Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defying Gravity - News/Articles/Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    Shame about the numbers, I love this beautifully shot program.

Does anyone knows what the numbers are like for the Canada and German markets. And is there a air date for it in Britain.
    According to Wiki in Canada the first 2 episodes (airing as a 2 hour premier), rated 7.83 (Viewers in 100'000s)

on a side not:

One more artistic note: ABC's space soap "Defying Gravity" (which clearly didn't live up to its title, with 2.8 million viewers) tanked even worse than "Shark Tank," which is sort of a shame. The third episode (after a two-hour launch) continues to drag too much in terms of its storytelling, but the show boasts a solid cast and the premise is intriguing. Too bad the series appears unlikely to fulfill its summer run, much less a "six-year mission."
    http://weblogs.variety.com/bltv/2009...ank-tanks.html

Comment

not wanting to be a nitpiker but could someone change the topic title to include *spoilers*, even though it is partly funded by the BBC they've chosen not to air it yet, typical BBC idiots (I've seen it but my sister went ballistic at me for putting it on when she was here the other day oops LOL).

Anyway, I've quiet enjoyed it to date, it'll be a shame is ABC can it, if they do hopefully another network will pick it up, at least it's not totally funded by Fox LOL.

I think when they get to Mars, they're gonna find the girlie and guy they left there alive and well for some reason, whether it's actually them or beta playing more mind games is another thing.

Is my mind or beta playing tricks on me or was the girlie left on Mars the same actress that played Paula (one of Baltar's harem) on BSG?
      Last edited by Ian-S; 17 August 2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
        I am really blown away by how beautifully shot this series is so far. The cin and sets are superb.
        Many of the crew were from BSG, no doubt a very talented group.

Comment

Damn, another good show about to bite the dust.

The premise with Beta is very intriguing, but the whole grand tour of the solar system mission is BS. Carrying all that stuff on the Antares, like lander, and supplies for the mission, is very extraneous, these should have been sent ahead and picked up. A 6 year mission is pretty extreme without some sort of VR IMHO, that where Virtuality intrigues me.

Comment

they need to fix something on this show to make it a little better , or unless next year we will be buying Defying Gravity the complete series !
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post

The premise with Beta is very intriguing, but the whole grand tour of the solar system mission is BS. Carrying all that stuff on the Antares, like lander, and supplies for the mission, is very extraneous, these should have been sent ahead and picked up. A 6 year mission is pretty extreme without some sort of VR IMHO, that where Virtuality intrigues me.
              I swear, I almost hate even getting into shows anymore. I just don't understand why it is doing so bad. I will continue to watch as long as it is on the air.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Hope we get to see Wass do something soon. I really like him.
                I really like his character too. Hopefully his time will come.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  Darn, you keep on posting those types of numbers MWB and I am no longer going to look forward to your posts, in fact I may have to think about shooting the messenger!! LOL.

I already diagnosed the problem as to the low viewership (those Canadian numbers you posted are actually pretty good given they premiered it in the middle of a long weekend in Canada, when statistically it is a fact the majority of all Canadians actually travel to their cottage or elsewhere on any summer long weekend, so that viewership is pretty respectable) but I cannot think of what to do about it. I wrote to the network supporting the show but cannot think of much else at this moment.
                  ---------------------
                  sigpic
                  Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

I got to watch all 4 current episodes in one day (not all at once). I found my mind wandering. A lot. Overall I like the characters. Maybe I just want more action? Not sure. The show is just not dragging me in. I'll keep watching as long as it's on the air or bores me to death. Whichever comes first.

Does the ratings in the USA reflect if the show will continue? With The Listener, I know they stopped airing the episodes but I've been watching them off of CTV which is still airing Listener. I really enjoy that show and hope it's ratings more depend on CTV because I don't think I can handle any other Do you think you can dance crap show. Or whatever reality show is clogging the tv tube!
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post

They following Beta orders I guest it did not want the boring way of doing it. A big ass space ship carrying everything in a single vessels is much more exciting. Plus the biggest advantage of using a big vessel is that it potentially easier to design it to be repaired and re-equip and refuel for other missions when it returns to earth, unlike the multiple launch missions where most of the rockets would be one time launch vehicle and a other on would need to be relaunch for the next mission and send it out to other voyages or back to mars to expand a colony. An personally I go with impressive CGI rather pure factual base mission. A second one is that no politician would let a 500 billion dollars vessel sit in orbit an so they more likely to authorise and fund other missions to other targets within in the solar system.

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                      I got to watch all 4 current episodes in one day (not all at once). I found my mind wandering. A lot. Overall I like the characters. Maybe I just want more action? Not sure. The show is just not dragging me in. I'll keep watching as long as it's on the air or bores me to death. Whichever comes first.
                      Whole well at least you will continue to watch. I think the action will increase once they get to a planet. Which I hope will be soon.

Does the ratings in the USA reflect if the show will continue? With The Listener, I know they stopped airing the episodes but I've been watching them off of CTV which is still airing Listener. I really enjoy that show and hope it's ratings more depend on CTV because I don't think I can handle any other Do you think you can dance crap show. Or whatever reality show is clogging the tv tube!
                      It should not matter what the American matters all that much, if it a runaway hit in Britain and or Germany then it got a faire chance of getting reviewed. An those canadian numbers have been said to be respectable on or two other sites I went to. Shame there no current figures for the later episodes. An it not yet airing in the UK.
                      An anyway what they been saying about the NHS I more than happy to take defying gravity away from them as punishment,.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        An anyway what they been saying about the NHS I more than happy to take defying gravity away from them as punishment,.

Work 14 weeks back from Xmas and that's probably when BBC2 will start showing it, that's usually what "later in the year" means (length of series + 1 week).

Comment

the H2IK thing kept making me think of O2S2K from Middleman (Organization Too Secret To Know). Completely, wildly different and the two shows have nothing in common, but that's the way my poor cold-addled brain works.

I did like the H2IK thing though. Great in-joke within the show.

Comment

I may just start using "H2IK" in real life. She how crazy people think I am.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Christina Cox: Gravity-Defying Acts

Canadian actress Christina Cox has plenty of genre credits to her name, including popping up in four episodes of cult vampire drama Forever Knight and taking the lead role as Vicki Nelson in Blood Ties, the TV adaptation of Tanya Huff’s books. Cox’s latest role, in new sci-fi drama Defying Gravity, is perhaps her most impressive to date. She plays one of a team of astronauts who discover there’s another agenda behind their space mission. “I only do action well on TV!” she admits to Abbie Bernstein.

continues:
                              http://totalscifionline.com/intervie...y-defying-acts

Comment

I just had a revelation! Ted was telling his wife that he has visited Beta 3 times, and all he sees is just a martian sandstorm. My thought was that he and Donner need to visit Beta together, and then the message will unfold.

That was it - so what do you think?
                                ---------------------
                                sigpic
                                Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Working...
                                X