This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
    There's not going to be one. It's been confirmed several times.
    But it makes no sense without it!

... or with it!

:O

Comment

There's not going to be one. It's been confirmed several times.
      i know!!!

that doesn't change the fact i want there to be one, and as TP said, it doesn't really make sense without it. without it, there is no motive to kill the comedian. and without that, there is no film.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        i know!!!

that doesn't change the fact i want there to be one, and as TP said, it doesn't really make sense without it. without it, there is no motive to kill the comedian. and without that, there is no film.
        It may make sense, it may not. We won't know until the movie comes out. I have hope that despite the changes the movie will still be good. Different than the book, definitely, but still good.

Comment

Zack Snyder denies plans for Watchmen sequel

Now that the legal dispute over the ownership of the Watchmen movie has been settled, director Zack Snyder has revealed that he would not be willing to be involved with any sequel.

Speaking to The New York Times, Snyder noted that he didn't know how a sequel could be done, but if Warner Bros. "wanted to go and hire some guy to make them a sequel to Watchmen, I don’t know that they would get any of those actors to do it, and I know that I wouldn’t have anything to do with it."

He also indicated that the only way that he would be willing to participate in any follow-up to 300 would be if artist Frank Miller drew a graphic novel, "and people said, 'That’s pretty cool.' And I read it and said, 'You know what, Frank, that’s pretty cool. Maybe we’ll make this into a movie.'"

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/3060-zac...atchmen-sequel

Comment

WATCHMEN T.V. Spot!

Less than a month away now until we will be watching the WATCHMEN!

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...en-tv-spot.php

Comment

Morgan: We'll never see 'Watchmen 2'
              Monday, February 16 2009, 21:35 GMT

By Lara Martin

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has hinted that there will never be a sequel to forthcoming superhero movie Watchmen.

The actor plays The Comedian in the highly-anticipated blockbuster, which follows a group of vigilantes working in the Cold War period of 1985.

Speaking to Moviehole, he said: "We are all signed for sequels... but I’d say unless Alan Moore says he’s gonna write something, we’ll never see Watchmen 2.

"I doubt [director] Zach [Snyder] would do another and without him, I wouldn’t go back, and I can’t imagine any of the other actors would want to either."

He added: "I’d love to be a fly-on-the-wall in the meeting in which someone brings up a Watchmen sequel, especially if it happens with Zach around, because he won’t want any part of it. I think this is it; what you see, is what you get. It was always a oner for me."

Watchmen is released in the UK on March 6.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...atchmen-2.html

Comment

From all the previews I have seen, I am definitely looking forward to this movie more and more.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Set report: We watched the Watchmen become real

What if the universe of Watchmen really existed?

It did, at least for a while. In November of 2007, I was lucky enough to be one of a handful of reporters invited to the Canadian set of director Zack Snyder's movie adaptation of Watchmen. It was like walking into the panels of the graphic novel itself.

The book imagines an alternate-reality 1985 New York in which the existence of superheroes has dramatically altered history and the reality of our lives. The United States won the Vietnam War. Nixon is still president. Superheroes have been outlawed. New York is a cesspool of crime and poverty. And the world is on the brink of nuclear holocaust.

Snyder—the youthful, energetic helmer of 300, itself an adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel—succeeded in adapting the book, once considered "unfilmable," with screenwriter Alex Tse and got Warner Brothers to green-light its production. His goal: To make a faithful adaptation of the book that changed everything..........

Rest at the link:-
                  http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/set-rep...ecome-real.php

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Morgan: We'll never see 'Watchmen 2'
                    Monday, February 16 2009, 21:35 GMT

By Lara Martin

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has hinted that there will never be a sequel to forthcoming superhero movie Watchmen.

The actor plays The Comedian in the highly-anticipated blockbuster, which follows a group of vigilantes working in the Cold War period of 1985.

Speaking to Moviehole, he said: "We are all signed for sequels... but I’d say unless Alan Moore says he’s gonna write something, we’ll never see Watchmen 2.

"I doubt [director] Zach [Snyder] would do another and without him, I wouldn’t go back, and I can’t imagine any of the other actors would want to either."

He added: "I’d love to be a fly-on-the-wall in the meeting in which someone brings up a Watchmen sequel, especially if it happens with Zach around, because he won’t want any part of it. I think this is it; what you see, is what you get. It was always a oner for me."

Watchmen is released in the UK on March 6.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...atchmen-2.html
                    Even if WB somehow got the sequel idea in their head,
                    Spoiler:
                    it's not like we'd see the Comedian anyway. Unless the sequel is a zombie movie.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      it's not like we'd see the Comedian anyway. Unless the sequel is a zombie movie.
                      Very true.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:
                        lol
                        Spoiler:
                        we wouldn't see Rorschach or Dr. Manhatten either, and nite owl and silk spectre would be living undercover
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

News of WATCHMEN’s running time, Blu-Ray release and actual clips from film!

Collider have learnt the three different running times for WATCHMEN…

The theatrical cut we will see in just a matter of weeks will be 156 minutes long, just over 2 hours and a half in length.

The director’s cut, which will be found on the Blu-Ray and DVD release of the film will clock in at 156 minutes.

The director’s cut, which if you include the TALES OF THE BLACK FREIGHTER release (the animated short starring Gerard Butler which tells the famous side story in the graphic novel) will make the movie a massive 205 minutes long.

An epic LORD OF THE RINGS style picture. Can’t wait to see it.

In the U.K, this DVD set will be released on April 9th, just as WATCHMEN is starting to leave theatres. Remember, it will have the full story of the TALES FROM THE BLACK FREIGHTER which is not included in the theatrical release of the film…

Priced at £9.99 RRP on DVD and £14.99 RRP on Blu-ray Disc, both sets include the main feature (25mins) and special features (84mins). The DVD is presented in anamorphic widescreen with English DD5.1 Surround audio, while the Blu-ray is 1080P with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD audio. Extras include:

Under the Hood
                          Story Within a Story: The Books of Watchmen - How Tales of the Black Freighter and Under the Hood connect to and expand the world of Watchmen, with a unique analogy to the character arc of Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias
                          Watchmen Motion Comics: Chapter 1
                          A First Look at DC Universe’s animated Green Lantern
                          Zack Snyder has confirmed to CHUD, that the controversy over the appearance of the Squid at the end of WATCHMEN is no longer controversial because the Squid is in.

You can read up about that here (http://chud.com/articles/articles/18...ALL/Page1.html) but be wary of spoiler material.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...-from-film.php

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            News of WATCHMEN’s running time, Blu-Ray release and actual clips from film!

Collider have learnt the three different running times for WATCHMEN…

The theatrical cut we will see in just a matter of weeks will be 156 minutes long, just over 2 hours and a half in length.

The director’s cut, which will be found on the Blu-Ray and DVD release of the film will clock in at 156 minutes.

The director’s cut, which if you include the TALES OF THE BLACK FREIGHTER release (the animated short starring Gerard Butler which tells the famous side story in the graphic novel) will make the movie a massive 205 minutes long.

An epic LORD OF THE RINGS style picture. Can’t wait to see it.

In the U.K, this DVD set will be released on April 9th, just as WATCHMEN is starting to leave theatres. Remember, it will have the full story of the TALES FROM THE BLACK FREIGHTER which is not included in the theatrical release of the film…

Priced at £9.99 RRP on DVD and £14.99 RRP on Blu-ray Disc, both sets include the main feature (25mins) and special features (84mins). The DVD is presented in anamorphic widescreen with English DD5.1 Surround audio, while the Blu-ray is 1080P with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD audio. Extras include:

Under the Hood
                            Story Within a Story: The Books of Watchmen - How Tales of the Black Freighter and Under the Hood connect to and expand the world of Watchmen, with a unique analogy to the character arc of Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias
                            Watchmen Motion Comics: Chapter 1
                            A First Look at DC Universe’s animated Green Lantern
                            Zack Snyder has confirmed to CHUD, that the controversy over the appearance of the Squid at the end of WATCHMEN is no longer controversial because the Squid is in.

You can read up about that here (http://chud.com/articles/articles/18...ALL/Page1.html) but be wary of spoiler material.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...-from-film.php
                            shouldn't that read 162 minutes? ( http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...9?OpenDocument ) and the directos cut should be longer, so that seems squiffy too.

also you can preorder the black freighter at amazon UK for about £10 on blu ray and about £7 on DVD if anyone is interested ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...lack+freighter)
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

apparently, Watchmen has been cut down to 156 minutes to fit on IMAX projectors. and the same cut is being used in theatres, however! watchmen is not showing on IMAX in the UK, and there is no sign of it being resubmitted to the BBFC with a shorter run time, this means there is a tiny possibility that the longer version might show in the UK and perhaps all the countries that paramount is distributing in. *fingers crossed*
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Exclusive 'Watchmen' Clip: Prison Break

Silk Spectre and Nite Owl put down a riot at the prison the only way they know how.
                                Wicked!!!

WATCHMEN: WORLD PREMIERE

The world premiere of Watchmen was held on Monday at the Odeon, Leicester Square in London.

Director Zack Snyder was joined by cast members.
                                Clicky!

and

RAMESES II clip
                                Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Working...
                                X