Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Borg nanites are superior to those in use by the Pegasus Replicators and likely the MW replicators too. Pegasus nanties can't even beat the immune system of Weir, Borg nano probes would destroy them no problem. So IMO the Borg would be able to stop both forms of Replicators. They also have a fleet large enough to easily overcome practically any other foe. Species 8472 would beat the Borg so they'd be one of the top baddies.

However I have to say the Daleks have this one in the bag. Their use of time travel makes them unbeatable. Everyone else could be exterminated before they even existed.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

SENATOR/VP KINSLEY!

hate him so much!
      and so annoying!
      XD

Comment

Chuck Norris.
        BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bareassedmunky View Post
          Under the first definition, I'll concede the daleks, I'm not a dr who fan, but the descriptions seem to confirm their status (it also makes me not want to watch dr who even more than I already do, if such a thing is possible). Although, they are defeated by steps...
          O RLY

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
          SENATOR/VP KINSLEY!
          I'm not to up on my Stargate Lore at the moment. Kinsey is still out there, isn't he, Goa'uld-ed? Or did he get killed?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon M View Post
            O RLY

I'm not to up on my Stargate Lore at the moment. Kinsey is still out there, isn't he, Goa'uld-ed? Or did he get killed?
            Fair enough - they have mastered the challenge of the step, they are clearly geniuses!

And kinsey is both a goa'uld and dead, but he was still a damn entertaining bad guy.
            I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Dark Phoenix.
              Though she's not really evil, just, er, misunderstood. And a bit mad. Actually, she's mad as an earwig, but as she eats stars for breakfast, you'd not argue with her, well, not for long, anyway.

But v.pretty.

Uh oh... Frying tonight.

Anyone for asparagus roast?

And she gets to dress like Emma Peel in A Touch of Brimstone, which made lots of fanboys (including Chris and John) v.happy.

The Pagh-wraiths are very like the Ori, right down to the fire motif.

In the 1960's I had a hard plastic Dalek (first alien species to get their own font http://www.dafont.com/dalek.font) which I used to take to bed with me at night. Rather destroys their mystique.

FF
              sigpic

Comment

OK, I don't know if you guys count Twin Peaks as sci-fi, but I think that Bob is far and away the scariest, most evil villain I've ever seen. I had to close my eyes when he came on screen. He gave me nightmares. I shudder to think of him to this day.

I don't know if he'd win a battle or not, but I think everyone else would just look at him and run away screaming!
                Last edited by Callista; 24 January 2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Here is my list. They are all related...

Comment

I think some of you are confusing the most evil with the most powerful
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

of all the series mentioned in the 1st post :
                      in terms of evil the goa'uld are #1, no contest. they make their victims go through a fate worse than death & take pleasure in it

in all of sci-fi (inc. comics) :
                      I'd have to go with the Anti-monitor (he eats universes for breakfast & enjoys it)
                      Last edited by SoulReaver; 26 January 2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Evil Willow(from Buffy), The First Evil, Glory(from Buffy), Illyria, Jasmine, The Beast, Wolfram & Hart, Isobel(from Smallville), Doomsday, Cthulhu, Brainiac, Darkseid. Apocalypse(from X-men) and Alastair. Lilith & the other demons and supernatural creatures(from Supernatural) would destroy the Daleks, Ori and all the other bad guys that everyone has listed

Comment

Originally posted by Bareassedmunky View Post
                          Fair enough - they have mastered the challenge of the step, they are clearly geniuses!

And kinsey is both a goa'uld and dead, but he was still a damn entertaining bad guy.
                          There is an old saying from back when the original Doctor Who series was on the air. Real Daleks don't use stairs, they level the building.

I thought Kinsey was entertaining too, completely forgot that he had died. I thought he drove off in a ship in the end, or am I thinking of something else.

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee
                          I think some of you are confusing the most evil with the most powerful
                          The thread asks about the ultimate scifi evil. To be ultimate, you have to possess both the machinations of evil and the power to pull it off. If the question was "who is the most sadistic?" then I'd agree with you, but as it isn't, the point is moot.

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
                          of all the series mentioned in the 1st post :
                          in terms of evil and the goa'uld are #1, no contest. they make their victims go through a fate worse than death & take pleasure in it.
                          In terms of the series mentioned, then its an arguable but valid answer. In terms of sadism in all of SciFi, I think the crown is probably owned by Chaos / Dark Eldar from 40K. The wretched souls of that universe suffer agonies beyond what flesh will allow.

Originally posted by lilslim142000
                          Evil Willow(from Buffy), The First Evil, Glory(from Buffy), Illyria, Jasmine, The Beast, Wolfram & Hart, Isobel(from Smallville), Doomsday, Cthulhu, Brainiac, Darkseid. Apocalypse(from X-men) and Alastair. Lilith & the other demons and supernatural creatures(from Supernatural) would destroy the Daleks
                          You haven't seen Doctor Who, have you?

The Daleks can nuke whole galaxies (takes care of Evil Willow/Glory/Braniac/Apocalypse), use a reality bomb to wipe out all life forms in every plane of existence, cancelling out the subatomic energy bonds that hold them together (First Evil/Wolfram and Hart/Cthulhu plus ascended beings and parallel universes), and travel back in time with either the precision to stop someone being born, or to wipe the planet out of spacetime (takes care of pretty much everyone else).

The Daleks were equal to power as the Time Lords, who in their ancient past, re-wrote the laws of the universe to wipe out magic as it was too irrational for their liking (Rassilon era). The Daleks had equal power levels by the Time-War, and would simply go back and re-write the laws universe to eradicate the supernatural from nature should it be a problem.

So, forgive my bluntness, but you're wrong.

Comment

Barry Manilow.

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedKirk View Post
                              Barry Manilow.
                              Defeated by Stephen Colbert, I believe.

Comment

That may be true, but in my opinion he is still the ultimate evil. David Boreanaz's version of 'Mandy' still haunts my nightmares after all these years!!!!
                                Last edited by BeardedKirk; 26 January 2009, 12:45 PM. Reason: Missed some important words out... Oops...

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Working...
                                X