V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I do think....humans are a contrary bunch. there would be a LOT that dont' trust the V's. there should be a lot of - maybe ineffectual but vocal - V dissenters.

i am NOT giving permission to bring politics into this, but look at the 'is obama bad' 'is obama good' issues that have been going on for years now. Multiply the paranoia, multiply the ferocity and that's what there'd be. loud and vocal protests, anti v websites, conspiracy theories running rampant, etc.
    oh come now, when you are being called seditious for disagreeing with the governement dissent is quieted! That's the whole point of V...the conspiracies are right! The original series did a great job with a character who was a holocaust survivor giving people an early warning. This series doesn't seem to have that impact...but in today's politically correct world you couldn't have a survivor of 9-11 ( or insert terrible event in person's life) warning about the V's!
    I think the show is portraying the populace today as too "comfortable" to get worked up- give them their iPods and they are happy!

Comment

He's a bit of a tart, not emo though.

Comment

Oh, that pile of crap franchise.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post

This series doesn't seem to have that impact...but in today's politically correct world you couldn't have a survivor of 9-11 ( or insert terrible event in person's life) warning about the V's!
          I think the show is portraying the populace today as too "comfortable" to get worked up- give them their iPods and they are happy!

This bit..........

Hence why I think all the humans in this series have been hit with the 'stupid ray"

I mean no one protests any more. No one seems to kick up a stink when massive injustices occur... You've summed up thsi world nicely.

May I borrow what you wrote ?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Could the mothership video broadcasts be hijacked again?

I think it could be a straight-up video of Ryan revealing everything. Could be something sharp for down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
              Could the mothership video broadcasts be hijacked again?

I think it could be a straight-up video of Ryan revealing everything. Could be something sharp for down the road.

But that would be overall kinda lame.... No action no drama just reveals it all via video.......

Comment

Just saw the episode.

Spoiler:
                Lisa failed the test. (I kind of thought that could happen.)

It looks like some humans are turning in their own kind now. "Because..... we can't win."

And the Vs are aware now that there is a Human/Visitor child.

That last part with Anna and Lisa was pretty disturbing. This may be the beginning of a schism between Anna and Lisa. Joshua is putting himself in a tough spot if he isn't careful. He's one of the most vital members of the Fifth Column.

The egg part was the weirdest yet. I had a gut feeling that she would crush one of the eggs.

Comment

V - Episode 1.09 - Heretic's Fork - Promo

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/04/v-e...ork-promo.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Very well said........ It's like all the humans on Earth have been hit with the "stupid ray"
                    Funny. I would expect more distrust around the world. A least in the latest episode there were still some world leaders not willing to buy into the whole giving free stuff and peace crap. The V-motherships are still allowed to hover over major cities and have unlimited shuttle access to anywhere in the city. Does that make any military defense sense? No. They should have been told to park their peace loving butts offshore away from the populace and have nukes aimed at them (secretly ofcause). And how the frak do you give Vs a passport to enter your country when they haven't submitted to a full physical by Earth doctors to see if they were not packing any tails or alien bacteria that could cause a pandemic? Oh wait, the stupid ray.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                      Funny. I would expect more distrust around the world. A least in the latest episode there were still some world leaders not willing to buy into the whole giving free stuff and peace crap. The V-motherships are still allowed to hover over major cities and have unlimited shuttle access to anywhere in the city. Does that make any military defense sense? No. They should have been told to park their peace loving butts offshore away from the populace and have nukes aimed at them (secretly ofcause). And how the frak do you give Vs a passport to enter your country when they haven't submitted to a full physical by Earth doctors to see if they were not packing any tails or alien bacteria that could cause a pandemic? Oh wait, the stupid ray.
                      Yeah, that stupid ray sure screws people up.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post

Well actually the writers covered for this plot hole by stating in the firs episode that the V's had sleeper agents on Earth the last 30 years infesting various layers of government........ Also that maybe all our terrorist problems were V agents too because the moment the space ships came all the terrorist groups stopped.

But still all the points you made have not been addressed so +1 for the stupid ray.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode last night.
                          Spoiler:
                          It was disturbing to see that humans are turning on each other. I knew it would happen, but I didn't think it'd happen so soon. I was also surprised that Joshua withheld Lisa's test results from Anna. He seems to be keeping her as some sort of ace in the hole. I hope that plan pans out for him. I also thought they egg crushing thing was sortta nasty. I was good to see that people other than the 5th column are skeptical of the Vs.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            When Lisa was being tested, I just knew that she was going to fail.

I am hoping for other journalists going after Chad Decker, over his special relationship with the Vs, and how he gets all the exclusives.

Now comes the hard part involving Val and Ryan.

Comment

Anyone know how many episodes are left?
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Lisa is essentially the next potential queen, so keeping her results a secret would help the 5th column, especially if they can convert her to their needs and then kill Anna and put Lisa on the proverbial throne. She's a tool alright.

Killing the potential soldier was very disturbing to me...
                                Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                                Spoiler:
                                "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                                "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                                "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                                "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                                "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Working...
                                X