Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defying Gravity - News/Articles/Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well looks like the BBC dont care about the show either, with it now moving from its Thursday at 9pm slot to Saturday at 10:40pm

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Well looks like the BBC dont care about the show either, with it now moving from its Thursday at 9pm slot to Saturday at 10:40pm
      Well, that sucks. But since it the show is essentially dead, what with the actors released and the sets already torn down, I guess they don't think it's worth the effort of keeping it in a better timeslot.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The show will be out on dvd on January 19th:
        http://www.amazon.com/Defying-Gravit...2089260&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
          Thanks for the update!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
            Sweet! Thanks for letting us know! *runs to place pre-order*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

so is this show canceled or on hiatus, or what? we liked it and want to keep watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                so is this show canceled or on hiatus, or what? we liked it and want to keep watching.
                Cancelled. Sets have been struck. Actors have been released.
                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Shame. I liked it. Have the writers revealed how they planned the rest of the story to pan out does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    Shame. I liked it. Have the writers revealed how they planned the rest of the story to pan out does anyone know?
                    Yes if you go up a few posts, you'll see a link with an interview with the creator that provides a lot of information on how it was going to pan out. It was *quite* a shame because it has some *very* nice unexpected plot developments.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                      Yes if you go up a few posts, you'll see a link with an interview with the creator that provides a lot of information on how it was going to pan out. It was *quite* a shame because it has some *very* nice unexpected plot developments.
                      Indeed it was a shame. This show had a lot of potential IMO. Too many good shows don't get the chance to make it these days.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Indeed it was a shame. This show had a lot of potential IMO. Too many good shows don't get the chance to make it these days.
                        While the crappy shows just keep getting renewed year after year. I'd take a second season of DG over just about any show on TV right now (with the exception of NCIS, 24, and a few others).

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          While the crappy shows just keep getting renewed year after year. I'd take a second season of DG over just about any show on TV right now (with the exception of NCIS, 24, and a few others).
                          That, and "reality tv".
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

...meanwhile why isn't Law & Order on at 10:00 PM Eastern time anymore? oh and obviously nobody informed the NBC exec's that Thursdays at 10PM was wide open for Southland - they claimed that they cancelled it because it was too dark for 8pm or 9pm.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                              ...meanwhile why isn't Law & Order on at 10:00 PM Eastern time anymore? oh and obviously nobody informed the NBC exec's that Thursdays at 10PM was wide open for Southland - they claimed that they cancelled it because it was too dark for 8pm or 9pm.
                              That was such a stupid excuse.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                That was such a stupid excuse.
                                Especially given that Southland was very highly acclaimed and respected. But in the end they wanted a show that produced profits which a talk show definitely qualifies. They're incredibly cheap to produce. (Relatively speaking).

Comment

Working...
                                X