No announcement yet.

V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched the first episode of the miniseries yesterday on TV6 Sweden and I loved it! Let's hope that this new series is as good as the original.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      To each his own!

I thought BSG was utter soap oper-y crap.

The trailers for this look good. That article worried me a bit. Won't keep me from watching, though. I'll make my own decision after I've seen a few episodes.
      The trailers are indeed pretty awesome. Only time will tell though.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        The trailers are indeed pretty awesome. Only time will tell though.
        Im not sure on this one. I did like the trailers , it does have potential ,but Im not so sure this one will last a full season.

Comment

Originally posted by Garovorkin View Post
          Im not sure on this one. I did like the trailers , it does have potential ,but Im not so sure this one will last a full season.
          And they are talking about a layout for 4 seasons. That would be so horrible if a show that was planned out for 4 seasons only lasted a half a season.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            And they are talking about a layout for 4 seasons. That would be so horrible if a show that was planned out for 4 seasons only lasted a half a season.
            The same thing could well have happened to a show like babylon 5.

Comment

Why original V star Marc Singer thinks the time is right for the remake

Marc Singer, who starred in the original 1980s sci-fi miniseries V and subsequent spinoffs, told SCI FI Wire that he would love to take part in ABC's upcoming re-imagined series, which is slated to debut after January 2010.

Singer played reporter Mike Donovan in the original miniseries, about an invasion of apparently benign aliens who turn out to be sinister lizard creatures with a nefarious agenda.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/marc-si...-starred-i.php

Comment

I'd love to see him play a role of some kind.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I'd love to see him play a role of some kind.
                  So would I, even though i wouldn't recognize him as I don't know who he is .
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Is Jane "Diana" Badler Going to Appear on the New "V"?

Actress Jane Badler, who portrayed Visitor leader Diana in the original incarnation of "V", and who has had a successful singing career in Australia where she lives, could be appearing on the new "V". At least that's the case based on some of her blog entries on her official myspace page. On February 20th, she wrote, "Been a lot going on with all the excitement of the new 'V' pilot. Haven't been locked in to series, but had a great meeting with Jace Hall the exec producer and I know it will be a great pilot. Can't wait to see it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi_...s/news/?a=7962

Comment

"V" IN THE NEWS: COMIC-CON UPDATE

According to E!, the pilot for "V" will be shown at Comic-Con on Saturday July 25th between 2:45 and 3:45 PM. Word is there will be a panel featuring cast and crew as well

http://www.visitorsamongus.com/2009/...-the-news.html

Comment

With my luck, it will be up against the Stargate one and i'll have to choose. LOL!
                        sigpic

Comment

With my luck, it will be up against the Stargate one and i'll have to choose. LOL!
                          I'm sure i've read that Stargate is on the friday, tho i could be wrong.

Comment

Laura Vandervoort Interview: Smallville, Into the Blue 2 and "V"

Spoiler:
                            VISITORS AMONG US: Speaking of aliens, how did you come to be involved with “V”?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: I got a phone call. They were shooting in Vancouver and I’ve played an alien similar to the one in “V” before and they wanted to know if I wanted to be a part of it. I jumped and said, “Yeah!” It was just two days of shooting for me, because it’s an introduction of my character in the pilot. If it goes to series, hopefully the character will evolve. It was great. I’ve never seen the original, but I’ve heard amazing things about it. There are a lot of good rumors on set that this is going to be big. They have a good cast, and I play the enticing young teenage alien trying to enroll the teen humans on the ship with her looks.

VISITORS AMONG US: I know you only played her for two days, but in your mind who is your character of Lisa?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: From what I felt when I was playing her and from what I read, there are hundreds of thousands of Visitors on the ship. She’s your typical clean-cut, cookie-cutter young girl, but she’s actually higher in rank than anyone expects. She’s a lot smarter than she plays it off to be, and like many girls she uses her looks to get what she wants. But she’s more calculating and, as you can expect, she’s not there for good.

VISITORS AMONG US: She’s manipulating these guys, basically, ultimately to turn them against humans.

LAURA VANDERVOORT: She’s manipulating the young ones, the naïve ones or the ones who are rebellious and hate their parents. She’s using any of them who have problems with being on earth to really turn them against the human race.

VISITORS AMONG US: I think it’s like Hitler’s Youth Group.

LAURA VANDERVOORT: Yes, she’s going after those who are lonely, that ought to know better and just want to be liked or a part of something.

VISITORS AMONG US: What was the atmosphere on the set like?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: The first day I was there was literally the first day of shooting. People were still trying to figure everything out, but the attitude on everybody’s part was really positive. Yves, the director, is really great. When I went back a week later thinking it would tell me how things were going, everybody was even more excited with how great the pilot is looking. The producers are expecting big things. Logan Huffman, one of the male leads, says he can’t wait. He’s not new to the business, but he’s new enough where he can’t believe he’s on set. He’s enjoying every minute of it and soaking it in. He’s even there when he’s not working. So everybody’s really positive and hoping the show will do well. That happens on a lot of pilots, but I really think that this one is something special.

VISITORS AMONG US: The series in the ‘80s didn’t really work. Hopefully this will have a chance to become all that the concept can be.

LAURA VANDERVOORT: Some people might believe the concept of the show could be possible, so that could be intriguing to them.

VISITORS AMONG US: There’s also an opportunity to explore what power does to people.

LAURA VANDERVOORT: In the script, it’s almost like Beatlemania. Everyone’s a little unsure initially when they arrive, but as soon as one person is on the bandwagon, everyone’s on the bandwagon and pro the Visitors. That’s what’s appealing in this movie, everyone is celebrating these strange people that come to earth.

VISITORS AMONG US: Logan is Tyler Evans, but his friend, Jesse Wheeler as Brandon, is the one that Lisa can manipulate more easily, right?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: That’s true. He’s the sidekick best friend who’s kind of in awe of everything and wants to believe it and falls for the girl immediately. He’s a little easier to take over. But she has to work on Tyler more. I think she sees him more as a leader, so she wants him and really has to work her magic on him. But she’s got the Brandon character under her thumb. He did such a good job while we were shooting; the looks he was giving were hilarious.

VISITORS AMONG US: If this should go to series, where would you personally like to see Lisa go?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: I don’t even know what they’re planning or if my character will return. Obviously I want to do some kick-butt stuff, but I’d also like her to turn good and have a relationship with Tyler and realize that what her race is doing isn’t right. Of course, I have no idea; I would just be happy to be a part of it.

VISITORS AMONG US: On the original there was a Fifth Column that was working with the humans in secret. They were still on the ship, but they were helping humanity. It would be interesting if Lisa became that kind of character.

LAURA VANDERVOORT: That would be something I’d be interested in, because it would be unexpected.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...n/news/?a=7965

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              I'm sure i've read that Stargate is on the friday, tho i could be wrong.
                              Yeah, in the past the Stargate panels have been on Friday.
                              sigpic

Comment

Some of the cast from the original show popping up here and there would be a very nice nod.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X