Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather than read fanfiction, why not read some professionally written novels? I would imagine it would be a more enjoyable experience. That said, I don't object to fanfiction written for shows cancelled in the middle of a storyline. It'd be interesting to read someone's attempt to provide the show an ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      Rather than read fanfiction, why not read some professionally written novels? I would imagine it would be a more enjoyable experience. That said, I don't object to fanfiction written for shows cancelled in the middle of a storyline. It'd be interesting to read someone's attempt to provide the show an ending.
      Again, there aren't any novels dealing with TTSCC. And you're way too quick in judgement over fanfiction in comparison to your novels. There are many fanfics out there for other series that are actually of very good quality, equal to good novels, or maybe even better. For example the Dark Angel books were not as good as some Dark Angel fanfics out there... But then I wouldn't really consider those books to be professional novels. Still I'd rather read the fanfiction... Each his own cup of tea. For me it doesn't matter if it's a novel or fanfiction, as long as I think it's good, I'll enjoy it.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I meant original novels not relating to Terminator. There is a lot of original literature out there.

I'm too quick to judge fanfiction in comparison to my novels? What do you mean my novels? I'm not allowed to have a negative opinion of fanfiction? I interpret fanfiction as a fan of a TV show wanting to create their own stories. Rather than attempt to write a professional short story, novelette, or novel; they quickly write fan fiction and upload it to a website. Wether fanfiction is good or poor is irelavent, it is the format itself I take issue with.

When I read, it doesn't have to be a novel; but I do expect it to be professionally written. I say this as someone who plans to make a life-long career in the field of writing. I am in the process of crafting my first book. I've been to a writing convention and conversed with successfully published authors. It was a massive eye opener.

Comment

I meant original novels not relating to Terminator. There is a lot of original literature out there.

I'm too quick to judge fanfiction in comparison to my novels? What do you mean my novels? I'm not allowed to have a negative opinion of fanfiction? I interpret fanfiction as a fan of a TV show wanting to create their own stories. Rather than attempt to write a professional short story, novelette, or novel; they quickly write fan fiction and upload it to a website. Wether fanfiction is good or poor is irelavent, it is the format itself I take issue with.

When I read, it doesn't have to be a novel; but I do expect it to be professionally written. I say this as someone who plans to make a life-long career in the field of writing. I am in the process of crafting my first book. I've been to a writing convention and conversed with successfully published authors. It was a massive eye opener.
          I agree with you...but some on here start WWIII if you have a negative opinion about something that they love. IDK...I just try to see things from all sides.
          sigpic

Comment

Going to re-watch the first season again. I still think it's too bad it was canceled, and I'd love to see new episodes or a movie.

A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I tried to find a recent discussion, but the most recent one was from last year. Time for a new thread!

I've been rewatching the since July. With only 31 episodes, I've been taking my time to make it last. I'm down to ten episodes. It's awful, because I know it won't be building up to a finale, but rather... to a cliffhanger ending. Gah! One thing I did appreciate from the final episodes was the final showdown between Derek and Jesse. The set, lighting, music, acting; it was one of the best scenes. I wish there could have been more like this. Putting aside the obvious reason (low ratings), why do ya'll think the show was cancelled? I mean, why do you think people tuned out? The second season started out strong. After the defeat of Chromartie in "Mr. Ferguson is Ill Today," the show seemed to loose direction. They had no idea where the Turk was, who was building Skynet, and there was no longer a central Terminator villain. The show picked up momentum again in the seventeenth episode, "Ourselves Alone," but I think it was too late by then.

Comment

It's been a while since I've watched it, but I know that ratings suffered after the mid-season break in season two. The fact that it was moved to Fridays after the break didn't help matters, nor (in my opinion) did the fact that several of the episodes after the break were the "in Sarah's head" episodes that (in my opinion) were pretty dull. The episodes toward the end were quite strong (once Riley and Jesse were out of the picture). I really enjoyed the Ellison / John Henry / Weaver interactions.

I was frustrated that it got cancelled. It was a good continuation of the franchise (ignoring the third movie was a smart move), and I would have liked to have seen where else they would have taken it. When I think of what they could have done if they had used the budget for the fourth movie (or even just a fraction of it) and bankrolled a few more seasons of T:TSCC... well, I try not to, because it just makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
                  It's been a while since I've watched it, but I know that ratings suffered after the mid-season break in season two. The fact that it was moved to Fridays after the break didn't help matters, nor (in my opinion) did the fact that several of the episodes after the break were the "in Sarah's head" episodes that (in my opinion) were pretty dull. The episodes toward the end were quite strong (once Riley and Jesse were out of the picture). I really enjoyed the Ellison / John Henry / Weaver interactions.
                  It's been so long, I don't remember when the show aired. Often, I missed episodes and had to watch them online. What's so bad about airing on Friday nights? Always worked for Stargate. As for the in Sarah's head episodes, what are you talking about? There was only one, where she kept hallucinating/dreaming that she was in a sleep clinic. Are you talking about the search for the three dots? I liked Jesse and Riley, and when those two storylines came to an end, it made for some powerful episodes, no? I've noticed that sometimes; Ellison, Weaver, and John Henry totally disappear from an episode or a few in a row. Aren't they suppose to be regulars???

I was frustrated that it got cancelled. It was a good continuation of the franchise (ignoring the third movie was a smart move), and I would have liked to have seen where else they would have taken it. When I think of what they could have done if they had used the budget for the fourth movie (or even just a fraction of it) and bankrolled a few more seasons of T:TSCC... well, I try not to, because it just makes me sad.
                  I liked the third movie, but doing a TV show kind of necessitated ignoring it. According to that movie, nothing happened since T2, and then Judgment Day happens at the end of the movie. It was either no terminators, or take place in an expensive-to-produce apocalyptic future without Sarah Connor. So... yeah, the whole concept necessitated ignoring the movie. Though I really like T3, I was totally fine with this. The series and the movie were completely separate productions, so cancelling the movie and spending the money on the series was just never going to happen. The show was intended to premiere in the fall of 2007, and Judgement Day for the series was what... April, 2011? The show appeared to be aiming for a five-year-run, so there producers/writers had enough story laid out to last three more seasons. Frustrating!!!

Comment

And that redhead lady terminator played by the singer from Garbage was a hottie.. Those last two episodes were great.. Such a cliff hangar though.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      And that redhead lady terminator played by the singer from Garbage was a hottie..
                      Indeed. I liked the scene where Weaver's daughter was sad because John Henry wasn't there to sing with her, and Weaver said, "Maybe I can sing with you," and her daughter said, "You can't sing!" Not quite breaking the fourth wall, but certainly acknowledging it's there.

Comment

Indeed. I liked the scene where Weaver's daughter was sad because John Henry wasn't there to sing with her, and Weaver said, "Maybe I can sing with you," and her daughter said, "You can't sing!" Not quite breaking the fourth wall, but certainly acknowledging it's there.
                        You know I never noticed that scene now I have to go hunt my dvds down.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          And that redhead lady terminator played by the singer from Garbage was a hottie..
                          I found her quite unattractive. Different tastes I guess.

Comment

Does anyone know what the third season might have been about? All I know is that Danny Tyson would have played a role, and John might have spent more than one episode in the future. It's also been said this different Derek Reese, from a future where he never knew John Connor, would follow John back in time to the present day. What about Kyle Reese and Cameron? Would Sarah be reunited with a Kyle who never knew her and her son? Would John find Cameron's chip, or would he bring Allison Young back instead?

Comment

Don't hate me but Sarah Connor, the TV version annoys me.

I am binge watching the whole series again and a couple of things.

First off this Sarah Connor is really starting to annoy me......Has anyone else been annoyed by her character as the series progressed. She just grates on me sometimes and I wish Cameron would short out and neck snap her.

I noticed an error in the introduction to each episode.

The voice over says Skynet sent terminators back to kill John and to protect him? Skynet had nothing at all to do with sending good terminators back.....

Why does this show feel like a soap opera sometimes?

Comment

It's been so long, I don't remember when the show aired. Often, I missed episodes and had to watch them online. What's so bad about airing on Friday nights? Always worked for Stargate. As for the in Sarah's head episodes, what are you talking about? There was only one, where she kept hallucinating/dreaming that she was in a sleep clinic. Are you talking about the search for the three dots? I liked Jesse and Riley, and when those two storylines came to an end, it made for some powerful episodes, no? I've noticed that sometimes; Ellison, Weaver, and John Henry totally disappear from an episode or a few in a row. Aren't they suppose to be regulars???

I liked the third movie, but doing a TV show kind of necessitated ignoring it. According to that movie, nothing happened since T2, and then Judgment Day happens at the end of the movie. It was either no terminators, or take place in an expensive-to-produce apocalyptic future without Sarah Connor. So... yeah, the whole concept necessitated ignoring the movie. Though I really like T3, I was totally fine with this. The series and the movie were completely separate productions, so cancelling the movie and spending the money on the series was just never going to happen. The show was intended to premiere in the fall of 2007, and Judgement Day for the series was what... April, 2011? The show appeared to be aiming for a five-year-run, so there producers/writers had enough story laid out to last three more seasons. Frustrating!!!

Sorry to necro again

But the timeline from what I have read is

T1, T2, TSCC, then T3 and T4 Salvation

Comment

Working...
                                X