What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Terminator.
    My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Starship Troopers
      sigpic

Comment

Tron-legacy- pretty good, although think it was meant to be more of a visual feast rather than good story. Was a pretty crappy story to me.

Spoiler:
        Can't believe that Tron was essentially shoved to the side. He was the most awesome character in there. That small fight scene of his saving Flynn was the most badass scene in the whole movie to me. I hope he lives. Wonder what'll happen now in the storyline. Hope they go for a good story rather than graphic feast.

Comment

Well I recently watched Tron Legacy. I'm not even going to touch the unwatchable Saturday night Syfy films that make people want to gouge their eyes out as they should not even count I think NBC finances that crap to keep Scifi as crappy as possible so no new shows or actually good Scifi is ever made again on that network and ABC and all the networks and Cable/Satellite stations are doing the same as well. As I said many times before in 2 years time there won't be any Scifi on TV anymore, my prediction is coming true piece by piece like clockwork...
          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I just finished watching the director's cut of Watchmen. My God that was a long movie to watch at over 3 hours. I could write loads about the movie and its 6 main characters (3 of whom I absolutely despised by the movie's end) but I am very tired right now and must snooze.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              I just finished watching the director's cut of Watchmen. My God that was a long movie to watch at over 3 hours. I could write loads about the movie and its 6 main characters (3 of whom I absolutely despised by the movie's end) but I am very tired right now and must snooze.
              But did you enjoy your three hours of giant CGI blue penis?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                But did you enjoy your three hours of giant CGI blue penis?
                Some of the pacing in the scenes, especially early in the movie, felt agonizingly slow but that was mostly due to having to endure the Comedian at that time. I did not care at all for Dr. Manhattan or Ozymandias either. Rorschach, and the others were wonderful to watch.

Dr. Manhattan had one small thing going for him: Nobody would ever give him the nickname Little Pink Willy.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm currently watching Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. OK, it's not exactly sci-fi but we definitely have some interesting sci-fi names involved: Bill Nighy and Rhona Mitra. Tony Curran was in Underworld: Evolution.
                  sigpic

Comment

Pitch Black

Gotta love AMC and the great movies that have. I would watch the Chronicles of Riddick as well as I love both films...but Chuck is on now!

Comment

Predators - I love Predators!
                      sigpic

Comment

Today, I watched Babylon 5: Thirdspace. Probably my second favorite B5 movie after In the Beginning. Then, I watched it again with the commentary.
                        sigpic
                        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Thirdspace was fun. I kind of wish they'd mentioned it at some point in the series, it was a neat aspect to the universe that didn't get enough attention IMO.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wish it was more clear when exactly the movie took place. Many fans place it during the episode "Atonement", but it couldn't because Franklin is present during the whole movie while he and Marcus were well on their way to Mars by the end of the episode. On the other hand, it's difficult to place the movie before the episode because Zack is being fitted with Garibaldi's uniform for the first time in "Atonement".
                            sigpic
                            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                              I wish it was more clear when exactly the movie took place. Many fans place it during the episode "Atonement", but it couldn't because Franklin is present during the whole movie while he and Marcus were well on their way to Mars by the end of the episode. On the other hand, it's difficult to place the movie before the episode because Zack is being fitted with Garibaldi's uniform for the first time in "Atonement".
                              Er...that's why it takes place during Atonement. Because Marcus and Franklin hadn't left yet

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Er...that's why it takes place during Atonement. Because Marcus and Franklin hadn't left yet
                                They left while Delenn was on Minbar, where she supposedly was during her period of absence in the movie. By the time Delenn returned to B5 in "Atonement", they were already gone. But, when she reappears in the movie, Franklin is still on the station.
                                sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Working...
                                X