The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Smallville sucks. The next Superman movie had better stay as far away from it as possible.
    While I don't think Smallville sucks as it is one of my favorite TV shows, I do think the next Supes film should stray away from the Smallville formula and stick more with the comics.

Comment

I loved Smallville for the first 5 seasons, then I just totally lost interest with the sameness of it during season 6.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        While I don't think Smallville sucks as it is one of my favorite TV shows, I do think the next Supes film should stray away from the Smallville formula and stick more with the comics.
        I concur....
        sigpic

Comment

Smallville deserves it's own movie, rather than being used to reboot a movie franchise that hasn't really worked out well. After Superman II, the franchise went back, and Superman Returns just wasn't that great a movie (even though I did like it).

They shouldn't hash together a Smallville film just because no movie director can tackle a movie.

sigpic

Comment

Just read that Susannah York died. Took me a few minutes to remember where I knew the name, but it came to me. She played Lara in Superman 1, 2 (Lester Cut) and 4.

She died aged 72, after battling with cancer.

sigpic

Comment

Henry Cavill chosen to play Superman

Henry Cavill has been chosen to play Superman in Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel reboot.

The 27-year-old British actor has previously starred in TV series The Tudors and movies The Count Of Monte Cristo, Stardust and Whatever Works.

Director Zack Snyder said of Cavill's casting: "In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognised and revered character of all time, and I am honoured to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros, Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-superman.html

Comment

Great choice! He certainly got the acting skills and looks for the part!
                Loved him in The Tudors!
                sigpic
                My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Never seen him in anything other than Cristo, and he wasn't that memorable (assuming it's the same guy I remember). I want more Routh. If they are recasting him, I hope they recast everyone else.

sigpic

Comment

I will give this guy a fair shot. I will miss Routh though.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It would be kinda hard to recast Routh when you're trying to sell this as a new start for the Superman franchise.

I like the choice so far. Now they need to cast somebody that actually looks like Lois Lane.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I'm trying to keep an open mind about casting, but when I read Henry Cavill was the Twilight author's fave to play Edward Cullen, I lost all interest in him at that moment.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I want more Routh.
                          Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Me too.
                            We just have to hope this new guy has what it takes to play the role.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              I'm trying to keep an open mind about casting, but when I read Henry Cavill was the Twilight author's fave to play Edward Cullen, I lost all interest in him at that moment.
                              Ewww...really?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Ewww...really?
                                Yeah really.

"Edward: Indisputably the most difficult character to cast, Edward is also the one that I'm most passionately decided upon. The only actor I've ever seen who I think could come close to pulling off Edward Cullen is....(drumroll)....

Henry Cavilll

(Henry was Albert, the young son in The Count of Monte Cristo.)

Can you see it? I know I can!"

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/movie_archives.html
                                --

Speaking of Twilight...

Kristen Stewart's publicist has slammed rumours she turned down the chance to play Lois Lane in the latest Superman reboot.

The Twilight actress was rumoured to be movie bosses' favourite to play the intrepid reporter in the new film opposite Brit Henry Cavill, who has been cast as the latest Man of Steel.

Reports suggested she decided to reject the part, but her rep insists the star never even had a meeting about appearing in the film.

The spokesperson tells People.com, "The fact is that she has not met (producers of) this film nor has she been approached for this film."

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainm...enn-story.html

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X