X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    sept's only two weeks away

And it may be a graphic novel, not a 'real' novel. I jsut shortened it cause i was too lazy to type it out
    More like four weeks but now probably more like three... But who's counting?

I'd love to see it... it looks quite lovely and whimsical.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      Ta... I asked only because my local library will probably not have graphic novels lying around the shelves.
      Sounds lovely though.
      You should check with them- a lot of libraries are starting to buy graphic novels- mine has quite an excellent collection, but they're quite popular, so I usually end up having to put requests for them, rather than finding them on the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Stardust was the first thing by him that I read (I think I just picked it out off the shelf at the library one day), and I absolutely loved it right from the beginning, but as you say about American Gods.....that book floored me, it's probably my favourite book that I've ever read, and automatically made him my favourite author. It is such a brilliant piece of work, and after that I was desperate to read everything else he's written.
        Yea, definately. I'm going to read 'Good Omens' next. Read the first page or two, sounds very interesting....
        sigpic

Comment

Good Omens is one of the five books on my "If you were stranded..." list.

Comment

Some nice little "Visit Stormhold" promo vids for the international release of Stardust:

http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/20...stormhold.html

Comment

I really enjoyed this movie (didn't even know it was a novel until I read this thread). I loved the fairy tale, adventure story! I thought the special effects were really cool as well. My eight year old loved it, though she did get scared in one part. I couldn't believe how well Michelle Pfeiffer played a bad witch!

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              You should check with them- a lot of libraries are starting to buy graphic novels- mine has quite an excellent collection, but they're quite popular, so I usually end up having to put requests for them, rather than finding them on the shelves.
              Our school library also has a graphic novel section. The librarians try to purchase things the students will check out and read, cause at least they're reading! LOL
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I enjoyed this movie very much. From the romantic side to the fantasy side of it. Robert DeNiro was excellent, and Claire Danes is always one of my favorite actresses, it's nice to see her in something again. Michelle Phifer did a great job too, I for one will buy this movie when it comes out, and it will stay in my DVD player for quite some time!

Comment

I LOVED it...
                  I've waited so long to see it and I really enjoyed every moment.

All these nice looking boys... sigh... Inspector Lynley included...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Just got to see the movie the other day. On the whole I really enjoyed but to be honest I don't like the way in which they portrayed the captains character. Adding that 'extra' dimension to the character was totally unneccessary and quite frankly derogatory, expecially for this day and age. That said, it was a very good adaptation of the book and I enjoyed the extra parts at the end

I did imagine the Stormhold Tower to be a lot taller thought....
                    sigpic

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing Stardust, haven't read the book, I usually read books after seeing the movie.
                      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I loved it.

I never read the book. I may now that I've read Deathly Hallows 3 times.

Like I said, I loved it all. I haven't thought of anything I hated about the film. It was a nice breath of fresh air. Of cousre, I laughed the hardest when Robert DiNero danced around.

I'm waiting impatiently for the DVD to get released . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                          I loved it.

I never read the book. I may now that I've read Deathly Hallows 3 times.

Like I said, I loved it all. I haven't thought of anything I hated about the film. It was a nice breath of fresh air. Of cousre, I laughed the hardest when Robert DiNero danced around.

I'm waiting impatiently for the DVD to get released . . .
                          Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                            Me too!
                            Me three!

Comment

I made a butt-load of icons a while back. I've fianlly found the time to post them. Enjoy and feel free to snurch!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                                I made a butt-load of icons a while back. I've fianlly found the time to post them. Enjoy and feel free to snurch!
                                Niiice!

BTW according to Amazon it looks like the DVD comes out January 1st. I know what the first thing I do next year will be.....

Comment

Working...
                                X