Destined to Fail?

"Avatar" is over a month away from being in Theaters and the buzz is already negative. Rumor is that the "Avatar" budget is over $500 million. With a budget so huge can it possibly make a profit?

continues:
          http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=11734

New Leona Lewis 'Avatar' Song!

To spice things up Cameron has hired the most beautiful looking and sounding pop star to sing "I see You" for his upcoming Sci-Fi blockbuster 'Avatar'.

listen at:
          http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12533

Comment

Has anyone noticed Fox promoting the film in Fox shows? I'm just watching a new episode of Bones, an these already been be several mentions by some of the characters and part of the trailer shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Has anyone noticed Fox promoting the film in Fox shows? I'm just watching a new episode of Bones, an these already been be several mentions by some of the characters and part of the trailer shown.
              Makes sense. It's FOX for cryin' out loud!! Self-promotion is what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                I hate Fox....

Comment

It's not self promotion, it's a public service. People have to be made aware of Avatar because the movie is so awesome that everyone will go see it. If you miss the movie, you'll be a social outcast, companies will refuse to do business with you, your friends will abandon you, your family will disown you, your government will revoke your citizenship, you'll be a pariah, doomed to walk the earth alone for all eternity. Fox is simply trying to protect you from the horrors of not seeing Avatar. Plus, with great shows like 24, Bones, Fringe, and House, Fox needs no help from cross promotion.

Comment

just listening to the score... its kinda meh...although its a new james horner.. and in combination with james cameron i thought it would be epic, bu he kinda rehash is old scores and puts some choir under it. well its ok. but i am the hell excited for this movie, hell this sam whatever plays now in every movie? he will be also in clash of titans
                    sigpic

Comment

First Avatar review crashes Web site

James Cameron's new 3-D movie is big. So big it broke The Hollywood Reporter's Web site when the magazine posted the first review of Avatar.

According to Deadline Hollywood, the crash came after The Drudge Report picked up THR's (evidently) positive review, sending the curious into a feeding frenzy. We say evidently because, as of this writing, the page still refuses to load.

Avatar premiered in the U.K. on Thursday, though critics and reviewers alike had to sign nondisclosure agreements not to post their thoughts until Monday. But the general consensus seems to be that Avatar doesn't disappoint.

UPDATE: The embargo has since been lifted, so check back later today for our own Avatar review.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/first-a...view-crash.php

The First Reviews of Avatar are in. . .and they are Good!

Here is a compilation of recently released reviews for the sci-fi action/adventure flick Avatar.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12653

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                        It's not self promotion, it's a public service. People have to be made aware of Avatar because the movie is so awesome that everyone will go see it. If you miss the movie, you'll be a social outcast, companies will refuse to do business with you, your friends will abandon you, your family will disown you, your government will revoke your citizenship, you'll be a pariah, doomed to walk the earth alone for all eternity. Fox is simply trying to protect you from the horrors of not seeing Avatar. Plus, with great shows like 24, Bones, Fringe, and House, Fox needs no help from cross promotion.
                        I thought that was called Twilight/Cullenism.

Comment

Avatar Picks Up 4 Golden Globe Nominations

Its a good day for Sci-Fi fans. James Cameron's new movie has been nominated for some of the major gongs at the Golden Globes. Avatar received nods for Best Motion Picture - Drama and Best Director for James Cameron among others

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12820

Comment

Honestly...it looks ok...but I don't see how it's going to "redefine how films are made" like I've heard.
                            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I really hope this is as amazing a movie as it appears to be.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                I really hope this is as amazing a movie as it appears to be.
                                I better be or I might end up being disappointed at the entire sci-fi genre as a whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X