Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Smith says HANCOCK 2 is “definitely” happening…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just really liked Will Smith in this movie. That is why the prospect of a sequel sits just fine with me.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i rewatched this (extended version) last night on dvd, and i have to say, not only is it a great film, but it's better on the second viewing
      Spoiler:
      knowing charlize's character is that same as hancock, you understand her motivations more
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

I was absolutely shocked to hear talk of a sequal, I thought this movie was so bad they would merely let it fade away so we could all forget it. They are looking merely at the box office receipts without actually gauging whether people liked this movie. I can not think of a single person I know who thought this was NOT a very dull film.

Simply pathetic that films this bad get sequals, while so many excellent concepts never get made.

Comment

Hancock director offers up sequel spoilers

Peter Berg, director of the superhero movie Hancock, has some ideas for a sequel if one ever comes to pass, and he shared his ideas with SCI FI Wire. (Spoilers ahead!)

continues:
          http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/hancock...r-offers-u.php

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
            I am of the opposite opinion. I thought it was quite average to start with, then got better after the twist. More darker.

I'd like to see a prequel if anything. Back in the time when there was more of their kind.
            same here

and watching the movie a second time, when you already know the twist from the beginning makes it a lot better.

Comment

Gotta love all the original ideas coming out of Hollywood these days. I don't think we need a Hancock 2 and definitely don't need I Am Legend 2.
              sigpic

Comment

Um, maybe I'm completely clueless. But was is Oldboy? Never heard of it.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Um, maybe I'm completely clueless. But was is Oldboy? Never heard of it.
                  Oldboy (Hangul: ????, the phonetic transliteration of "old boy") is a 2003 South Korean film directed by Park Chan-wook. It is loosely based on the Japanese manga of the same name written by Nobuaki Minegishi and Garon Tsuchiya. Oldboy is the second installment of The Vengeance Trilogy, preceded by Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and followed by Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. The film follows the story of one Oh Dae-Su, who is locked in a hotel room for 15 years without knowing his captor's motives. When he is finally released, Dae Su finds himself still trapped in a web of conspiracy and violence. His own quest for vengeance becomes tied in with romance when he falls for an attractive sushi chef.

The film won the Grand Prix at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival and high praise from the President of the Jury, director Quentin Tarantino. Critically, the movie has been well received in the United States, with an 81% "Certified Fresh" rating at Rottentomatoes.com.[2] Film critic Roger Ebert has claimed Oldboy to be a "...powerful film not because of what it depicts, but because of the depths of the human heart which it strips bare".[3] In 2008, voters on CNN named it one of the ten best Asian films ever made.[4]

Wiki
                  Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Hancock director offers up sequel spoilers

Peter Berg, director of the superhero movie Hancock, has some ideas for a sequel if one ever comes to pass, and he shared his ideas with SCI FI Wire. (Spoilers ahead!)

continues:
                    http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/hancock...r-offers-u.php
                    I am all for a sequel.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hancock sequel writers hired

Columbia has hired Adam Fierro and Glen Mazzara to write Hancock 2, the sequel to the Will Smith superhero movie, which grossed $624 million worldwide last year, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, though the writers will reportedly work with Smith and director Peter Berg to build on the world hinted at in the first movie

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/hancock...writers-hi.php

Comment

I am glad to hear this appears to be moving forward.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I am glad to hear this appears to be moving forward.

I am too. Considering Superhero movies are pretty much all the big blockbusters we've had for the past few years and the next few years to come, it's good to have a Superhero movie such a Hancock which is at times completely opposite to what we'd expect. Homeless, drunk, a walking and often flying disaster zone and pretty much trying his best but ultimately pissing people off in doing so. I'm looking forward to a sequel

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see what challenges lie ahead for him in this next film.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hancock was an okay film, not great. It did have some cool moments.
                              I did like the character when he was more of an a-hole though.

An origin story would be nice, not a full-on origin tale, but more like Hancock remembering stuff from the past and a villian from said past with similar abilities but not of the same.........whatever Hancock is.

As for old boy, I wish Hollywood would leave Asian cinema alone and come up with something original!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                Gotta love all the original ideas coming out of Hollywood these days. I don't think we need a Hancock 2 and definitely don't need I Am Legend 2.
                                Amen brother/sister. Neither of these movies require or deserve a sequel. Especially Hancock which I found just utterly idiotic, and went completely off the rails after the first half hour or so.

Make a list of the any ten remakes at random, then make a list of some of the biggest movies (both critical and box office combined). Now look at those two lists, and look at how many remakes are on that list? Zero! There are some exceptions where sequels have improved somewhat in the story arc, but that is a rare one. Enough of these BS remakes, redos, reimages, and sequels. Give us some god damn original movies for once, ones that do not insult those of us with more than two brain cells (a la Transformers and GI Joe).

Comment

Working...
                                X