V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    If we're talking about hotness on the show, I don't think any of them are even in the same league as Laura Vandervoort. She's probably one of the best looking women on TV, let alone V.
    This.
    Also, while I rather liked Adria, I don't like Anna's short hair and she has a sort of 'pasty' look due to being all unemotional. And I don't get how people see "Elizabeth Mitchell as eye-candy" (nor do I find her especially interesting as a character... though the situation of wanting to tell Tyler the truth but not being able to because of the PA jacket-cam sure is an interesting one).

The V solder was rather lame, IMHO.
    I'm enjoying the dangerous game Chad is playing: on the inside with Anna but not truly trusting her, and having a line to Jack and looking into the 5th column but not being inside that group yet either. Also Lisa who's finding and hiding increasing tension separating her from her mother and increasing feelings for Ty that are getting in the way of whatever evil plan Anna has for him, but isn't trusted by Joshua (and certainly doesn't see him as an ally of any sort), that's a fun plot to watch too. But the main resistance plot looks pretty hopeless, ineffective and far too small to achieve much beyond getting people killed.
    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    We've got Mr. Terrorist Guy, who's about as stereotypical a 'badass' as they could possibly have written unless they hired Agam Darshi.
    I agree with you about Mr Terrorist Guy, but if you're referring to the writing of Sanctuary's Kate Freelander, I say blame the writers, not the actress for that one.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      I agree with you, except for the who's hottest talk. Is it wrong to thunk a priest?
      I hope not. He's the best looking person on the show!!

As for the ratings, with V on the bubble, a lot of other things come into play. Cost to produce, how many other ABC shows have been cancelled, competition (Flash Forward is during slighlty worse than V, but it's competition in that time slot is much stronger, so ABC could decide to keep that show and move it to V's spot). Also the pilot season is starting so it could matter what ABC thinks of the new crop of shows. I think it will be a late May decision.

The V solder was rather lame, IMHO.
      Very lame. After all the build up, all we got was generic assasin guy. And not a very good one at that.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

While this isn't my favorite show by any stretch, I do enjoy it. I really hope it ends up getting a second season.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pointy View Post
          Also, thinking about the Soldier he didn't seem much more powerful than Ryan physically. Better trained and tougher than other Visitors sure, but his whole stick seems to be stealth and efficiency. He has better senses and can cling to surfaces like a Gecko and is very stealthy. More of a assassin than a soldier, maybe he was specially bred...
          The fact that the soldier survived gunshots and an axe to the chest = V-terminator. If only they got Arnold to do a cameo. lol. Or at least some buff dude.

Comment

I agree that the first episode moved way to fast and needed to catch it's breath, but the first season is almost over and the show still feels like it's only now gearing up. There's what, twelve episodes to the first season and it's just now hitting it's groove? Don't get me wrong, there's two or three reveals an episode but the show doesn't feel like it's doing anything with them. The Resistance feels a bit static and I find them uninteresting. Anna and the Vs are much better characters in my opinion.
            I concur. I was thinking the same thing myself. It seems like we see a tad more each week, but nothing is done with the reveal.

Also, thinking about the Soldier he didn't seem much more powerful than Ryan physically. Better trained and tougher than other Visitors sure, but his whole stick seems to be stealth and efficiency. He has better senses and can cling to surfaces like a Gecko and is very stealthy. More of a assassin than a soldier, maybe he was specially bred...
            Yes, I agree. He seemed like he was more of an assassin.
            sigpic

Comment

LOL at Tyler! Poor baby got dumped. He's such a textbook dating noob and laughable. Just because you score once does not mean your relationship is steady. Although Lisa did it with good intentions his naivity is so faunnie.

Comment

LOL at Tyler! Poor baby got dumped. He's such a textbook dating noob and laughable. Just because you score once does not mean your relationship is steady. Although Lisa did it with good intentions his naivity is so faunnie.

Comment

Just saw Hearts and Minds. Pretty good.
                  Spoiler:
                  d'awwwwwwwww, poor Lisa. She fakes a breakup to save Tyler and for her trouble she gets:
                  "Break her legs"

I wonder when she'll tell him what's really going on... and when Erika will learn who Lisa really is. Nice switch on who the FBI V is, had me fooled for a bit! As for Erika leading the 5th column taskforce, can anyone say 'massive conflict of interest'?
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I think V needs more lizards, don't you? — Avi
                    MICKEY: Personally, yes. I love lizards! But the creators of the V remake have been aiming for more action than sci-fi — hence the shortage of all things green and scaly. Executive producer Scott Rosenbaum says that won't change. "You won't see the full-on what the Visitors look like underneath [until early in] Season 2," he says. Yes, he said Season 2, and he said it with confidence.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...I-1018112.aspx

Comment

Crikey.......... Long way to go to see full lizard.......... If they get a season 2 that is........

Who wanted Lisa's legs broken
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i think a bigger question is, does Anna suspect or know that Lisa has developed emotions and this is her way to punish and use her? Or is she just that cold blooded?

I don't know if anyone has thought of it, at least on the show, but the surveillance jackets, they not only work for spying on humans, but also for spying on their own. Any and everything you can can be monitored and recorded. so there's no such thing as secrets and it seems the only thing that can allow you to be undiscovered is the sheer volume of info and maybe lack of time to go through it all

I'm thinking the finale will be the second fleet showing up, leaving anna to fight a 'war' on two fronts. managing who the other v's are and keeping control of the planet.

she can't keep total control forever and some bad press will inevitably slip through
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                          Really? That's all you got out of that? Lisa broke up with Tyler to save him, and what is she going to get for her actions?
                          Spoiler:
                          beaten face and broken legs
                          And before the break up, Lisa gave him every sign that they were a couple. No matter if you're new to dating or if you're a seasoned relationship veteran...break-ups are difficult. Its nice to see that people take joy in another person's pain.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i think a bigger question is, does Anna suspect or know that Lisa has developed emotions and this is her way to punish and use her? Or is she just that cold blooded?

I don't know if anyone has thought of it, at least on the show, but the surveillance jackets, they not only work for spying on humans, but also for spying on their own. Any and everything you can can be monitored and recorded. so there's no such thing as secrets and it seems the only thing that can allow you to be undiscovered is the sheer volume of info and maybe lack of time to go through it all

I'm thinking the finale will be the second fleet showing up, leaving anna to fight a 'war' on two fronts. managing who the other v's are and keeping control of the planet.

she can't keep total control forever and some bad press will inevitably slip through
                          That's a good question! I wonder if Anna does suspect or if she was just punishing Lisa for her "failure."
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Crikey.......... Long way to go to see full lizard.......... If they get a season 2 that is........

Who wanted Lisa's legs broken
                            Anna
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Really? That's all you got out of that? Lisa broke up with Tyler to save him, and what is she going to get for her actions?
                              Spoiler:
                              beaten face and broken legs
                              And before the break up, Lisa gave him every sign that they were a couple. No matter if you're new to dating or if you're a seasoned relationship veteran...break-ups are difficult. Its nice to see that people take joy in another person's pain.

That's a good question! I wonder if Anna does suspect or if she was just punishing Lisa for her "failure."
                              My thoughts exactly on the Tyler/Lisa breakup.

I have noticed that with the surveillance jackets. They have a room dedicated to viewing the jacket cameras. When Tyler and Lisa were in the V shuttle in space (when they get personal), she lays the jacket with the front down. Lisa is aware of how they are used. I don't believe she ever wore it when visiting Tyler at his home. Anna has suspected Lisa for awhile. Her subtle looks give her away. She is a very observant person and also a true V. How else could she do that to her daughter. And poor Lisa, she tries to keep the emotions in, trying to prove to her mother that spending time with the humans hasn't changed her. I see Anna's abuse towards her daughter used as a punishment and a way to manipulate the humans once again.
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Anna most be impossible to buy for on Mother's Day.

"Aw, that's so sweet honey, another Angel Statue...."

-To a nearby Guard.-

"Break her legs."

Written in Blood, My First Stargate Fanfiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X