Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why everyone seems to think the Aliens and Predators in AVP2 have to be the same as they were in the first one. Do you remember at the end of AVP, when they were leaving Earth in the space ship? The dead Predator was lying alone in the front of the ship. And then an Alien popped out of it? Well that Alien was changed. It had the "mouth" of a Predator. So it must have been some hybrid between the Aliens and the Predators. A whole new class of Alien. Something we have never seen before. So the actions of the new Aliens and Predators might be a direct result of that.

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
      I don't understand why everyone seems to think the Aliens and Predators in AVP2 have to be the same as they were in the first one. Do you remember at the end of AVP, when they were leaving Earth in the space ship? The dead Predator was lying alone in the front of the ship. And then an Alien popped out of it? Well that Alien was changed. It had the "mouth" of a Predator. So it must have been some hybrid between the Aliens and the Predators. A whole new class of Alien. Something we have never seen before. So the actions of the new Aliens and Predators might be a direct result of that.

~Dave
      Good point. It'l be interesting to see where they take it. Hopefully it's one of those sequels that end up being better than the first.

Still, whatever teh case may be, I'll be there to see it. Got to love them Alien films!!!
      sigpic

Comment

UPDATE:two more stargate actors are to appear in AVP-R Tom McBeath and Ryan Robbins
        4 easy steps how to make people hate you
        Spoiler:
        Ignore them
        Spoiler:
        talk bad about them behind their backs
        Spoiler:
        Use lots of spoiler tags
        Spoiler:
        Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

the movie was utter trash. easily one of the worst movies of the yr

Comment

This is deffinatly the best movie of 2007 i have seen.

Only regreat its just 85 minutes long. Should have made it a good 2 hours.
            We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

As a huge fan of both franchises, and a fan of crossovers in general when they're done right, I loved it.
              This time... it's war!

Comment

I wounder though. What if that spaceship crash-landed somewhere else but US.
                Civilians wouldnt have guns. Military wouldnt have reacted this fast, if it would have reacted at all.
                Even thouse Space-marines from the future (" Aliens " movie), armed to there teeth with new weapons. lost to few dusend aliens.
                We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Felt it was a real disappointment. They basically ripped off everything from the previous movies with no attempt at originality. It was too dark to see anything, they did some grotesque scenes for the sake of being gory and the characters had zero personality and likability. In fact the closest one to being likable got killed off.

I've been a fan of the movies for over 20 years and read all the books. There was plenty of material they could have worked with but instead scrapped it for this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                    Felt it was a real disappointment. They basically ripped off everything from the previous movies with no attempt at originality. It was too dark to see anything, they did some grotesque scenes for the sake of being gory and the characters had zero personality and likability. In fact the closest one to being likable got killed off.

I've been a fan of the movies for over 20 years and read all the books. There was plenty of material they could have worked with but instead scrapped it for this mess.
                    Yea, it was abit darker then usual. But nothing a DVD version cant fix.
                    Also the whole: Simple town folk getting slaughtered by aliens is kind of cheesy.
                    I get the point when Space marines aremed to there teeth, geting there butts kicked in 1986 version - thats kind of exciting to watch. But helpless citizens getting rip apart and at the end the smart US military mini-Nuking the whole town instead of helping, thats just cheesy wrighting.

Comment

Yeah, the movie wasn't the greatest. But, it did have it's moments. I'll probably still end up buying it when it comes out.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X