V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    You see, I am the exact opposite on Morena Baccarin. I loved her on Firefly and SG-1.
    Oh I know she has many fans. I just found that she acted mostly the same for the 2 different roles she protrayed which meant for me her SG1 role wasn't believable. The last kid that played that character, though briefly, oozed of creepy badness. And that's what Diana is from the original V.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
      Oh I know she has many fans. I just found that she acted mostly the same for the 2 different roles she protrayed which meant for me her SG1 role wasn't believable. The last kid that played that character, though briefly, oozed of creepy badness. And that's what Diana is from the original V.
      Yeah, I didn't think adult Adria-the-sprog-of-doom was creepy at all, not even when flames came up in her eyes. Let's hope she can really let loose with Anna - without going over the top.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Oh god no. I hope the new V doesn't copy BSG. BSG was a high profile soap opera in space and just wasn't good. I really hate that shows seem to want to copy it.

And Lost-esque flashbacks are overdone. They work fine for Lost but I SO don't want to see it happen in other shows. I don't want to gloss over the big battle. I want to see it in all its destructive glory!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          Oh god no. I hope the new V doesn't copy BSG. BSG was a high profile soap opera in space and just wasn't good. I really hate that shows seem to want to copy it.

And Lost-esque flashbacks are overdone. They work fine for Lost but I SO don't want to see it happen in other shows. I don't want to gloss over the big battle. I want to see it in all its destructive glory!
          Finally..someone else who agreesw ith me on BSG being "As The Spaceship Turns!" I really hope V doesn't copy BSG either...or I might just puke!
          sigpic

Comment

ABC close on 'V'

It looks like “V” will live again on TV.

Sources said ABC is close to a series order for the Warner Bros. TV-produced reimagining of the 1980s mini-series.

There was speculation that “V” might get a short midseason order, but indication on Friday night was that the pickup would probably be for 13 episodes.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...t-for-ted.html

Comment

I just heard that ABC offered to pick up 6 episodes of V -- but Warner Bros has not accepted.
              http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...r-town-on-abc/

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder what is going to go on?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You wonder what's going on with what?

Anyone know of a release date for V?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    You wonder what's going on with what?

Anyone know of a release date for V?
                    This situation -

I just heard that ABC offered to pick up 6 episodes of V -- but Warner Bros has not accepted. Either a heavy negotiation take place, or this will be a limited event series.

This was at the last link from Madwelshboy.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well from the worst case scenario we just get the pilot an nothing else. The second best scenario we get the pilot plus 6 if they do well more episodes. The very best scenario is the episode number is upped to the level required by WB. I would of thought that be around 13 episodes.

Comment

V, a re-imagining of the 1980s miniseries about an alien invasion, from Scott Peters (The 4400), according to The Hollywood Reporter.

V is expected to be presented as a 13-episode limited-series event, the trade paper reported.

ABC officially announces its fall schedule on Tuesday.
                        http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/abc-bee...i-fi-sched.php

Comment

Well, I guess we'll find out what we get tomorrow!
                          sigpic

Comment

V - First Promotional Photos

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...al-photos.html

Comment

Mmm, not sure I like the design of the ship. The blond looks like an all grown up Elizabeth. And - what, no hot men?!? Yes, I'm shallow, I like a few nice hot men to look at in the shows I watch! Alan Tudyk just doesn't do it for me
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

ABC 2009-10 Schedule Announced

“V”

“V” is a re-imagining of the 1980’s miniseries about the world’s first encounter with an alien race in which the aliens call themselves The Visitors, and have a seemingly friendly agenda that may or may not be a cover for something more malevolent.

“V” stars Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans, Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols, Joel Gretsch as Father Jack Landry, Lourdes Benedicto as Valerie Stevens, Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans, Laura Vandervoort as Lisa, with Morena Baccarin as Anna and Scott Wolf as Chad Decker.

The series is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. Scott Peters is executive producer/writer and Steve Pearlman and Jace Hall are executive producers. The pilot was directed and executive produced by Yves Simoneau.

V will premier midseason.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/19...nnounced/18992

Comment

Working...
                                X