V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Excitement on V would be one of the ships losing power and falling down...

But I think they're beyond even doing that to spice up the show.....

Surely hovering like that is wasting power? Why don't they land?
    Honestly? Because they don't want to be on a level field with humans. The Vs believe they are superior to us, so it doesn't surprise me that they would want to remain on their ships for the most part, above us.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

V's Logan Huffman: Tyler Is Actually the Hero

Tyler Evans (Logan Huffman), a whiny, rebellious teenager who is dating the Visitor Lisa (Laura Vandervoort), has made it much harder for his mom, Erica (Elizabeth Mitchell), to make a dent in the lizard people's plans. Huffman tells TVGuide.com that his character's demeanor is about to change and that he may in fact be the real hero of the series. Plus: What does Tyler have in common with Luke Skywalker?

continues:
      http://www.tvguide.com/News/V-Logan-...n-1017537.aspx

Comment

^ This may bring about a turn of events.

Comment

Okay, I'm just gonna put in my two cents.

First of all, this show has the worst green screen work currently on TV, and that includes Sanctuary. Hell, most of the VFX are simply horrible. WTH, Zoic? Are those ABC folks so cheap?

Secondly...This is a remake of an '80s show. I get that. But why are they ignoring THE major breakthrough in technology since then? Something that's changed the way we look at the world? Namely, the Internet. To me, it's ridiculous that 4 people are, like...taking on an alien civilization. Okay, so they said something about the Vs being able to track IPs faster or some crap like that. Is there no hacker in the world curious enough about aliens to at least start some kind of movement on the web?

And they're trying to give the show a true global scale, with the V ships all over the place and all that. But when you focus on so few characters, all in one location, that's lost. It only makes you think more about how no one in the damn world is bothered enough by the Vs except these guys. And where's the military? Where's ANYTHING? These guys just show up and everyone's like "Well, hi there! Why, you say you have some magical evidence showing this guy planted a bomb? Well, we'll take it then, thanks! No need for an investigation!" Seriously, they have sleeper agents and haven infiltrated all levels of the Government. But NO ONE? No Colonel feeling suspicious? No member of the cabinet thinking "This is all too convenient and aliens are usually bad in sci-fi flicks."

Also, those same 4-5 people apparently get together half a dozen times a day, sometimes right there, where a major V-related event occurs. Like the announcement of the Live Aboard program. The humble priest got front-row seats and then managed to walk right up and chat with the V mouthpiece, intrepid reporter what's-his-face.

I guess, in the end, what it boils down to is that the show is just too small for the scope they wanted to portray. This needed a huge ensemble cast, with multiple locations. Something akin to Heroes season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            Okay, I'm just gonna put in my two cents.

First of all, this show has the worst green screen work currently on TV, and that includes Sanctuary. Hell, most of the VFX are simply horrible. WTH, Zoic? Are those ABC folks so cheap?

Secondly...This is a remake of an '80s show. I get that. But why are they ignoring THE major breakthrough in technology since then? Something that's changed the way we look at the world? Namely, the Internet. To me, it's ridiculous that 4 people are, like...taking on an alien civilization. Okay, so they said something about the Vs being able to track IPs faster or some crap like that. Is there no hacker in the world curious enough about aliens to at least start some kind of movement on the web?

And they're trying to give the show a true global scale, with the V ships all over the place and all that. But when you focus on so few characters, all in one location, that's lost. It only makes you think more about how no one in the damn world is bothered enough by the Vs except these guys. And where's the military? Where's ANYTHING? These guys just show up and everyone's like "Well, hi there! Why, you say you have some magical evidence showing this guy planted a bomb? Well, we'll take it then, thanks! No need for an investigation!" Seriously, they have sleeper agents and haven infiltrated all levels of the Government. But NO ONE? No Colonel feeling suspicious? No member of the cabinet thinking "This is all too convenient and aliens are usually bad in sci-fi flicks."

Also, those same 4-5 people apparently get together half a dozen times a day, sometimes right there, where a major V-related event occurs. Like the announcement of the Live Aboard program. The humble priest got front-row seats and then managed to walk right up and chat with the V mouthpiece, intrepid reporter what's-his-face.

I guess, in the end, what it boils down to is that the show is just too small for the scope they wanted to portray. This needed a huge ensemble cast, with multiple locations. Something akin to Heroes season 1.

Very well said........ It's like all the humans on Earth have been hit with the "stupid ray"
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I do think....humans are a contrary bunch. there would be a LOT that dont' trust the V's. there should be a lot of - maybe ineffectual but vocal - V dissenters.

i am NOT giving permission to bring politics into this, but look at the 'is obama bad' 'is obama good' issues that have been going on for years now. Multiply the paranoia, multiply the ferocity and that's what there'd be. loud and vocal protests, anti v websites, conspiracy theories running rampant, etc.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I do think....humans are a contrary bunch. there would be a LOT that dont' trust the V's. there should be a lot of - maybe ineffectual but vocal - V dissenters.

i am NOT giving permission to bring politics into this, but look at the 'is obama bad' 'is obama good' issues that have been going on for years now. Multiply the paranoia, multiply the ferocity and that's what there'd be. loud and vocal protests, anti v websites, conspiracy theories running rampant, etc.

But when will an active open resistance happen? and will Earth fight back
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  V's Logan Huffman: Tyler Is Actually the Hero

Tyler Evans (Logan Huffman), a whiny, rebellious teenager who is dating the Visitor Lisa (Laura Vandervoort), has made it much harder for his mom, Erica (Elizabeth Mitchell), to make a dent in the lizard people's plans. Huffman tells TVGuide.com that his character's demeanor is about to change and that he may in fact be the real hero of the series. Plus: What does Tyler have in common with Luke Skywalker?

continues:
                  http://www.tvguide.com/News/V-Logan-...n-1017537.aspx
                  Very interesting!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    He is by no means emo.
                    Please.

There's very little that's more whiny emo than the teenage "my mom doesn't understand me!"
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Please.

There's very little that's more whiny emo than the teenage "my mom doesn't understand me!"
                      Emo isn't just whining. Its encompassed by the clothes, hair styles, attitudes, make-up, and a skinny body. Emos are also into cutting themselves. I've yet to see Tyler wear an article of clothing that looks emo. I've not seen him style his hair in an emo way, and his attitude isn't emo.

Now that's emo
                      sigpic

Comment

Please.

Tyler emo? Puh-lease!! He is not even as bad as Edward Cullen, who is always wallowing in his deep pit of misery and depression.
                        sigpic

Comment

Who?
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                            Tyler emo? Puh-lease!! He is not even as bad as Edward Cullen, who is always wallowing in his deep pit of misery and depression.
                            LOL...I know right! And Edward is definately pale enough to be Emo as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Who?
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Cullen
                              sigpic

Comment

Who?
                                Someone who doesn't know Edward? Oh, God! The sanity tastes so good!

Comment

Working...
                                X