Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defying Gravity - News/Articles/Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
    I just had a revelation! Ted was telling his wife that he has visited Beta 3 times, and all he sees is just a martian sandstorm. My thought was that he and Donner need to visit Beta together, and then the message will unfold.

That was it - so what do you think?
    Unlikely it got anything to do with it. Beta choose to communicate with people first with images of what look like mars. It showed Ted wife the same images.

The question is are the images it showing are really mars and if it is mars why does it show that as the first images show people who are trying to communicate with it. At the moment Beta is a bit Mars obsessed.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Unlikely it got anything to do with it. Beta choose to communicate with people first with images of what look like mars. It showed Ted wife the same images.

The question is are the images it showing are really mars and if it is mars why does it show that as the first images show people who are trying to communicate with it. At the moment Beta is a bit Mars obsessed.
      Maybe they are supposed to find something there.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What's the order of planets they're going to visit, anyway? Cos if it somehow turns out Mars is LAST... Even if this show was likely to last that long it'd still piss me off. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          What's the order of planets they're going to visit, anyway? Cos if it somehow turns out Mars is LAST... Even if this show was likely to last that long it'd still piss me off. LOL!
          Venus is supposed to be first, as I recall.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Venus is supposed to be first, as I recall.
            Well yes, that much I knew. But they had some PR clip for the news crews that illustrated the path they were gonna take on their Grand Tour. I suppose I'll have to track down the pilot somewhere and slo-mo/pause to get a better idea.

EDIT: Hooray for Hulu! Checked and it looks like it's Venus, Mercury, Mars... and then the camera pans away from the monitor playing the clip, but it'll probably be more or less in order after that. Or hit some going out and hit the others coming back, depending on orbits. Anyway! At least Mars isn't last. LOL! I bet Mercury would be interesting, though. Pity the show won't last long enough for us to see it.
            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 22 August 2009, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Isn't there also a Pluto modul?
              So there's a modul for Venus, Mercury, Mars and Pluto; maybe also for Jupiter and Saturn moons, can't really recall seeing them on the show.
              sigpic
              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                Isn't there also a Pluto modul?
                So there's a modul for Venus, Mercury, Mars and Pluto; maybe also for Jupiter and Saturn moons, can't really recall seeing them on the show.
                Oh, I'm sure they're gonna visit them ALL (although interesting that Pluto is going to be a planet again) I was just curious about order. Not that it matters since we'll be lucky if we even see Venus, but I wanted to see their route.

The moons of Saturn and/or Jupiter would probably require a trip of its own. Or two. They may be closer together, but there are a lot more moons than there are planets.

Comment

My reasoning behind Ted and Maddux having to see the image together as Beta went to some trouble to get them on the ship, and they are the 2 crew from the Mars Landing. Beta seems to do many things in twos, and I have a gut check that I am right. Its either they have to see it together, or only once both have seen it will the message become apparent.
                  ---------------------
                  sigpic
                  Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Maybe they are supposed to find something there.
                    I do not think so, if beta wanted them to find something why not just send them straight there. I believe it either trying to teach humanity something about ourselves, which does not explain why it is changing there dna structure, or it searching for something out in a Solar system.
                    May be there clue in the symbolisms of the mar like image, was it showing a sunset or sun rising. This could mean two things humanity it reckons it ready to move onto the next step thus a new day for humanity or humanity is dieing out and that this is our sunset and the crew will create a new colony, they certainly do not seem to mind the sex part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Oh, I'm sure they're gonna visit them ALL (although interesting that Pluto is going to be a planet again) I was just curious about order. Not that it matters since we'll be lucky if we even see Venus, but I wanted to see their route.

The moons of Saturn and/or Jupiter would probably require a trip of its own. Or two. They may be closer together, but there are a lot more moons than there are planets.
                      The current season will be aired in it entirety either canada or the BBC will air it full, it would be a wast of license player money if they did cancel it half way through. You should be able to find them all on the internet. This will mean that we will at least see Venus and may be Mercury as that is just a small hop.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 23 August 2009, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Defying Gravity - Episode 1.08 - Love, Honor, Obey - Press Release

Spoiler:
                        "Love, Honor, Obey" - The astronauts find themselves in the line of fire, on ABC's "Defying Gravity," SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET). An impending solar flare threatens the crew of the Antares with dangerous radiation, while the strange force in Pod 4 finally sends out a siren call that proves utterly irresistible.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...ove-honor.html

Comment

Just wondering: Did anyone see a preview for next week's episode at the end of last night's episode? I didn't, and I'm wondering if it's a sign they could be pulling the show soon.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Episode 5 Ratings

2.66 million viewers, 0.8 / 2 18-49 rating

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/24...h-reruns/25240

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Just wondering: Did anyone see a preview for next week's episode at the end of last night's episode? I didn't, and I'm wondering if it's a sign they could be pulling the show soon.
                              I sure didn't see a preview for next week. However, I skimmed ahead on my cable guide to next week, and it said a new episode was airing. If it actually does air though, who knows? It will be such a shame if this show gets pulled.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                Episode 5 Ratings

2.66 million viewers, 0.8 / 2 18-49 rating

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/24...h-reruns/25240
                                Looks like this show is about to be cancelled. Which is a shame since I like it.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X