This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
    If this wasn't already based on something else I would have said it was the most original thing to happen to the scifi genre in 10 years. Hollywood is in a sad state of affairs. In any case the film looks pretty good based on the trailer.
    Agreed. I hope the movie lives up to the trailer as well. At the very least, it's got Bruce Willis and it's got sci-fi. That's been a winning combination in the past, hopefully will continue on with this....

Comment

Originally posted by starlightgazer View Post
      Agreed. I hope the movie lives up to the trailer as well. At the very least, it's got Bruce Willis and it's got sci-fi. That's been a winning combination in the past, hopefully will continue on with this....
      I couldn't agree more, my friend.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So I saw this video on Wired...it shows some new stuff from the movie, but mostly talks about the science behind robot technology. Pretty interesting stuff!

http://www.wired.com/video/latest-vi...es/31270430001

Comment

It look cool.

Comment

Why Surrogates is a frightening metaphor for now

Jonathan Mostow, director of the upcoming Bruce Willis sci-fi/action film Surrogates, had never heard of the Robert Venditti/Brett Weldele graphic novel on which it's based (and which is actually entitled The Surrogates), but that didn't stop the director of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines from signing on to the project.

continues:
            http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/why-sur...is-a-scary.php

Comment

To add to Mostow's vision of the movie, from IGN:

Surrogates Movie Video - A Look Inside Surrogates
              http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/89...in_081809.html

Comment

FEATURETTE: "Surrogates" Message from the Future

Apparently Surrogates isn’t just a smash-em-up sci-fi movie where Bruce Willis gets to play John McClane in the future. It actually has themes and, get this, commentary from the future about the present. In a sci-fi movie? No way! Well, that’s what the cast and crew want us to think as they promote their new film in a new featurette.

For those who don’t know, "Surrogates" is a sci-fi thriller about a world where people who from the comfort of their homes live their lives vicariously through robots. The movie is based on a graphic novel written by Robert Venditti. The movie supposedly has a lot to say about how technology is affecting our lives, how we lose out on personal connections, and such thanks to computers and cell phones. I’m just hoping Bruce Willis finds a way to say something like “yippee-ki-yay, mother cyborg.”

continues:
                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...r/news/?a=9388

Comment

So only a couple weeks left til the movie's release! Been seeing a couple commercials for it on TV as well.

Here's a few:
                  Only Real Thing
                  Control
                  Conspiracy

Gotta admit, the more I see of this, the more intrigued I am.

Comment

Personally, I can't wait to check this movie out. I feel very positive going into it.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

New trailer for sci-fi Surrogates

A new trailer has gone live for Disney's upcoming sci-fi actioner Surrogates, starring Bruce Willis.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/09/new-tra...-sci-fi-su.php

Comment

I'm planning on seeing it, but keeping my expectations in check. I think if I get them up too high I'll only be disappointed, but if I keep them at a reasonable level I'll likely enjoy the film.
                        sigpic

Comment

I saw a poster on a bus shelter and for a second it gave me hope Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was renewed! A brief glance of the poster reminded me of a Cameron poster.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Lots and lots of clips from the film are starting to pop up all over the place:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Surro...red-14786.html

Just a little over a week away! (Finally.) I just want to see Willis kicking butt already! Agreed, spinman, I'm not gonna go in there expecting another Blade Runner or something...just gonna go enjoy the flick!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              New trailer is now live for Bruce Willis' sci-fi Surrogates

IGN has posted a new trailer for Surrogates, a new Bruce Willis sci-fi movie.

In the film, which is based on Robert Venditti'si graphic novel, FBI agents (Willis and Radha Mitchell) investigate the mysterious murder of a college student linked to the man who helped create a high-tech surrogate phenomenon that allows people to purchase unflawed robotic versions of themselves.

Surrogates is slated for release on Sept. 25.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/new-tra...now-live-f.php
                              All I just keep thinking is "Replicators!" I know it's not fair to compare Replicators and someone's graphic novel, but I just can't help it! I doubt I'll see this...
                              sigpic
                              ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
                                All I just keep thinking is "Replicators!" I know it's not fair to compare Replicators and someone's graphic novel, but I just can't help it! I doubt I'll see this...
                                Just not up your alley?
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X