Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems we're in agreement that the fifth movie should focus on what lead to the Terminator and Kyle Reese going back to 1984. In regards to T6... I can't be bothered to think about that when T5 doesn't exist. Why close the thread? People want to discuss the show, thus the thread should be left open. In regards to the cliffhanger, you can always resolve it in your imagination. I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      It seems we're in agreement that the fifth movie should focus on what lead to the Terminator and Kyle Reese going back to 1984. In regards to T6... I can't be bothered to think about that when T5 doesn't exist. Why close the thread? People want to discuss the show, thus the thread should be left open. In regards to the cliffhanger, you can always resolve it in your imagination. I did.

And I don't want any more movies and as far as I am concerned Salvation was not part of the true terminator story and an abomination.....

I would much rather see no more movies made from this series as they're just milking them for money with crap storylines....

If they do make more I'd rather it be one big final movie tying up loose ends with the terminator timeline and one big final battle with us humans coming on top...... "sucker for happy endings"
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        And I don't want any more movies and as far as I am concerned Salvation was not part of the true terminator story and an abomination..... I would much rather see no more movies made from this series as they're just milking them for money with crap storylines....
        Sequels will be made regardless of what you want if there's an audience demand or a tallented enough production team capable of "reviving" the film series. Salvation is an official Terminator feature film. Quallity is debatable, wether it is an official Terminator film is not. Technically, all sequels are milking for money.

If they do make more I'd rather it be one big final movie tying up loose ends with the terminator timeline and one big final battle with us humans coming on top...... "sucker for happy endings"
        I'd like to see them dump the "predestination paradox" direction the series is going in. The original film featured a predestination paradox. The second film broke that by having the Terminator protector help the Connors change the future instead of merely preserving it. They took a page out of Skynet's book. The third movie mixed destiny with changing the future. It revealed that you can change the past, but larger events are destined to happen. John Connor and Kate Brewster meet some ten years later than they should have. Skynet goes online six or seven years later than it should have. T1 said that Skynet decided humanity's fate in a moment. T2 suggested that Skynet went online and only went to war with humanity when people became fearful and tried to "pull the plug." In T3, it's already self aware and tricks the military into unleashing it by slipping a virus out upon the internet. Then the fourth movie leaps into "predestination" territory. Is the timeline alterable or not? When this film series finally comes to an end, it needs to end with John Connor following a "Super Terminator" that embodies Skynet back to 1984 after Kyle Reese and the Terminator arrive. This time, it's John Connor who terminates the original Terminator while fighting the Super Terminator. In the end, they destroy each other as Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese flee to safety. John Connor is still concieved in the same manner as the original movie. Kyle Reese lives, and Skynet will never be created. The Connor (Reese?) family live under the radar with a watchful eye on the world, just in case... That is how I would end it.

Oops, I think we got off topic from the TV show...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Not going to happen. Cliffhangers have been shown to promote people's interests for the next season
          I know, but with the way they go about deciding whether or not to renew shows these days it's stupid having cliffhangers nowadays becuase no one will know if they will be renewed for a new season so the shows could end of a bloody cliffhanger and it's annoying and frustrating. It puts some of us off wanting to watch new shows.

At least with Farscape they made a TV movie to give us an ending We also got a Firefly movie (Serenity) to give us a somewhat decent ending. But there are numerous shows that ended on cliffies then got cancelled with no proper conclusion. It kinda puts you off from watching new shows in case the same thing happens.

I would have bought the TSCC DVD boxset, but I'm not in the habit of buying half a show.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            I know, but with the way they go about deciding whether or not to renew shows these days it's stupid having cliffhangers nowadays becuase no one will know if they will be renewed for a new season so the shows could end of a bloody cliffhanger and it's annoying and frustrating. It puts some of us off wanting to watch new shows.
            If the show is going to be cancelled the networks don't give a care if its annoying to the fans. When the season finales are written they usually don't know if a new season is possible or not.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

If the show is going to be cancelled the networks don't give a care if its annoying to the fans. When the season finales are written they usually don't know if a new season is possible or not.
              The networks don't give a rats ass about the fans, that has already been established But I'm sure I can't be the only one that is reluctant to get into a new show these days for fear of it ended up getting cancelled after a season and ending up with a cliffie for an ending. You know how I feel about cliffies
              sigpic

Comment

The networks don't give a rats ass about the fans, that has already been established But I'm sure I can't be the only one that is reluctant to get into a new show these days for fear of it ended up getting cancelled after a season and ending up with a cliffie for an ending. You know how I feel about cliffies
                I am one that really is on the verge of all together leaving TV behind. This year I did not get into any new shows, and after the first ep of Flash Forward pretty much was spot on with anticipating that show's demise. TV is frankly the worst medium for story telling hands down, yet we as mindless sheep have been idiots. And we have to stop being such idiots. The best and favorite comparison I love to make is this:

Would we read or watch Shakespeare without the final Act iV? Would we read a novel minus the last chapter, especially a mystery novel? Would we enjoy a movie that has the final 10 minutes cut?

Answer those questions, and then ask yourselves why is it we accept this for TV, but not any other medium for story telling? We do it because we have not been wise consumers. We have not put our collective foots down and said enough is enough, change the bleeping business model of how TV is done! Personally for me Network TV is dead, I do not care to ever watch another ABC, NBC, or CBS show again. FX and Syfy are only marginally better, with FX showing much more respect to the audience. Anyways, at least for me, when I think of this past decade of the shows I liked, the odds were greatly in favor that I would be disappointed. Either the show ends in cancellation, cancellation with a cliffhanger, or it just ends horribly because the writers were talentless hacks. I actually give shows like Andromeda and Earth Final Conflict higher personal ratings simply because they finished the story, and did it right.

I propose a new model needs to be developed, whereby if we are to invest OUR time, the networks/studios need to invest a strong commitment. We don't necessarily need them to continue on with a show that simply does not have the ratings. However, a new metric should be created where by shows like TSCC would at least give us a proper ending and/or straight to DVD finale at least. Say for example a series as concluded 2 full seasons, then they decide to cancel, it should be contracted that at least one more episode be produced to end it. This is just a thought, and I am sure others could and would come up with better ideas. What I do know is that the time has come we stop getting jerked around, screwed, and disappointed. At least with a disappointing film I have only invested an hour or so, not HOURS as I would for TV.

p.s. If you think there is never any reason to have hope, please do consider this little example. One of my all time favorite series Rome (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/) was canceled after 2 seasons back in 2007. In fact they had to rush and combine what would have been the 3rd season into the 2nd season. Well one would think the show over, dead, forgotten, right? WRONG.....they are now in pre-production for a movie expected to be released soon (they may have actually begun shooting already). So it never hurts to keep letting the studios know that they have consumers still interested in the product.
                Last edited by SBN; 10 July 2010, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Love your sig Linda............ I love the Resident Evil movies....... Just a pity I can't get all the games any more for PC
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I don't know if that is completely true. Networks know if they don't have fans the show is doomed on day 1. As for cliffhangers its all positive. A show is renewed the cliffhanger has viewers interested for the next season. If its not who cares what the angered think?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                      I am one that really is on the verge of all together leaving TV behind. This year I did not get into any new shows, and after the first ep of Flash Forward pretty much was spot on with anticipating that show's demise. TV is frankly the worst medium for story telling hands down, yet we as mindless sheep have been idiots. And we have to stop being such idiots. The best and favorite comparison I love to make is this:

Would we read or watch Shakespeare without the final Act iV? Would we read a novel minus the last chapter, especially a mystery novel? Would we enjoy a movie that has the final 10 minutes cut?

Answer those questions, and then ask yourselves why is it we accept this for TV, but not any other medium for story telling? We do it because we have not been wise consumers. We have not put our collective foots down and said enough is enough, change the bleeping business model of how TV is done! Personally for me Network TV is dead, I do not care to ever watch another ABC, NBC, or CBS show again. FX and Syfy are only marginally better, with FX showing much more respect to the audience. Anyways, at least for me, when I think of this past decade of the shows I liked, the odds were greatly in favor that I would be disappointed. Either the show ends in cancellation, cancellation with a cliffhanger, or it just ends horribly because the writers were talentless hacks. I actually give shows like Andromeda and Earth Final Conflict higher personal ratings simply because they finished the story, and did it right.

I propose a new model needs to be developed, whereby if we are to invest OUR time, the networks/studios need to invest a strong commitment. We don't necessarily need them to continue on with a show that simply does not have the ratings. However, a new metric should be created where by shows like TSCC would at least give us a proper ending and/or straight to DVD finale at least. Say for example a series as concluded 2 full seasons, then they decide to cancel, it should be contracted that at least one more episode be produced to end it. This is just a thought, and I am sure others could and would come up with better ideas. What I do know is that the time has come we stop getting jerked around, screwed, and disappointed. At least with a disappointing film I have only invested an hour or so, not HOURS as I would for TV.

p.s. If you think there is never any reason to have hope, please do consider this little example. One of my all time favorite series Rome (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/) was canceled after 2 seasons back in 2007. In fact they had to rush and combine what would have been the 3rd season into the 2nd season. Well one would think the show over, dead, forgotten, right? WRONG.....they are now in pre-production for a movie expected to be released soon (they may have actually begun shooting already). So it never hurts to keep letting the studios know that they have consumers still interested in the product.
                      I couldn't have said it better myself. I have become very reluctant on investing so much time on a show for fear of it getting cancelled after one season and it ending on an unresolved cliffhanger. Like you say, we wouldn't watch a movie that is incomplete or read a book with the last couple of pages missing so why should it be any different with a TV show. Maybe it's time they had a complete overhaul on how they decide on renewal or not, a way for them that if they decide against renewal they have a backup plan of sorts where they at least allow the show to end it properly, whether it be a couple extra eps or a TV movie, like what they done with Farscape, cause TBH the way they are treating shows these days is becoming ridiculous.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Love your sig Linda............ I love the Resident Evil movies....... Just a pity I can't get all the games any more for PC
                      I love the resi evil movies too. I do wish they done some things different but overall I thoroughly enjoyed them. I have them all on Blu-ray now. Now I have resi evil and Resi evil Apocalypse DVD's collecting dust Aw that sucks

I don't know if that is completely true. Networks know if they don't have fans the show is doomed on day 1. As for cliffhangers its all positive. A show is renewed the cliffhanger has viewers interested for the next season. If its not who cares what the angered think?
                      Well maybe not completely true but it sure feels that way sometimes. But making shows and then ending on cliffhangers for them to turn round and cancel the show enough times then people will start to get fedup with it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well maybe not completely true but it sure feels that way sometimes. But making shows and then ending on cliffhangers for them to turn round and cancel the show enough times then people will start to get fedup with it.
                        You're too emotional invested. Its not a way of life. At the end its a business. At the end TV is a business and any business will make their product as pleasable to customers as possible and like it or not cliffhangers have been show to pike viewer/customer interest. At the same time you can't expect them to sell a non-profitable product. This ends Economics 101.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

You're too emotional invested. Its not a way of life. At the end its a business. At the end TV is a business and any business will make their product as pleasable to customers as possible and like it or not cliffhangers have been show to pike viewer/customer interest. At the same time you can't expect them to sell a non-profitable product. This ends Economics 101.
                          No, I just like a proper conclusion to the shows, not a half finished article I'm not saying they have to give the shows a whole season if it's not bringing in enough viewers, but try and find a solution so at least they have a way of giving a show some kind of conclusion in the end.
                          sigpic

Comment

No, I just like a proper conclusion to the shows, not a half finished article I'm not saying they have to give the shows a whole season if it's not bringing in enough viewers, but try and find a solution so at least they have a way of giving a show some kind of conclusion in the end.
                            That is near impossible. Because they don't know if the show is pulling in money until after most if not all the episodes are produced.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That is near impossible. Because they don't know if the show is pulling in money until after most if not all the episodes are produced.
                              Guess it's just wishful thinking on my part then But I think if they keep this trend up then more and more people could get fedup with it and become reluctant to invest their time in new TV shows when they come out Or they could just continue being mindless sheep following the herd
                              sigpic

Comment

Guess it's just wishful thinking on my part then But I think if they keep this trend up then more and more people could get fedup with it and become reluctant to invest their time in new TV shows when they come out Or they could just continue being mindless sheep following the herd
                                Most people don't get emotional invested in a show. Its a form of entertainment. When it ends. Oh well time to go watch a different TV show
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X