Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one for the original Star Wars trilogy.

And 12 Monkeys. Definitely 12 Monkeys.
    And coming to think about it, 5th Element.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

So many for The Fifth Element? I was quite underwhelmed by that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        So many for The Fifth Element? I was quite underwhelmed by that movie.
        How so?
        sigpic

Comment

Don't avoid Starship Troopers! Is it cheesy? Yes. Is it corny? Yes. But it does have a very serious message and goes about it in a very tongue-in-cheek manner thus the cheesiness and the corniness, so give it a shot. At the very least, if you don't appreciate the message, you'll enjoy the action and visual goodies.
          "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

TRON

Not a soul said Tron. I love that film.

But I also must give a nod of love to BARBARELLA (my username sake--she's like the coolest), WAR GAMES, STRANGE DAYS, AND V (mainly because it was named after me).

P.S. I like majority of the films mentioned above. Seen them all and though they were great, these are just my added films that were not included in some of the lists above.
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I would also suggest you to watch
              - The Butterfly Effect (2004) and
              - The Lost Room (2006) -it isn't too long although it's a miniseries not a movie
              also:
              - Dune (1984 movie or 2000 miniseries but then include Children Of Dune miniseries too)
              - Constantine (2005) - I don't know why it's sci-fi to me as it probably isn't but it is a great movie anyway
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                TRON

Not a soul said Tron. I love that film.
                Read again. I did.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
                  I just saw event horrizen. I movie i read about online. It seemed more horro then scifi. Being new to scifi can you guys give me any ideas on some scifi worth seeing? From th 70's till now? I have seen all the star trek movies but the very last one. ANd flash Gorden.

Comment

Originally posted by BJdavidLS View Post
                    I would also suggest you to watch
                    - The Butterfly Effect (2004) and
                    - The Lost Room (2006) -it isn't too long although it's a miniseries not a movie
                    also:
                    - Dune (1984 movie or 2000 miniseries but then include Children Of Dune miniseries too)
                    - Constantine (2005) - I don't know why it's sci-fi to me as it probably isn't but it is a great movie anyway
                    Eh. I would suggest reading the books over watching the films. It's impossible to showcase the richness of the literary landscape that Herbert creates, in a movie.

Also...are we including some anime in the discussion of SF films? 'Cause if that's the case, then there are some really good ones worth seeing.
                    sigpic

Comment

wow! thanks everyone. All I can find for titan ae is a cartoon. Pitch black was awesome just watched it. I love all three matrix movies. I have dune to watch tonight. The list is great. I can't believe I missed pitch black!! I saw two others in the series I will have to get as well. Anymore let me know! THANKS!!!

Comment

wow! thanks everyone. All I can find for titan ae is a cartoon. Pitch black was awesome just watched it. I love all three matrix movies. I have dune to watch tonight. The list is great. I can't believe I missed pitch black!! I saw two others in the series I will have to get as well. Anymore let me know! THANKS!!!
                        Titan AE is only animated. It's good though. You should take a peek.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BJdavidLS View Post
                          Excellent excellent excellent suggestion. Peter Krause + sci-fi = can do no wrong.
                          Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                          Titan AE is only animated. It's good though. You should take a peek.
                          Love that movie! Joss Whedony-goodness.

Comment

Short list...my brain's gone numb!

Oldies but goodies...

Dark Star
                            Day of the Triffids
                            The Quatermass Experiment
                            Soylent Green

Newer stuff:

The Andromeda Strain
                            Alien
                            Children of Men
                            War of teh Worlds (despite Tom Cruise being in it)
                            Serenity
                            sigpic
                            My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                              Eh. I would suggest reading the books over watching the films. It's impossible to showcase the richness of the literary landscape that Herbert creates, in a movie.

Also...are we including some anime in the discussion of SF films? 'Cause if that's the case, then there are some really good ones worth seeing.
                              i loved the movie and first miniseries, and the first book is great, but i tried reading the sequals and couldn't even finish CoD it got soo boring!!
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Pitch black was awesome just watched it.
                                I now will no longer take anything in this thread seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X