X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
    Spoiler:
    I just want to see if Edward and Bella "do it" and I want to know more about the warewolves
    All through the third book I'm thinking "Just get it over with already so we can move on!" And then at the end I'm like "Bella you inconsistent idiot!" The girl has no sense of reasoning.

I mean really. Given that
    Spoiler:
    Edward had killed a lot of people already, having sex before marriage really SHOULDN'T rate next to that if he's worried about his "soul".

Because yes, Edward, after all those murders you'll be denied "heaven" just because you had sex with your girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by major Clanger View Post
      and I Want More Of Edward's Cold Marble Lips... Hehe

Lol!!

ETA: Hey! What's the deal? I tried to type Lol in all caps and it keeps changing it--is that something new?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        All through the third book I'm thinking "Just get it over with already so we can move on!" And then at the end I'm like "Bella you inconsistent idiot!" The girl has no sense of reasoning.
        Well, she is a teenage girl....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

I mean really. Given that
          Spoiler:
          Edward had killed a lot of people already, having sex before marriage really SHOULDN'T rate next to that if he's worried about his "soul".

Because yes, Edward, after all those murders you'll be denied "heaven" just because you had sex with your girlfriend.

But
          Spoiler:
          How many people has he killed? We haven't really had much of his history, have we? All that "soul" stuff gets on my nerves. Anyway, my point: maybe it's because in America sex is the massive taboo it is, whereas guns & killing seem to be part and parcel of life?

So... anyway, what are we thinking about the casting of the film? The actress who plays Bella annoys me because her face always looks so sulky. No arguments with Edward, Emmet and Jacob.
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

But
            Spoiler:
            How many people has he killed? We haven't really had much of his history, have we? All that "soul" stuff gets on my nerves. Anyway, my point: maybe it's because in America sex is the massive taboo it is, whereas guns & killing seem to be part and parcel of life?

So... anyway, what are we thinking about the casting of the film? The actress who plays Bella annoys me because her face always looks so sulky. No arguments with Edward, Emmet and Jacob.
            *sits Major Clanger down with the book* Take a look again, Bella is sulky m'dear. To the greatest degree possible.

Absolutely agree on that bolded point.
            Spoiler:
            I saw a number like 44 somewhere, but I can't remember where; it might have been in the "re-cap" so it could have been an exaggeration. But that's another thing about the books. In this case they're basically saying that your soul might be safe if you killed all these people, but you have sex before marriage no fluffy white heavenly clouds for you!
            I find that reasoning rather disturbing.

Comment

*pats MC on her pink furry head* I haven't read the books and even I know Bella is the epitome of pouty sulkiness. Or possibly sulky poutiness.

And Trek Girl, most if not ALL of the "reasoning" in those books seems to be pretty damn disturbing.

When someone does see the movie I wanna know if the vampies SPARKLE. Might at least catch the DVD so I can fast forward through all the non-sparkly bits.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                When someone does see the movie I wanna know if the vampies SPARKLE. Might at least catch the DVD so I can fast forward through all the non-sparkly bits.
                I'm actually planning on taking a friend of mine when it comes out. (She borrowed my copy of Twilight and loved it.) Those vampires better sparkle like a little girl's art project. (Though I heard somewhere that they weren't going to do the sparkly vamps. I guess we'll see when the movie comes out.)

Comment

I don't know--I was pretty disappointed with the choice for Edward. He's not at all what I thought Edward would look like. The actress playing Bella seems okay. I haven't heard about Emmet and Jacob....

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                    I'm actually planning on taking a friend of mine when it comes out. (She borrowed my copy of Twilight and loved it.) Those vampires better sparkle like a little girl's art project. (Though I heard somewhere that they weren't going to do the sparkly vamps. I guess we'll see when the movie comes out.)
                    Noooooo! They must sparkle! If they sparkle I'll watch it on DVD. (borrowed from the library, not paying to see it. )

Comment

Oh man, if they don't sparkle the makers of the film had better worry how the phrase "disappointed clanger" translates into a disturbing stalkerish real-life.

OK, Bella is sulky. But... I still don't like the actress. I guess I skip over most of the Bella bits in favour of seeing how cold marble-like Edward is doing on his self control.

I'm reading a beautiful novel at the moment, but right after I'm doing all the Twilights again. I really have to know how many people Edward has killed.

As for the actor: well, I quite like square-jawed, high-cheekboned posh-sounding (in his natural voice) young men. The prettier the better. Anyone who knows who I've previously lusted after (and this one makes me very uncomfortable, he's young enough not even to be my oldest son) will have seen this one coming a mile off.

But now I'm getting worried about sparkly. That really misses a lot of the point, doesn't it?

sigpic

Comment

There was a thing about the movie on today's hypaspace weekly- and they dared to compare Bella to Spiderman. Really. So wrong.

No word on sparkle motion (thought the movie title card did indeed sparkle. blue. ). Stephenie Meyer just talked lots on how innocent Bella and Edward are, etc.

Comment

I read the 3 books. Was very disturbed by Bella's attachment to Edward. I kept thinking there was a spell on her or something. It's very "fluff" writing. Doesn't take long to read. Probably won't pay to see the movie though. I like vampire movies but I'm thinking it's going to be very much about the book.

I am interested in the Lost Boys new movie. I remember the first one way back in the 80's? I think with the two Corey boys. Looks like they were able to get Corey Feldman to come back for the movie.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I've read the first book and I was hooked. Vamps + Werewolves = Awesome usually. And this was much better than I expected. I was expecting it to be very bad, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'm also looking forward to the movie this December. Robert pattinson's playing edward. He's gonna be good.
                            Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                            "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                            sigpic
                            dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Oh the Lost Boys was a really cool movie - I'll definitely go for a sequel to that.

sigpic

Comment

There was a thing about the movie on today's hypaspace weekly- and they dared to compare Bella to Spiderman. Really. So wrong.

No word on sparkle motion (thought the movie title card did indeed sparkle. blue. ). Stephenie Meyer just talked lots on how innocent Bella and Edward are, etc.
                                Of all the two characters to compare- no. Bella and Edward sort of remind me of Romeo and Juliet, but not in a good way.

One of the communities on LJ uses sparkly text on all of their Twilight themed posts. (It's for celeb news/gossip, and when Twilight was filming, the sparkly text showed up a lot.)

Comment

Working...
                                X