Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
    Thermite can be made by anyone and as for the house it's just sloppy writing. Something this show is being known for in the short time it was on the air.

Oh can it just? Do tell......

The show's fun to watch too.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I don't see why the house would be sloppy writing. I'm sure there are plenty of cheap rental houses are around the LA area that can be rented for cash and no one will bother to ask for a name. As for other slip ups, most of those can be contributed to the writers strike since the writers never had a chance the polish the scripts before the strike. I say next season with the writers fully at work, we'll get a much tighter written season.

Chocolate you have to realized they aren't going to spell each and everything thing out for the audience at the get go. Try waiting to ask your questions until the season has finished. Chances are they might be answered in future episodes.

As for thermite, wiki is your friend in this case. For the future, try to find things out on your own first before you ask them on the forum, the internet is full of information that's easy to access.
      Last edited by GatetheWay; 31 March 2008, 10:40 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

First time I heard about Thirmite was on brainiac.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I am also trying to remain positive about the show returning. I think it is a great show!

Comment

Oh mappalazarou, I wanted ask you if you've seen Domino.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay View Post
              I don't see why the house would be sloppy writing. I'm sure there are plenty of cheap rental houses are around the LA area that can be rented for cash and no one will bother to ask for a name. As for other slip ups, most of those can be contributed to the writers strike since the writers never had a chance the polish the scripts before the strike. I say next season with the writers fully at work, we'll get a much tighter written season.

Chocolate you have to realized they aren't going to spell each and everything thing out for the audience at the get go. Try waiting to ask your questions until the season has finished. Chances are they might be answered in future episodes.

As for thermite, wiki is your friend in this case. For the future, try to find things out on your own first before you ask them on the forum, the internet is full of information that's easy to access.

OK...... I will loook stuff up in future. The only reason I said what I did to the other poster was their comment on thermite being really easy to make bothered me... Just in the sense of, "if its so easy then anyone can make it and use it" kind of thing.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I've never personally heard of rental houses but even if we are to assume that were true where exactly would they get the money to rent it? Where do they get the id to prove who they were in order for someone to rent a house to them? Where is the freaking narrative??

As for the strike the scripts for the episodes were written way before the strike even happened. For god's sake the episode "Heavy Metal" was shot last out of the nine episodes. What does that tell about when these eps were written? The strike kept Friedman away from the show but the eps themselves were written a long time ago by the production assistants

Comment

I've never personally heard of rental houses but even if we are to assume that were true where exactly would they get the money to rent it? Where do they get the id to prove who they were in order for someone to rent a house to them? Where is the freaking narrative??

As for the strike the scripts for the episodes were written way before the strike even happened. For god's sake the episode "Heavy Metal" was shot last out of the nine episodes. What does that tell about when these eps were written? The strike kept Friedman away from the show but the eps themselves were written a long time ago by the production assistants
                  Sarah has contacts and I'm sure she and John have the skills to create fake id's. and from T2 its clear John can gain cash quite easily if he need to. They've been doing this stuff for years. And they have show them setup in a new location at the start of the series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh mappalazarou, I wanted ask you if you've seen Domino.
                    Nope. I need to see that, and Pride & Prejudice....And Atonement.....
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

You can rent houses. And I'm sure if you look hard enough you could find a place shady enough in LA where they'll take cash and a fake name and they won't care. The Connors are resourceful enough to find enough money to pay for the first month of rent on a rundown house, end of story. No need to waste valuable screentime on boring exposition on how they got a house.

Yes, these scripts were written a long time ago, that's the only reason why we have episodes at all. But once the writers went on strike (during the filming of episode 2) no one was allowed to rewrite or correct the standing script so typos or logic slips that weren't spotted until later (the blood type thing or Derek talking about John's 30th birthday when it was suppose to be his 40th) had to be left in for violation of the strike.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                        Sarah has contacts and I'm sure she and John have the skills to create fake id's. and from T2 its clear John can gain cash quite easily if he need to. They've been doing this stuff for years. And they have show them setup in a new location at the start of the series.
                        What contacts? If it's not written in the show why would anyone make such an assumption? Also how exactly does John" get cash easily when he shows up naked 7 years into the future and is now penniless? Does he sell himself to men on the streets?

Comment

You can rent houses. And I'm sure if you look hard enough you could find a place shady enough in LA where they'll take cash and a fake name and they won't care. The Connors are resourceful enough to find enough money to pay for the first month of rent on a rundown house, end of story. No need to waste valuable screentime on boring exposition on how they got a house.
                          Ok let me dump you in a foreign country right now in someone else's clothes and you go find a house to rent with no id and no money.

Yes, these scripts were written a long time ago, that's the only reason why we have episodes at all. But once the writers went on strike (during the filming of episode 2) no one was allowed to rewrite or correct the standing script so typos or logic slips that weren't spotted until later (the blood type thing or Derek talking about John's 30th birthday when it was suppose to be his 40th) had to be left in for violation of the strike.
                          Where are you even getting this information? Will the strike be blamed when season 2 starts up and we still see these same flubs?

Comment

What contacts? If it's not written in the show why would anyone make such an assumption? Also how exactly does John" get cash easily when he shows up naked 7 years into the future and is now penniless? Does he sell himself to men on the streets?
                            Enrique, sure they killed him but he was a contact. Plus they have a Terminator with them she can probably just rip an ATM apart if they really need cash in a hurry.

Why would I make assumptions? Because I have seen T2 and the show is based on those characters. John has been taught from birth how to be resourceful.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok let me dump you in a foreign country right now in someone else's clothes and you go find a house to rent with no id and no money.
                              It wasn't a foreign country to them, it wasn't even a foreign city. Sure they hadn't been around for a few years but that wouldn't have been too much of a problem. How would anyone know that their clothes were stolen anyway?
                              sigpic

Comment

Thermite can be made by anyone and as for the house it's just sloppy writing. Something this show is being known for in the short time it was on the air.
                                I just liked how the state of the art computer parts that you can only get if you had family in Korea was a dual core processor. He should have just gotten a Dell for some extra product placement.

Comment

Working...
                                X