• Show
Clear All

Syd Mead explains the evolution of the Tron light cycle

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/syd-mea...ns-the-evo.php

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Syd Mead explains the evolution of the Tron light cycle

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/syd-mea...ns-the-evo.php

I lvoe the light cycles both old and new but agree with comments on that board. They should have kept the right angle turns as that was part of the magic of Tron.......

But looking at the bikes I wonder if that kind of reclining shape would work for a real bike?

Ok I'm off to watch Wedlocked + Wing Commander
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Disney to release 'Tron' against 'Hornet'

Disney has set a December 17, 2010 release date for Tron Legacy, putting it in direct competition with Sony's The Green Hornet.

The Seth Rogen superhero movie, which is currently in production, was pushed from a summer 2010 slot this week by the studio.

Sony's 3D Smurfs movie is also scheduled to open on the same day, although the studio is likely to shift the date to avoid competition with its own Green Hornet and Warner Bros animation Yogi Bear, reports Variety.

Tron Legacy, a continuation of Disney's visual effects-pioneering 1982 film, will see original star Jeff Bridges joined by Garrett Hedlund, Michael Sheen and Olivia Wilde.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...st-hornet.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          Disney to release 'Tron' against 'Hornet'

Disney has set a December 17, 2010 release date for Tron Legacy, putting it in direct competition with Sony's The Green Hornet.

The Seth Rogen superhero movie, which is currently in production, was pushed from a summer 2010 slot this week by the studio.

Sony's 3D Smurfs movie is also scheduled to open on the same day, although the studio is likely to shift the date to avoid competition with its own Green Hornet and Warner Bros animation Yogi Bear, reports Variety.

Tron Legacy, a continuation of Disney's visual effects-pioneering 1982 film, will see original star Jeff Bridges joined by Garrett Hedlund, Michael Sheen and Olivia Wilde.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...st-hornet.html

OH wow Thirteen is in this movie..... You know ever since Star Trek she's gotten a lot of movie work

Comment

New Tron Legacy Poster and Image!

Walt Disney Pictures has released a new photo and poster for Tron Legacy which you can check out at:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61529

Comment

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Disney is going to blow my mind in 2010.

Comment

I'm excited for the new Tron movie.

Comment

Originally posted by desh View Post
                  http://www.gilbertboxleitner.com/news.html

Will Bruce Boxleitner be reprising his role as Tron or is this just a cameo as Alan Bradley?
                  Jeff Bridges returns as the heroic and iconic Kevin Flynn, as well as Bruce Boxleitner as Alan Bradley/Tron!

Even though the original Tron movie wasn't all that good, I was a fan of it nonetheless, I love the concept. I found it far more fascinating than The Matrix with all its gratuitous violence. And who can forget the legendary Flynn, the computer programer genius?

I'm thrilled that in the latest craze with Hollywood remakes now-a-days, the producers of Tron have decided to break with that formula and do a continuation instead, and that is refreshing to see.

There are six screenwriters for this film: Lee Sternthal, Steven Lisberger, the previous director to the original returns as one of the screenwriters and producers, writer and actor Brian Klugman (who is the nephew of legendary actor Jack Klugman), Richard Jefferies, and Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz who wrote episodes for Lost. After 28 years, I am confident that the writers have come up with a very good story so I have high hopes for this one. Bring it on, baby!
                  Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

I'm still excited for this. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Agreed!
                      Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

Its hard to believe a sequel is actually coming. The first being such a achievement in CGI.

Comment

I lvoe the light cycles both old and new but agree with comments on that board. They should have kept the right angle turns as that was part of the magic of Tron.......

the bikes turned normally after they escape the arena in tron, they also lost the 'trail' but lets not quibble
                          sigpic
                          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Something I never thought of till now.

In the original Flynn is sucked into the computer, and in the new movie an older flynn is again sucked somehow into the computer.

Just how much memory space is needed to store a person seeing as they're not a program?

Comment

Just how much memory space is needed to store a person seeing as they're not a program?
                              an estimate based on computing when tron was made...................... 32k
                              sigpic
                              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                              -Liberty Prime

Comment

New Legacy Trailer

http://kalibreonline.com/2010/03/24/...egacy-trailer/

Comment

Working...
                                X