Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defying Gravity - News/Articles/Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Minor spoiler alert*

Hello there.

I'm really enjoying "Defying Gravity" except for Beta's annoying habit of creating auditory and visual hallucinations. What a nag! The season finale should be on Venus. For one thing, I want to know if the suit works.

BTW, did anyone note that the show is filming at Bridge Studios where Atlantis was? Don't worry. I think they saved the Atlantis sets.

I believe the show will survive since it's an international production. I'm annoyed with ABC's lack of promotion, but I don't think it will kill the show as in the "Firefly" idiocy.

If it weren't for Morjana's alerts, I wouldn't even know the show was on.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Interview with Florentine Lahme (Nadia Schilling) - please see link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...e-pilots-seat/

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        All Halloween in space. I got feeling it will be Beta the trick or treat this year an not the crew.
        I would say the odds of that are pretty good.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I haven't been watching this show the past few weeks, missed about 3 episodes, but did they ever address how they were to have enough fuel and food for this 6 year mission? Also water?

I was just wondering.

Comment

Water, I think, is being recycled. Probably oxygen, too, with the help of some plants. Not sure about fuel unless it's primarily solar, although I haven't noticed any sails. Could be powered by magic.

Comment

I would think solar might be a problem when they get to the outer planets though

Comment

reactors.. nuclear or possibly Fusion. it is set 40 years in the future

Comment

Originally posted by The Prof View Post
                  reactors.. nuclear or possibly Fusion. it is set 40 years in the future
                  I didn't think of this, thanks. Although I'm still stuck on the matter of food.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    I would think solar might be a problem when they get to the outer planets though
                    Also true. But I was thinking maybe with a big enough initial push... 'specially since they're gonna be as close as Mercury... *shrug* I think the Prof is on the right track, though. In fact, it's probably been mentioned, I just don't remember it. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      I haven't been watching this show the past few weeks, missed about 3 episodes, but did they ever address how they were to have enough fuel and food for this 6 year mission? Also water?

I was just wondering.
                      They are using 3rd generation ion propulsion drive using zion gas as the propellent, it powered by a nuclear reactors. It was explained in one of the briefings in he H2IK episode. This system is incredibly fuel efficient and probably will run through out the entire mission except for when they are in orbit.
                      They probably got a conventional rocket booster system to provide them with a way to exit and enter orbit or may be ion engines may have evolve to the point where they are powerful enough on there own to provide orbit insertion and enable them to leave orbit.

The oxygion and water are clearly recycle, through the garden should really be several times larger to supply a crew of that size.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 27 August 2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Defying Gravity - Episode 1.06 - Bacon - 5 Clips

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...6-bacon-5.html

Comment

Thats look like a great episode. someone been doing match making with Physics guy and paula puke.

Comment

Definitely looks like a good one. I almost hate liking this show, knowing what its probable fate is.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It took the first 3 episodes of trying to figure out where I'd seen that dude before to realize Donner was in Office Space.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Just notice that I will hopefully be able to watch defying gravity a whole 2 days earlier thanks to Canada CTV, {mod snip}

Just a question is them moving it from a Sunday to a Friday night consider a good or bad sign for a show in Canada. Also wondering if this could have a negative effect on ABC ratings on Sunday.
                                Last edited by knowles2; 28 August 2009, 09:54 AM. Reason: discussing illegal downloading

Comment

Working...
                                X