Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite scifi show, the one and only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape. The new BSG edged ahead there for a while in seasons 1 and 2 but the last season, and especially the finale, means Farscape still reigns supreme for me.

After a bit of a shakey start in S1 Farscape was consistently good right up until I'd say the movie, which suffered mainly because they tried to condense something like 3 years of already planned story arc into a few hours instead of just doing something else with it.

If there's one sci-fi show I could bring back this would definitely be the one, no question.

Comment

There's a lot that I do enjoy, and Earth: Final Conflict is amongst the best of my favorites.

I am very excited about the new V too.

Comment

Probably SG-1. Lost might have been up there if it wasn't for the last season, and maybe even BSG if it wasn't such a polemic.

Comment

Ooh, another good thing about Farscape: the theme song! Dee dee duh duh duh dee dee dee! (Liked both songs, but the season three/four one was more catchy).
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

its really hard to pick just one but I guess Star Trek : TNG and then Babylon 5 closely followed by SG1/SGA and Earth Final Conflict and then DS9. SGU and Voyager would be next on my list; then Farscape and Firefly.
            sigpic

Comment

I too find it impossible to choose my "all time favorite Sci-fi series" as each of my "faves" change dependant on my mood

What Sci-fi had the most impact on me would be easier to answer, and that would be the 3 cartoon series I watched as a kid: Robotech, Starblazers and G force. These 3 shows, whilst not "Da Shiz" of Sci-fi, brought me into a genre which I have enjoyed for many years now and sit proudly in my Sci-fi collection. I may have only watched them once since buying them, but everytime I see them, I get "the fuzzies" for those simpler times.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

*has yet to watch Farscape*

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  I too find it impossible to choose my "all time favorite Sci-fi series" as each of my "faves" change dependant on my mood

What Sci-fi had the most impact on me would be easier to answer, and that would be the 3 cartoon series I watched as a kid: Robotech, Starblazers and G force. These 3 shows, whilst not "Da Shiz" of Sci-fi, brought me into a genre which I have enjoyed for many years now and sit proudly in my Sci-fi collection. I may have only watched them once since buying them, but everytime I see them, I get "the fuzzies" for those simpler times.
                  The bolded is true for me too; sometimes my favorites or their order end up changing depending on my mood.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  don't feel bad, I only just started watching BSG
                  sigpic

Comment

I've watched numerous SciFi shows over the past many years - and while I've enjoyed many of them (and some, not so much), none has captured my attention like SG1 has.

Comment

Stargate Atlantis is by far my most favorite. Farscape is right behind it though. SG1 is running a very close 3rd.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sg-1

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Same here
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Stargate Atlantis

(Still need to watch more of the new Battlestar Galactica. And Farscape.)
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                            Yepper, same here. B5 all the way. Though I do like Deep Space 9 quite a bit, it's not quite where B5 is for me. Everything else is very far below those two in terms of personal preferences for sci-fi.
                            Out of the two space station-based series, B5 held my attention a whole lot more than DS9 did.

I most definitely like DS9 and it became my favourite Trek series back then when it introduced the Dominion War, but after rewatching most of the series, I'm not so sure. I find it hard to choose between TOS and TNG these days. Maybe after I pick up from where I left off at season six, I might change my mind.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Babylon 5 and Farscape for sheer wackiness and humor, it was pretty different from other shows. Lexx and SG-1 were pretty good too. Firefly could have run longer.

Comment

Okay, I have set my 3 Most Favourite Sci-Fi Shows...
                                1. Lost
                                2. SG:U
                                3. Battlestar Galactica (New One)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X