No announcement yet.

The Chronicles of Narnia General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite book would be a tie between LWW and Horse and His Boy, with Dawn Treader missing out by a very small inch. Does it say something about me that my three favorite books are the ones with the most Edmund in them? Probably...

And if anyone is interested, I have, well, a lot of Narnia fic at ff.net here
    *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
    *~*
    sigpic
    *~*
    photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Thanks for think lirenel! I'll try to wander over and read some.

Been on a banner making kick as of late, and made a Narnia one:

Comment

Anybody up for a game? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=60203

Comment

Saw the 2nd film the other day.

Wasn't that impressed. Far to long. Not as good as the first imo.
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

It sounds like they pushed back filming on Voyage of the Dawn Treader again. It's frustrating, I want to see it! Plus it makes me worried that they'll just push it back until the cancel it or something.
            *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
            *~*
            sigpic
            *~*
            photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

I heard something about VoTDT being pushed back. I know that they pushed back the release date of it so it won't conflict with Iron Man2 release.

Comment

That was probably a very smart idea, seeing as how Iron Man had the best box office release this year up until The Dark Knight came out.

Comment

Ha!!! Amazon is awesome. I JUST got my Prince Caspian DVD in the mail! A whole 3 days before it's US release!!!

Excuse my while I go be a fangirl . . . .

Comment

Not a happy fangirl.

From www.spareoom.net

I've waited on posting this because I really didn't want to ruin anyone's Christmas if I possibly could help it. But the holidays are now over, and it's time to face the facts.

On Christmas Eve, we received the news that Disney had declined to produce anymore Narnia films, effectively ending the franchise. Walden Media still is committed to the series, and is currently shopping around for a new distributor, but it's still a crushing blow to the series, and to Narnia fans everywhere.

What does this mean? Well, VodT is now on hold indefinitely. One can only hope that a new distributor will have faith in the series and decide to pick up VodT with the intention of not only completing that film, but making the remaining three, but one can only sit back and wait. With the way the economy is, it's not very promising. If Disney, one of the biggest powerhouses in the entertainment industry does not have enough faith to finish what they started, who else will?

Anyway, I will keep you all updated as I learn more. For now, nothing has changed as far as Spareoom.net is concerned. Never fear, I am still dedicated to this site, and I hope to continue it indefinitely, whether any more Narnia films are made or not.

Further up and further in,

~ Lisa
                    Webmaster of Spareoom.net

Comment

that's just depressing

i bought the movies for my niece, the bbc versions for her to watch when she's younger and the new versions for later on since, even though they are rated pg, they're still pretty violent

disney is greedy. they made their money back with a nice profit.

I would love to see all of these put on the screen
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've seen the cartoon of the first book and the, I think bbc did it, mini series of the first 3 books. I don't remember a lot of the books, but I think I liked the first 1 of the Lion, the Witch best. I Don't remember if I liked the 2nd, third, or A Horse & His Boy second best, which one third ect.

Comment

Oh, man. I'm so bummed they aren't making the rest of the books in to movies. The Chronicles of Narnia is one of my favorite series of books ever. I kind of wish Prince Caspian had been a better adaptation, but when you consider all the blockbusters that came out this summer, Prince Caspian did very well. Disney was stoked at how much money LWW made; Prince Caspian didn't make all that much less money. *sigh* Well, I hope Skandar Keynes will do some other movies because he's such a talent.
                          Last edited by Iawen; 29 December 2008, 11:14 PM. Reason: correcting an html typo
                          sigpic
                          Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                          I'm a 60%er!
                          ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I hope they do make the others. It would be nice indeed.

I wonder how the new versions are compared to the bbc versions of the first 2 movies.

Comment

iirc, the bbc versions are a bit more cartoonish and 'tame' compared to the disney ones.

there was no blood in the movie, but there was some very real violence and a couple of scary moments.

right now, i'd consider the bbc version for the preschoolers amongst us, while the disney version are for 3rd grade and up.

at least that's how i'm remembering things
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

From www.Narniaweb.com

Studios Expressing Interest in Narnia
                                Posted Jan 19, 2009 1:49 PM by glumPuddle – 5,394 Views 116 Comments Send to a Friend

It is a rather uncomfortable time for Narnia fans right now as Walden Media continues its search for a studio to distribute "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." Many fans have expressed concern that the franchise cannot survive without Walt Disney Pictures even though Walden Media is still committed to it.

A new blog post from the Los Angeles Times shines a ray of hope into the land of Narnia.

The blog claims to have the "secret history" of why Disney backed out, and ends by saying that a few major studios (Fox, Sony, Warners) have expressed interest in picking up 'Dawn Treader,' and Walden Media could announce a new deal as early as later this week. You can view the article here. I'd recommend reading the entire thing, but here are some of the highlights:

• PC cost $225m to produce and $175m to market
                                • After LWW hit theaters, Phil Anschutz demanded that Disney either give back a sizable chunk of its distribution fee or he would distribute the Narnia series on his own. Disney complied. But after PC grossed less than expected, Disney decided to back out.
                                • Disney wanted a Summer release for PC because they saw that it was an edgier, more youth-oriented film and wanted to go for teenagers as well as well as families.
                                • Walden could announce a new deal as early as later this week.
                                • 20th Century Fox is interested, having seriously considered acquiring the movie rights to Narnia even before Walden originally landed the franchise. Sony and Warner Bros. have also expressed interest.
                                • Walden has been aiming for a $140m budget for VDT.

Comment

Working...
                                X