Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frak

Why does crap like Heroes keep getting a free pass
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Heroes is great! I definitely don't want it canacelled!
      My Story:
      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
        Heroes is great! I definitely don't want it canacelled!
        the ratings have been terrible
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Lets get back to foucsing on Sarah Connor Chronicles. I'm sure there are Heros and Knight Rider postings where you can vet about those shows. :-)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Lets get back to foucsing on Sarah Connor Chronicles. I'm sure there are Heros and Knight Rider postings where you can vet about those shows. :-)
            are you going to send a termintor after me??
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

35th Annual Saturn Awards Nominations Announced:

From The Academy of Science Fiction Fantasy & Horror Films:

(Please follow the link for the complete list.)

The show will take place on June 25 at a site to be announced.

Following are the Television categories:

Best Network Television Series

Fringe (Fox)
              Heroes (NBC)
              Life on Mars (ABC)
              Lost (ABC)
              Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fox)
              Supernatural (CW)

Best Syndicated/Cable Television Series

Battlestar Galactica (SCI FI)
              The Closer (TNT)
              Dexter (Showtime)
              Leverage (TNT)
              Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Cartoon Network)
              True Blood (HBO)

Best Presentation on Television

24: Redemption (Fox)
              The Andromeda Strain (A&E)
              Breaking Bad (AMC)
              Jericho (CBS)
              The Last Templar (NBC)
              The Librarian: The Curse of the Judas Chalice (TNT)

Best Actor in Television

Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad, AMC)
              Matthew Fox (Lost, ABC)
              Michael C. Hall (Dexter, Showtime)
              Timothy Hutton (Leverage, TNT)
              Edward James Olmos (Battlestar Galactica, SCI FI)
              Noah Wiley (The Librarian: The Curse of The Judas Chalice, TNT)

Best Actress in Television

Lena Headey (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Fox)

Jennifer Love Hewitt (The Ghost Whisperer, CBS)
              Evangeline Lilly (Lost, ABC)
              Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica, SCI FI)
              Anna Paquin (True Blood, HBO)
              Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer, TNT)
              Anna Torv (Fringe, ABC)

Best Supporting Actor in Television

Henry Ian Cusick (Lost, ABC)
              Thomas Dekker (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Fox)
              Michael Emerson (Lost, ABC)
              Josh Holloway (Lost, ABC)
              Adrian Pasdar (Heroes, NBC)
              Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes, NBC)

Best Supporting Actress in Television

Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter, Showtime)
              Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Fox)
              Yunjin Kim (Lost, ABC)
              Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost, ABC)
              Hayden Panettiere (Heroes, NBC)
              Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica, SCI FI)

Best Guest Starring Role in a Television Series

Kristen Bell (Heroes, NBC)
              Alan Dale (Lost, ABC)
              Kevin Durand (Lost, ABC)
              Robert Forster (Heroes, NBC)
              Jimmy Smits (Dexter, Showtime)
              Sonya Walger (Lost, ABC)

Best Television Series Release on DVD

Doctor Who: The Complete Fourth Series (BBC Warner)
              Heroes: Season 2 (Universal)
              Lost: The Complete Fourth Season (Walt Disney)
              Moonlight: The Complete Series (Warner)
              Reaper: Season One (Lionsgate)
              Torchwood: Season 2 (BBC Warner)
              The Tudors: The Complete Second Season(Paramount/Showtime)

Best Retro Television Series Release on DVD

Columbo: Mystery Movie Collection 1990 (Universal)
              Early Edition: Season One (Paramount)
              The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series (Universal)
              The Invaders: The First & Second Seasons (Paramount)
              Mission Impossible: The Fourth & Fifth Seasons (Paramount)
              Spaced: The Complete Series (BBC Warner)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

Henry Ian Cusick (Lost, ABC)

Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter, Showtime)
                Awesomeness! This is cool...and hopefully...it'll help convince Fox to keep the show!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  are you going to send a termintor after me??
                  Yes, Yes I will!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

This is great! I'm with you Carter, let's hope it helps convince Fox to renew the show.
                    Last edited by Vis Uban; 11 March 2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Fans have created a season 3 petition
                      http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...-season-3.html

Comment

The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Episode 2.20 - To the Lighthouse - Press Release

Spoiler:
                        A DARKER SIDE OF JOHN HENRY IS REVEALED ON “TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES” FRIDAY, MARCH 27, ON FOX

Fearing for her life, Sarah stashes John in a safe house. Cameron and Derek struggle to work together after she reveals a big secret. John Henry becomes compromised in the “To the Lighthouse” episode of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES airing Friday, March 27 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SCC-219) (TV-14 V)

Cast: Lena Headey as Sarah Connor; Thomas Dekker as John Connor; Summer Glau as Cameron; Brian Austin Green as Derek Reese; Richard T. Jones as James Ellison; Garret Dillahunt as John Henry; Shirley Manson as Catherine Weaver; Leven Rambin as Riley

Guest Cast: John De Vito as Young John; Dean Winters as Charley Dixon; Mackenzie Smith as Savannah; Gina Gallego as Dr. Martinez; Luisa Vitor as Receptionist; Massi Furlan as Delivery Man #2; Dominic Flores as Male Nurse; Shane Edelman as Matt Murch

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...de-221-to.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Fans have created a season 3 petition
                          http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...-season-3.html
                          Thanks for the link! Here's to hoping for a season 3.

Comment

Here is a Direct link to the petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/scc2009/

I think it may be a lost cause but who knows Fox could surprise me. I noticed that Fox did no promos for it when it came back and they really don't do any now and I watch Fox a bit I watch House and Bones and nothing but they heavily promoted Dollhouse before and some now that's what I am going on. I just hope they resolve the storyline but from what I read I don't think so. If they do pick it up I hope there is some thought about resolving the storyline and not waiting for Fox by the TPTB.
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I love this show, I just started watching it the other week and have caught up on all of the episodes.

One thing bothers me though, Cameron has been so underplayed. I mean honestly the only thing that got me into the series was the fact that Summer Glau was in it as she did an incredible job in Firefly and Serenity, and she's really the main reason that I've continued to watch. The dynamic between her and the Conner's is interesting and has soooo much potential, yet with the Riley plot I really feel like a huge chunk of Season 2 has been a waste.

I was just wondering if others agree that the focus of Season 2 should have been playing off of John and Cameron overcoming their distrust at least partially and developing a friendship? I understand the whole 'she's a terminator' thing driving her and the Conner's apart, yet she has saved them umpteen times. In fact what has Sarah done to protect John? It's been Cameron saving them both every time, while Sarah gets kidnapped or is out playing detective. John saved Sarah, but I can't really remember an example of Sarah saving John aside from the time that Cameron turned on them.

It just bums me out that the entire season up until last week was so Riley-centric, and now that she's dead anyway, it feels like a waste of time and potential. She was an annoying character, and while the dynamic that she brought to the show was interesting, it should have only lasted a few episodes. Quite frankly I would have preferred her suicide attempt to have happened after the events in Mexico, and for it to have been final. Let John feel guilt, but why does Cameron have to be dragged into every plot just to provoke more distrust for her? It'd be nice to see her getting some recognition.

I think that a third season would show exactly that, with Riley gone they could get over that and hopefully Jesse wouldn't interfere anymore. I think that the whole Riley thing is what killed the series TBH. It removed what could have been a much more interesting plot.

Still, I certainly hope that a third season of T: SCC is approved. It's a poor reflection of society when Americon idol rakes in 20,000,000 viewers with it's sheer pointlessness while more thought-provoking shows get dropped for only attracting a few million views.

Besides, with the new Terminator movie coming out soon, why not keep the series going? It's practically a several million dollar advertisement for the series, and shows that the franchise is still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                                I love this show, I just started watching it the other week and have caught up on all of the episodes.

One thing bothers me though, Cameron has been so underplayed. I mean honestly the only thing that got me into the series was the fact that Summer Glau was in it as she did an incredible job in Firefly and Serenity, and she's really the main reason that I've continued to watch. The dynamic between her and the Conner's is interesting and has soooo much potential, yet with the Riley plot I really feel like a huge chunk of Season 2 has been a waste.
                                Same here, I was a big Serenity and Firefly fan, and when I heard that Summer Glau was in the series, I decided to give the show a shot. She's one of the big reasons I continue to watch the show. By and large, Cameron is one of the most popular characters of the show, in fact, all the promos show her more often than not, and her character is almost completely ignored through Season 2. It never made any sense from my perspective. Really, for me, what made Season 1 was what I call the golden triangle of John, Sarah, and Cameron. Their interactions were always so interesting, and you could stick any member of the triangle with another, and a scene would work. That triangle was really lost in Season 2, mainly due to Riley and the mediocre plot of the Season.

I was just wondering if others agree that the focus of Season 2 should have been playing off of John and Cameron overcoming their distrust at least partially and developing a friendship? I understand the whole 'she's a terminator' thing driving her and the Conner's apart, yet she has saved them umpteen times. In fact what has Sarah done to protect John? It's been Cameron saving them both every time, while Sarah gets kidnapped or is out playing detective. John saved Sarah, but I can't really remember an example of Sarah saving John aside from the time that Cameron turned on them.
                                You're certainly not alone; I thought the show was going in that direction after the Season premiere, given the episode's ending, but then they went in an entirely different direction, a direction I think that was substantially inferior to what the premiere might have foreshadowed. And there's certainly precedent for John developing a friendship with a Terminator, given T2. And you're right, aside from overall strategy, Sarah hasn't done all that much to directly protect John; that's always up to Cameron, who you're also right, gets zero credit and plenty of mistrust.

It just bums me out that the entire season up until last week was so Riley-centric, and now that she's dead anyway, it feels like a waste of time and potential. She was an annoying character, and while the dynamic that she brought to the show was interesting, it should have only lasted a few episodes. Quite frankly I would have preferred her suicide attempt to have happened after the events in Mexico, and for it to have been final. Let John feel guilt, but why does Cameron have to be dragged into every plot just to provoke more distrust for her? It'd be nice to see her getting some recognition.
                                Yeah, ask anyone who knows me well, and you'd know just how much I like Riley, the character with no real purpose who seemed to be inordinately good at nearly getting John killed. She was just plain annoying, and the only time I really respected her was at her end. I think a few episodes would have been more than generous to finish her storyline. Enough to get the point across about the questions she raises for John, then get rid of her and let him deal with the fallout, but certainly not a whole Riley-centered season.

I think that a third season would show exactly that, with Riley gone they could get over that and hopefully Jesse wouldn't interfere anymore. I think that the whole Riley thing is what killed the series TBH. It removed what could have been a much more interesting plot.
                                ITA, right on the money.

Besides, with the new Terminator movie coming out soon, why not keep the series going? It's practically a several million dollar advertisement for the series, and shows that the franchise is still alive.
                                In fact, I think the upcoming movie is one of the series' best chance for renewal.

Great post by the way, I really enjoyed reading it. We think a lot alike.
                                Last edited by Vis Uban; 13 March 2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X