Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it. Am I the only one who though of Animorphs when he shapeshifted?
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Dahak
      You do realize that she is getting paid for this and signed a contract don't you? It's not like Sci-Fi channel forced her to do this. She agreed and for whatever reason isn't a part of film process. It could be because she is pretty old and didn't want to deal with this. Or maybe she didn't want to get involved with all the Hollywood B.S. Or maybe the studio didn't want to either pay her enough or wanted to do it their own way. But LeGuinn did sign a contract and it doesn't sound like she feels she got ripped off.
      Is she? Source? No offense, but you'll excuse me if I don't take your word for it. Obviously she had to sign some kind of permission for them to do the miniseries because it's a copyrighted work...that doesn't detract from anything I said.

Comment

As someone pointed out in another discussion forum, her letter doesn't say when or what the situation was with signing the rights over. She would have been paid for the rights, and she's probably making money off of this. No one handed SciFi a script with her blessing for nothing.
        A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
          I liked it. Am I the only one who though of Animorphs when he shapeshifted?

lol, from the animorph series on nickelodeon? i didnt watch the show but the books were awesome. hmm, the enemy was an alien race who crawled into peoples brains and used them as slaves. (where have i heard that before, *cough, cough*) yea, and there was the token alien in the group (hmm, this sounds familiar)

also, i caught the AT cameo, (all 4 words of it)

Comment

I watched the first half last night. I thought it was ok. I'm waiting to see what tonight's installment is going to be like.

Comment

They really weren't kidding when they said that Amanda Tapping only had a brief cameo. Blink and you'll miss her. I'm really surpised that her name even showed up in the opening credits. But from the half second of her that I saw she looked really beautiful. Although, I'm still not certain entirely what happened with that scene. I've never read the books. The Lady Elfarren person wasn't actually evil right? She wasn't one of the Nameless ones? Or was she? Oy, my head hurts.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by farstrider
                Is she? Source? No offense, but you'll excuse me if I don't take your word for it. Obviously she had to sign some kind of permission for them to do the miniseries because it's a copyrighted work...that doesn't detract from anything I said.
                it is possible she didn't give permission to make a movie. if her publisher owns the writes they can sign for it. I don't know who owns the writes.

I watched it last night and i didn't think it was the good. I read the books about a year ago. I just don't like it when they change thinks as they make a movie out of it. that is the same reson i did't like the lord of the rings all the much(there good if you forget the boks excist)
                -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  They really weren't kidding when they said that Amanda Tapping only had a brief cameo. Blink and you'll miss her. I'm really surpised that her name even showed up in the opening credits. But from the half second of her that I saw she looked really beautiful. Although, I'm still not certain entirely what happened with that scene. I've never read the books. The Lady Elfarren person wasn't actually evil right? She wasn't one of the Nameless ones? Or was she? Oy, my head hurts.
                  yea i was watching the tv from across the room, the only way i recognized her was by her voice.

Also, i think that Lady Elfarren was good, and he just messed up and rose a nameless one instead, 'cause she cried out, "what r u doing?", but im not sure, i didnt read the books.

Comment

AT's costume was awesome during the split second cameo. I liked how her name was listed before Danny Glover in the credits...

No, she's not evil... I thought she actually said more than 4 words in the books, though I could be wrong since I haven't read them since I was 12. I asked for them for Crispmas though. I don't think the show.. movie thing follows the book that well, I could be wrong though.
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

Comment

Yes... amanda Tapping was in the movie. For an instant. Blink and you will miss her. She appeared when about half-way through when Geb raised that Lady (sorry, forgot her name) from the dead, and she appeared briefly. (Major emphasis on the word briefly).

Comment

I haven't seen the miniseries yet...since i dont' have cable But I'm reading the books at the moment.

And Lady Elfarren was not evil...she was just a spirit he summoned and along with summoning Lady Elfarren the evil thing came out with her.

In the books she didn't even say a word at all...she just appeared for a second looking "beautiful, and sorrowful, and full of fear" and poof!

But from the clips i've seen Amanda's costume was gorgeous!
                        ~Athena

Comment

Was Lady Elfarren the one who broke the whatsit in the first place? Or am I mixing up my names again? Not like I paid terribly close attention (although I think I did spot Peter Williams). If she IS, then there's something hinky about Ged being able to summon her spirit... How does the old lady from Ged's town fit into things?

Did anyone else catch the slip the Mother Figure made? She mentioned how her "successors" had done such and such in the past. Shouldn't that have been predecessors? Successors come after...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Was Lady Elfarren the one who broke the whatsit in the first place? Or am I mixing up my names again? Not like I paid terribly close attention (although I think I did spot Peter Williams). If she IS, then there's something hinky about Ged being able to summon her spirit... How does the old lady from Ged's town fit into things?
                            Are you referring to that old lady that Ged was asking for spell (i think asking) to fend off the invaders? If you are, i am wondering the samething. What i don't get is how that powerful magus was [killed], well maybe he was just too slow...
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I was beginning to think I was losing my mind...again. I had to come here to find out just where A T appeared in the movie. I watched it twice and still missed her. She really shoud have only been listed as a cameo. Thanks for being so attentive, folks. I new I could count on you.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                                I was beginning to think I was losing my mind...again. I had to come here to find out just where A T appeared in the movie. I watched it twice and still missed her. She really shoud have only been listed as a cameo. Thanks for being so attentive, folks. I new I could count on you.
                                Easy way to find it: I put my VCR on pause and then you can go through it frame by frame... and it's still hard to find. I couldn't tell it was her until they did the quarter of a second close up.

Comment

Working...
                                X