X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    What happend in tonights ep
    Spoiler:
    Tyler and Jay take a train to New Haven. They bribe the station agent to tell who the reservation code (on the train listing) belongs to - Daniel Taft. While they are trying to figure out who that is they notice a book store called "Have Books Will Travel".

Jay goes in to look around. Now here's a plot mistake IMO - if you are on the run with limited cash reserves, you're not going to spend $9 on a book. Jay questions the owner, a girl named Maya, about Will and then mentions Daniel Taft. She acts very nervous but doesn't tell him anything. He leaves. The store is bugged by the white haired bad guy's goons and watched by the black guy that has been sort of helping Tyler and Jay.

Tyler finds out their is a boat slip for Daniel Kraft. They go to the docks - no boat is there but there is a boat nearby called "Maya". Of course they go on board . They discover a cache of guns and meals-ready-to-eat. While they are looking around another guy comes on board and says he's Daniel Taft. He says he doesn't know anything when they question him but says they can stick around. He leaves to "make a phone call", but locks them in the cabin and then sets an bomb for 1 min. When Tyler and Jay find out they are locked in, Jay uses one of the guns to shoot open the hatch. They see the bomb and jump off the boat just before it explodes. The black guy (I don't know whether to call him a good guy or a bad guy - and does he have a name?) has been watching the whole thing.

Spoiler:
    Tyler and Jay go back to the bookstore to confront Maya. Before they can say very much she shoes them outside and says the store is bugged. She tells them to follow her. They are reluctant of course but she spouts off a few personal details about them and they follow her to her house. There she tells them when she first met Will he called himself Daniel Taft and she is his girlfriend. After they left the store, 2 black expensive flashy looking sedans screeching around the corner and pull up to the store, shortly followed by a white van. Goon type guys burst out of the cars wearing suits and dark glasses. It looked very cheesey to me. They break into the store and not very quietly. Early in the show they made this big deal about New Haven being a small town (I looked it up - in 2002 the population was 123,000 - not even remotely small). Now if this was really a small town, I'm sure someone would have called the police. They look around the store, don't find anything, jump back in the cars and take off, tires screeching, in the same cheesey style. I liked most of this ep but that scene was poorly done.

Back at Maya's house. Some flashback scenes - Will tells her he is training for a govt assignment. He says as soon as he is done they are going to take the boat out and get lost. If he doesn't come back she is supposed to take the boat and disappear. She last spoke to him shortly before the bombing and has been unable to contact him since. She gives them a key Will had hidden that he said would help them. It's a big old fashion key that looks like the type that would open a treasure chest. The cheesey guys from the book store screech up to her house and Tyler and Jay escape out the back.
    Thank's for great description of this weeks past episode Thunderstorm. I just watched the episode on ABC.com in Hi-Def.

This show is going to awhile to un-fold, maybe with Will getting kid-napped we might find out a little more into his background next week.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind time traveling going on, or something scifi that gives these people a look into the future. I just got this feeling that something diabolical is at work, whether it's scifi or not, I'm just not sure yet.

Comment

I just hope you guys know that it's got no fantasy in it at all!!

So there's no aliens in it!!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
        I just hope you guys know that it's got no fantasy in it at all!!

So there's no aliens in it!!
        You can't really say that for sure though. On shows nowadays, pretty much anything is possible. Writers throw things at the audience we don't always expect. Who knows what may unfold in future weeks?
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think I want aliens, or something supernatural in the show but time travel if handled correctly, could be interesting.

Did they ever say what (if anything) was taken from the museum? Or was that just a distraction or to setup Jay and Tyler. And why set them up in the 1st place?
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I don't think I want aliens, or something supernatural in the show but time travel if handled correctly, could be interesting.

Did they ever say what (if anything) was taken from the museum? Or was that just a distraction or to setup Jay and Tyler. And why set them up in the 1st place?
            I don't really want a supernatural or alien thing going on in this show either. It's just that, at this point, anything is possible still.

I don't think anything meaty has been revealed yet about why Jay and Tyler were set up.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't see aliens being part of this show, but you never know?. Maybe Will and the balck guy are both intergalactic guys chasing or running from another and they happen to be hidding out on Earth, not likely but at this point, it's still pretty wide open.

As far as time travel goes, that could indeed be very interesting. Maybe it something like we saw in the movie Deja Vu where they have a machine that can give them a glimpse of the past or future.

I caught up on the few episodes they have aired and the show is improving as far as the quality of acting goes. I hope they move the story along every week though.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                I caught up on the few episodes they have aired and the show is improving as far as the quality of acting goes. I hope they move the story along every week though.
                Definitely improving each week.

As for moving the story along, I totally agree. While I don't have to know everything all at once, I don't want every little bit of information to be too drawn out.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Definitely improving each week.

As for moving the story along, I totally agree. While I don't have to know everything all at once, I don't want every little bit of information to be too drawn out.
                  Ok, we got a healthy dose of information last night. And these episodes are getting much better quality wise. I would think the time traveling angle is out (but maybe not). And what the heck was up with the black guy supposedly helping the Tyler and Jay out. Where did he go after they were shot at, and was it all part of big charade, otherwise how could the black guy have escaped, or did he escape?.

I guess we can assume Will was an agent for Homeland Security?.

What does this painting of what looked the signing of the declaration of independance have to do with the storyline and why the heck is it so important?.

The head FBI guy (Agent Chambers) seems very supect and creepy, almost like he is invloved or is aware of what the bad Homeland guys are doing and he is trying to steer his agents away from figuring it all out.

Traveler is highly reminiscent of 1995's Nowhere Man starring Bruce Greenwood.

Comment

The latest episode The Trader was not as fast paced as previous episodes, but as we got the last couple epsidoes, we got a ton of great information coming in. Tyler forced himself to face his father in order to find out if his own Dad had actually not only betrayed him but set him up to die in the original bombing of the museum. When Tyler's father revealed the truth to him that he did indeed set him up because Tyler was and has always been the weak link in the family never to be able to head the family business, Tyler was in shock and headed back to locate Jay. At the beginning of this show all the clues were there that the father was part of the whole scam but a person naturally wants to hope that a father could not be that heartless. What a great scene that was in the limo!.

Another great thing, everyone seems to be connected and when we see the 'big boys' talk about their devious plans (Carlton Fog and the guy working for Homeland Security) the whole show gets a bit more weight. It's starting to get some legs and become a great adult conspiracy show.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                      The latest episode The Trader was not as fast paced as previous episodes, but as we got the last couple epsidoes, we got a ton of great information coming in. Tyler forced himself to face his father in order to find out if his own Dad had actually not only betrayed him but set him up to die in the original bombing of the museum. When Tyler's father revealed the truth to him that he did indeed set him up because Tyler was and has always been the weak link in the family never to be able to head the family business, Tyler was in shock and headed back to locate Jay. At the beginning of this show all the clues were there that the father was part of the whole scam but a person naturally wants to hope that a father could not be that heartless. What a great scene that was in the limo!.

Another great thing, everyone seems to be connected and when we see the 'big boys' talk about their devious plans (Carlton Fog and the guy working for Homeland Security) the whole show gets a bit more weight. It's starting to get some legs and become a great adult conspiracy show.
                      Definetly the best episode so far. This series is getting better and better each week.

Will sure is a bad azz isn't he.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                        Definetly the best episode so far. This series is getting better and better each week.

Will sure is a bad azz isn't he.
                        Will is definitely a "bad azz".

I totally agree though. This show is getting better each week. I really hope ABC isn't stupid and cancels it.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just watched the first 6 episodes, really liked it. I hope it'd going to have more than 8 episodes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                            Just watched the first 6 episodes, really liked it. I hope it'd going to have more than 8 episodes.
                            So do I. This show has potential IMO.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Will is definitely a "bad azz".

I totally agree though. This show is getting better each week. I really hope ABC isn't stupid and cancels it.
                              I finally caught up with all the episodes I had been saving on my Tivo. All I got to say is Wow!. This show keeps getting better and better, it has a lot more depth to it than similar type shows where the storyline in continued as a real time chase. Will has turned out to be quite the bad azz while also portraying a guy who is desperate and unsure.

I loved the monkey wrench they threw in to the storyline when Tyler and Jay took all of Will's stuff (money, passports, documents ...etc...) from Will's locker at the university library, which unwittingly screwed Will. It's thing's like this that have made the chase all the more interesting.

I like the preview for next weeks season finale. When a network advertises using the term 'season finale', that is always a good sign that there will be a second season. Usually when a show is going to be canceled, they never say advertise using the term 'season finale'. This show has turned out to be intriguing and very entertaining.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Does anyone think that the fbi agent in charge of capturing Jay and Tyler is in with the terrorist group that will was in with. I think he is because he dismissed the possibilty of will being the bomber. He also is rushing his agents to find Jay and Tyler. There has to be at least one agent to let the prisoner that they got free.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X