Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite scifi show, the one and only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Battlestar Galactica, without a single doubt. No show has ever been able to engage me in the same way BSG did.
    sigpic

Comment

Farscape.

It has everything I love about all the other sci-fi shows I love.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Farscape.

+1
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Farscape.

It has Summer Glau?
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
            It has Summer Glau?
            And Nathan Fillion?
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
              The new Battlestar Galactica, without a single doubt. No show has ever been able to engage me in the same way BSG did.
              V has that effect on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                Out of the two space station-based series, B5 held my attention a whole lot more than DS9 did.

I most definitely like DS9 and it became my favourite Trek series back then when it introduced the Dominion War, but after rewatching most of the series, I'm not so sure. I find it hard to choose between TOS and TNG these days. Maybe after I pick up from where I left off at season six, I might change my mind.
                I've watched certain TNG episodes that I haven't watched since they first aired in the 90s and I do have a greater appreciation for them now. However, they still don't hold my attention the way DS9 and B5 do. I find the long-running storylines, the deep character development, and the lack of a reset button really appealing.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                  It has Summer Glau?
                  Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  And Nathan Fillion?
                  lol.

Yes, I love Firefly, but it only lasted 13 eps and a movie.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

lol.

A very good 13 episodes. And movie. Wish there was more.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Exactly. Farscape had 88 episodes, about 80 of them nice and fantastic and an awesome miniseries. That kinda makes up for the lack of Summer Glau or Nathan Fillion in my book.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I liked Farscape but toward the end I was getting tired of it. I didn't even watch the end or the movie. But I understand people which love it. It just lost me along the way.

I don't have one favorite shows but my top favorite all equal in the first place are:

1 - The New Outer Limits
                        Very interesting, intelligent topical sci-fi. Down to earth and at the same time out of this world. All the episodes plays out like a great sci-fi mini-movie like Moon or Gattaca. I like the mystery the suspense, the non-hollywood endings and development.

1- Star Trek The Next Generation
                        This series was written by people who had something to say about our society and will forever have my respect. Strong topical intelligent Sci-fi within an entertaining package.

1- Star Trek Voyager
                        Another series written by people which had something to say about our society and human culture, even if they did it in a less direct way. They explore the universe but really, they explore humanity. More adventurous than TNG but still intelligent enough to be part of my list.

1- Stargate SG1
                        While the series faltered a bit toward the end toward more adventure then topicality. It still one of my favorite series. I love the adventure of the first 6 season combined with drama, mystery, explorations, humor, some topicality in a really entertaining package.

Those are the series than I think I can rewatch and rewatch over and over again after some breaks and they are always good. But don't get me wrong, I enjoyed many other sci-fi series like Andromeda, Babylon 5 (strong political side), DS9, Twilight Zone (old and new), Farscape, Total recall, etc. Which are also in my Top list.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

hmm that's a hard one. There's been so many great scifi shows over the years.

X-Files (minus the latter years and the terrible second movie), DS9, B5, Farscape, SG-1, Dark Angel, Space above and beyond (which was highly underrated IMO), Crusade, Seaquest DSV, Seven days, ALF (I mean come on, who doesn't love ALF )

But if I had to choose a favourite I'd pick maybe DS9 or Farscape, depending on what mood I'm in at the time
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            hmm that's a hard one. There's been so many great scifi shows over the years.

X-Files (minus the latter years and the terrible second movie), DS9, B5, Farscape, SG-1, Dark Angel, Space above and beyond (which was highly underrated IMO), Crusade, Seaquest DSV, Seven days, ALF (I mean come on, who doesn't love ALF )

But if I had to choose a favourite I'd pick maybe DS9 or Farscape, depending on what mood I'm in at the time
                            Me
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Me
                              Really? I thought he was hilarious
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Really? I thought he was hilarious
                                You can think?