This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    IMO, Will was forced to do this. Personally, I think he was just a pawn used by much bigger, more powerful forces. Time will tell though.
    Hmmm, I didn't even think that he might have been forced to do what he did, but in retrospect that makes a lot of sense fifth man. It seems then, that the black guy who was first seen as the hotel porter then the guy who helped free Tyler and Jay from the FBI is part of the entity that Will Traveler is involved with?.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
      Hmmm, I didn't even think that he might have been forced to do what he did, but in retrospect that makes a lot of sense fifth man. It seems then, that the black guy who was first seen as the hotel porter then the guy who helped free Tyler and Jay from the FBI is part of the entity that Will Traveler is involved with?.
      It sure seems that way to me.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How about this angle. --- Will Traveler is acutally a Traveler of time. - The black guy is also from the future where he is either there to protect Will, - or he's there to make sure Will finishes his job to fix a broken time-line, - or Will and the black guy are working together to also fix some kind of messed up time-line?.

Hopefully we will get some answers on Thrusday.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          How about this angle. --- Will Traveler is acutally a Traveler of time. - The black guy is also from the future where he is either there to protect Will, - or he's there to make sure Will finishes his job to fix a broken time-line, - or Will and the black guy are working together to also fix some kind of messed up time-line?.

Hopefully we will get some answers on Thrusday.
          Not bad Fifth Race, I could see that Will is truly a Traveler of time, that would explain a lot. Although after last night's episode (which was pretty good) I have more answers than I did before.

Who are the guy's that were part of stealing Tyler's girlfriends picture that had Will's face?. Is the black guy porter from last weeks episode part of that group, who is obviously trying to portect Will's identity or even his very existence?. And are they trying to help or hurt Will?.

I'm going to re-watch it again as see if I can see something I missed.
          The USS Defiant Rocks!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I was kind of disappointed that they showed Will so soon. I wished they would have kept us guessing longer as to whether he was really real.

Otherwise it was a pretty good ep.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
              I was kind of disappointed that they showed Will so soon. I wished they would have kept us guessing longer as to whether he was really real.

Otherwise it was a pretty good ep.
              I really enjoyed the last episode. As for them showing Will, I'm not that surprised really that they did it already.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I forgot to Tivo tonights episode. Can anyone give me a quick run-down on exactly what happened.

Comment

I forgot to Tivo tonights episode. Can anyone give me a quick run-down on exactly what happened.
                  Wish that I could. I missed it too. I had company over, and just forgot to record it.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What happend in tonights ep
                    Spoiler:
                    Tyler and Jay take a train to New Haven. They bribe the station agent to tell who the reservation code (on the train listing) belongs to - Daniel Taft. While they are trying to figure out who that is they notice a book store called "Have Books Will Travel".

Jay goes in to look around. Now here's a plot mistake IMO - if you are on the run with limited cash reserves, you're not going to spend $9 on a book. Jay questions the owner, a girl named Maya, about Will and then mentions Daniel Taft. She acts very nervous but doesn't tell him anything. He leaves. The store is bugged by the white haired bad guy's goons and watched by the black guy that has been sort of helping Tyler and Jay.

Tyler finds out their is a boat slip for Daniel Kraft. They go to the docks - no boat is there but there is a boat nearby called "Maya". Of course they go on board . They discover a cache of guns and meals-ready-to-eat. While they are looking around another guy comes on board and says he's Daniel Taft. He says he doesn't know anything when they question him but says they can stick around. He leaves to "make a phone call", but locks them in the cabin and then sets an bomb for 1 min. When Tyler and Jay find out they are locked in, Jay uses one of the guns to shoot open the hatch. They see the bomb and jump off the boat just before it explodes. The black guy (I don't know whether to call him a good guy or a bad guy - and does he have a name?) has been watching the whole thing.

More later.
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

More from tonight's episode

Spoiler:
                      Tyler and Jay go back to the bookstore to confront Maya. Before they can say very much she shoes them outside and says the store is bugged. She tells them to follow her. They are reluctant of course but she spouts off a few personal details about them and they follow her to her house. There she tells them when she first met Will he called himself Daniel Taft and she is his girlfriend. After they left the store, 2 black expensive flashy looking sedans screeching around the corner and pull up to the store, shortly followed by a white van. Goon type guys burst out of the cars wearing suits and dark glasses. It looked very cheesey to me. They break into the store and not very quietly. Early in the show they made this big deal about New Haven being a small town (I looked it up - in 2002 the population was 123,000 - not even remotely small). Now if this was really a small town, I'm sure someone would have called the police. They look around the store, don't find anything, jump back in the cars and take off, tires screeching, in the same cheesey style. I liked most of this ep but that scene was poorly done.

Back at Maya's house. Some flashback scenes - Will tells her he is training for a govt assignment. He says as soon as he is done they are going to take the boat out and get lost. If he doesn't come back she is supposed to take the boat and disappear. She last spoke to him shortly before the bombing and has been unable to contact him since. She gives them a key Will had hidden that he said would help them. It's a big old fashion key that looks like the type that would open a treasure chest. The cheesey guys from the book store screech up to her house and Tyler and Jay escape out the back.

More tomorrow. Past time to go to bed. Someone else who saw the ep feel free to take up the description from here.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for what you gave us, Thunderstorm.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I just found out you can watch the episode over on the ABC site. I couldn't get it to work for me, but you might try it. If you still want me to continue the episode description let me know.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanx for the great detailed episodes description Thunderstorm, especially for interjecting some of your personal thoughts as well. Feel free to that with any or all the episodes. It gives anyone new a chance to catch up with the show and our discussion. great job!.

Does anybody get the feeling that the Black Guy is time traveling - it was like he knew exactly what was going to happen when the guy's went aboard the sail boat. He saw the guy who was impersonating Daniel Taft, set the bomb and yet he didn't do anything to stop it or warn Tyler or Jay. He just sat there calmly like he knew exactly what was going to happen (they were going to escape). He also knew that if he followed Tyler and Jay they were going to lead him to Will, which he again just watched things unfold (Will getting supposedly kid-napped).

Is Will involved with the black guy?. Is the black guy a good guy or another bad guy?. And why the heck is Homeland Security involved?. As much as I am starting to like where this show is headed, it is going to be like pulling a tooth to get any definitive answers.

There are some rather "cheesy moments" (as Thunderstorm so aptly pointed out) and questionable acting that had me rolling my eyes a few times. Which is inevitable with new shows, especially ones that are discombobulated as Traveler seems right now. That being said, this odd show is oddly hard to not watch. I hope it lasts and I hope it delivers.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                              Does anybody get the feeling that the Black Guy is time traveling
                              I hadn't thought of that but that's a good idea. He seems to be wherever they are and since even they don't always know where they are going it would be hard to tail them.

But that raises the questions, why is he time travelling? Does something need to be fixed? Is he trying to find something before it gets lost again?
                              sigpic

Comment

Time traveling? While possible, I just don't know. It is possible we may be seeing Science Fiction connections that don't really exist. I guess we'll just have to stay tuned to find out for sure though.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X