Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across a newish TV Trailer. Go here

http://www.avsquad1.com/

& click on "Product Reel" & The Sarah Connor Chronicles should be at the bottom click on it to view it

I guess FOX is getting ready to start advertising it

Comment

I would have preferred to see a story taking place in the future during the war ...
      Gilles
      http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
      Ben Browder interview
      Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
        Ultimately, I don't care if the TV show ignores T3 since they are of different mediums. I'll only be upset if T4 ignores T3, because I want to see a follow up to T3, a movie which I feel is quite good and worthy of a sequel.
        I wouldn't want any future movie to ignore T3 either- I thought it was very good for a third film in a franchise, and I would definitely like to see a follow-up to it covering the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman View Post
          I would have preferred to see a story taking place in the future during the war ...
          Agreed but that's what the new movies should be.
          Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I don't like the idea of the TV show rendering T3 null and void either. T3 had a great conclusion.

So it's possible the new Terminator series will do a "Stargate" and only be linked to its film more or less in name only? The new series will keep the Terminator, John Conner and Sarah Conner as its central characters as in the film trilogy, but the TV show could go off in a different direction? I really hope so and I hope T4 doesn't acknowledge the new series and keeps within the film canon.
            Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 13 June 2007, 10:19 AM.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
              So it's possible the new Terminator series will do a "Stargate" and only be linked to its film more or less in name only? The new series will keep the Terminator, John Conner and Sarah Conner as its central characters as in the film trilogy, but the TV show could go off in a different direction? I really hope so and I hope T4 doesn't acknowledge the new series and keeps within the film canon.
              SG-1 is a continuation of Stargate. The only thing that was significantly changed was Ra's race being reimagined from a man-like creature to a snake-like creature to make it more TV friendly. Aside from that reimagining and some cosmetic differences, Stargate and SG-1 are in the same continuity.

STARGATE TIMELINE
              1994: Stargate (movie's point of view)
              1996: Stargate (SG-1's point of view)
              1997-98: SG-1 Season 1
              1998-99: SG-1 Season 2
              1999-00: SG-1 Season 3
              2000-01: SG-1 Season 4
              2001-02: SG-1 Season 5
              2002-03: SG-1 Season 6
              2003-04: SG-1 Season 7
              2004-05: SG-1 Season 8 / Atlantis Season 1
              2005-06: SG-1 Season 9 / Atlantis Season 2
              2006-07: SG-1 Season 10 / Atlantis Season 3
              2007-08: Atlantis Season 4 / 2 SG-1 Movies

The new Terminator TV show will be a continuation of the first two Terminator movies, but it will ignore T3. You could say that the TV show is an alternate continuation. Basically, we'll have two timelines that can be followed.

TERMINATOR TIMELINE 1
              The Terminator
              Terminator 2: Judgment Day
              Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

TERMINATOR TIMELINE 2
              The Terminator
              Terminator 2: Judgment Day
              The Sarah Connor Chronicles
              Terminator 4

Terminator 4 will take place during the future war with ties to the TV show. In order for it to have ties to the TV show which ignores T3, that means T4 will also ignore T3. One possibility is that T4 will follow up T3 and feature a pair of Terminators go back in time to the TV show's first episode. That could be interesting. If that's the case, then the the timeline would be T1-4 and then a second timeline with T1-2 and TSCC.

Comment

They can easily fix this by saying it's a different universe like Daniel said (which I like the best), or a huge Voyager reset button at the end of the series.

But none of this matters because it's on Fox and will live a season if it's lucky.

Comment

Different timeline, not universe. Two different concepts.

They've already pushed the big reset button by saying the 3rd movie never happened.

Comment

They've already pushed the big reset button by saying the 3rd movie never happened.
                    I hate that very idea of tossing aside T3, I really liked the third movie, it had a good story, but I'll give the series a shot anyway..... It's just too bad that they couldn't do a show which continued off of the movie, though one could suppose that getting Nick Stahl and Claire Danes would be.....tricky.

So long as the next movie doesn't ignore T3 though.....I'll be happy. If the third movie had been brutally bad, I'd get the point of a reset, but it surprisingly wasn't.....

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                      I came across a newish TV Trailer. Go here

http://www.avsquad1.com/

& click on "Product Reel" & The Sarah Connor Chronicles should be at the bottom click on it to view it

I guess FOX is getting ready to start advertising it
                      Thanks. Good find. Thats better than the Youtube ones anyway
                      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Different timeline, not universe. Two different concepts.
                        Actually no, they are the same thing.

Time travel is impossible because of the grandfather parradox. So the new theory is that when you go back in time you actually start a new AU so if you kill you're grandfather in that timeline you won't be born, but you were born in a different universe anyways so all is ok.

EDIT - And whoever said that the TV show is a tie in for the 4th movie?
                        Last edited by Oreo; 14 June 2007, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                          Actually no, they are the same thing. Time travel is impossible because of the grandfather parradox.
                          The grandfather paradox is flawed, because it does not factor in 4-dimensional thinking. If you go back in time to when your grandfather was a boy, you become a component of the past. If you kill him, the future will change significantly, but you will not cease to exist. Why? You are a component of the past and thus protected by any changes to the future. The future you came from has ceased to exist, because it has been replaced by the new future you created by killing your grandfather. There is only one way back. Make a video of yourself telling your younger self not to kill your grandfather, and explain the results. Maybe document the alternate future as well. Send this video back in time to when you're in the past, but before you've killed your grandfather. That way, that younger you can return to the future, thus erasing the alternate timeline and your alternate self. The video remains, because it was in the past, protected from changes to the future.

So the new theory is that when you go back in time you actually start a new AU so if you kill you're grandfather in that timeline you won't be born, but you were born in a different universe anyways so all is ok.
                          Traveling to the past does not bump you into some other reality.

And whoever said that the TV show is a tie in for the 4th movie?
                          I said that the fourth movie will have ties to the TV show.

Comment

I said that the fourth movie will have ties to the TV show.
                            And what rabbit did you pull that hat out of? Got link?
                            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Yes, I have a link.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles @ Wikipedia

Andy Vajna and James Middleton also confirmed in Variety that C2 is in "the final phases of development" of a fourth Terminator film and that the series will have a link to what's being envisioned as a new feature trilogy. "There will be a connection," Middleton said. The screenplay that was being developed by Michael Ferris and John Brancato was also a part of the Halcyon buyout.

Comment

Dude, your link has a whole in it.
                                This article does not cite any references or sources.
                                Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. (help, get involved!)
                                Any material not supported by sources may be challenged and removed at any time.
                                This article has been tagged since April 2007.
                                This is nothing more then someones idea, nothing to do with fact at this point.
                                Doze Out...

Comment

Working...
                                X