No announcement yet.

V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, there are some politicians who believe the people are pretty stupid...

The show this past week was great and am eagerly awaiting
    Spoiler:
    Erica's partner's "rebirth" next week!

looks to be another great ep!
    Last edited by Rac80; 12 November 2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      I dunno, there are some politicians who believe the people are pretty stupind...

The show this past week was great and am eagerly awaiting
      Spoiler:
      Erica's partner's "rebirth" next week!

looks to be another great ep!
      I can't wait for next week's episode too!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        *makes mental note to not watch V anywhere near pipi* Sometimes...simplistic messages work best. That way there's nothing to be read into them.
        I think the other poster is right about this line. I'll give Morena Baccarin a little credit for the way she delivers it, but if it were just about anybody else it would just fall flat.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I think the other poster is right about this line. I'll give Morena Baccarin a little credit for the way she delivers it, but if it were just about anybody else it would just fall flat.
          I'd have to disagree. She's very good and very beautiful, but there are a fair number of actors who share her skill. I will agree that when a line is both slightly over the top, and a major clue that they're bad before we actually have that confirmed, it takes a good actor to pull it off, but she's not the only good actor on television, however much I may enjoy her performances.

Comment

I really hope this show succeeds.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              If you're a "realist" and don't watch "broadcast" scifi shows...then why are you here commenting on it? Me thinks someone just likes to stir the crapper.

I love your response to SBN. IDK why people can't be positive instead of giving us this "I'm a realist" line. There's a difference between being a realist and being negative.

*makes mental note to not watch V anywhere near pipi* Sometimes...simplistic messages work best. That way there's nothing to be read into them.
              When she stays that line, I think of SM thoughts just to prove that the peace line is so lame. Wonder if she'd still say that after some kinky bondage or some other depraved human act. At least Peace Ambassador boy proved my point. Only bong smoking hippies can get away with that line without looking lame.

Comment

Cool show. I love those paranoid body snatching movies.

So is the old father priest a V too? He sound a little too much accommodating.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                  So...you're just here to rain on the parade? I'm guessing you aren't planning on watching it what with having given up, so you're just spreading nihilism around for the heck of it?

In any case, I'm pretty sure that inevitable failure of all you hold dear isn't really on topic. And perhaps we can let the show get more than two episodes out before we focus on the existential angst that is inevitable cancellation.

I have to spread the love before I can green you again. Feh. But well said.

It'll last more than 4 episodes.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    V's ratings are about as good as you can get on American television. Now lets see what next week brings

I like the show, much of it works well so I like it a lot
                    I think the writing is sharp and I think the actors are doing great
                    but I don't like the colors they produced. I wish the show had a bit more color, I dislike the visual way modern shows look. It's all this dark, grey, moody look. I was expecting the inside of the spaceships to look crazy but we just get more of that typical look on every modern series since DS9 and Battlestar.
                    They are supposed to be these green lizards I expected their ships to be a bit more exotic and a but more exciting organic but instead we get that typical drab, grayed out, generic look

Other than this visual style I don't really have complaints, a lot of the show impressed me.
                    Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                    They had to fake the ratings
                    They had to fake the ratings.
                    Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post

They are supposed to be these green lizards I expected their ships to be a bit more exotic and a but more exciting organic but instead we get that typical drab, grayed out, generic look

Other than this visual style I don't really have complaints, a lot of the show impressed me.

That's actually what I like about the ships. They're so clean and sterile they look alien!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                        was it just a continuity error or had Erica & Father Jack lost their lizzard test scaring?
                        I know we never saw the test but it was implied they went through it.
                        wasn't that right behind the ear, its not exactly part of someones body that you often see

anyone else immedietely think rekma sharma's character was a V, would be a bit too obvious though

Comment

The interesting difference between this new series and the original one, I think, is that the V's have been already on Earth, infiltrating the population.
                          So now we're wondering who is a lizard or not!
                          It makes sense to have a "first wave", when you prepare something like that.

Comment

I like this new approach to the old series... someone seems to have borrowed a leaf or two out the page of BSG.... and have taken a more contemporaneous approach. The acting and writing is so far looking better than average.
                            I thought episode 2 was really intriguing but I was somewhat perturbed by the fact that Father Jack and Erica were not being very discreet or surreptitious in their meet-ups.
                            So far the show looks like it'll have legs. As long as they don't stray away from it's premise and insert the usual, obligatory ridiculous hook-ups that sinks tv shows in the miry bog of fillerdom.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

V - Episode 1.03 - A Bright New Day - Sneak Peek

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/v-e...k-peek_14.html

Comment

I did not see that outcome. I thought it would be different.

Green for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X