This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longhorn21 View Post
    She said that to get more publicity. I went back and read them all and it didn't make sense.
    My ex-girlfriend Saw it before Rowling announced it. And after she said it and I read the last book it seemed to make a lot of sense.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      My ex-girlfriend Saw it before Rowling announced it. And after she said it and I read the last book it seemed to make a lot of sense.
      Well... I'm (personally, this is my opinion) against homosexuality,so I've been reading these books since I was 4, it's hard hearing that one of your childhood heroes was gay.
      Sphere…planet. Label…name.
      Following…still…you…not!

Comment

I had some vague suspicions while reading the last book as well, and I agree that it makes perfect sense. And Rowling certainly does not need to make "publicity stunts", nor does she seem the type to do so.

Comment

She said that to get more publicity. I went back and read them all and it didn't make sense.
          What didn't make sense? I can't remember any mention of his love life at all, though I could be wrong. And I doubt it was for publicity, it's not like she or the books have been lacking it...

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            gandalf would pwn dumbledore
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Dumbledore without even breaking a sweat.

The Harry Potter books no more childish than Tolkien's, if anything they're less so. LOTR is a masterpiece of escapism, but character wise it's pretty shallow and his books never tackle anything even remotely adult.
                you =

Comment

I'm trying SO hard to keep from saying something particularly, well... perverted.

As for Dumbledore, I didn't see him as gay until it was pointed out, then reading the seventh book I saw it. But I didn't see it in any of the other books, in fact, I kind of thought McGonaggal and him were secret lovers. Six years of subtle hints, then Grindelwald.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think she intended him to be gay. Until the last book it wasn't even hinted at, I think she did it for the money because people would buy all 7 books to look for clues that aren't even there most of the time (only the 7th book really has them).

If i'm wrong can someone point out where in the first 6 books that they give hints to it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                      you =
                      Surprise surprise, in the face of a reasoned argument Morbo goes into baby mode. Why is it that every time someone posts something you don't agree with you inevitably regress?

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                      Yeah, I don't think she intended him to be gay. Until the last book it wasn't even hinted at, I think she did it for the money because people would buy all 7 books to look for clues that aren't even there most of the time (only the 7th book really has them).

If i'm wrong can someone point out where in the first 6 books that they give hints to it.
                      Are there any hints in any of the books that he's straight?

Comment

Well... I'm (personally, this is my opinion) against homosexuality,so I've been reading these books since I was 4, it's hard hearing that one of your childhood heroes was gay.
                        Yeah, it sucks when you have to start hating someone because of something that you never see and is so subtlety alluded to that hardly anyone noticed it until the author mentioned it.

Comment

I have a hard time picking out which part of this post is the most absurd....
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Rowling said it. It must be true. She created the character afterall. And it all makes sense now...........................
                            What made it interesting was that nobody noticed enough to ask the question aloud.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Surprise surprise, in the face of a reasoned argument Morbo goes into baby mode. Why is it that every time someone posts something you don't agree with you inevitably regress?

Are there any hints in any of the books that he's straight?

Are there any real hints that he's gay?? (besides the last book) Just because he has a friend that's a guy, doesn't mean he is gay with him. Everyone knows that she did it for the publicity and most people (like me) will never really accept that he is, it kinda ruins the whole point of him being a positive role model for Harry.
                              sigpic

Comment

Or you lack gaydar.
                                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                                Caboose: They could be worse?
                                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X