Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 month, 26 days until the Gathering Storm

(I dont know why I'm excited.. its going to take me at least another year to get that far )
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

Huh? I don't see an offer like that on amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
        Huh? I don't see an offer like that on amazon.
        I just found it while searching for books. It said something like 'this book is eligible for the 4 for 3 sale' and I clicked on the link. Here is a direct link and just do a search for what you want. It's only books under $10 though.
        sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm halfway through Wormwood now, and it is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING *thud*
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Just finished Kushiel's Mercy yesterday. It was a really good read.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
              1 month, 26 days until the Gathering Storm
              Thanks for the countdown. I soooo forgot to set mine.

Comment

Has anybody read the first chapter of TGS????? I have had it open on my computer, but for some reason I hesitate.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                  Has anybody read the first chapter of TGS?????
                  The prologue, you mean? I was under the impression that only Jordan's notes had been released (at one of the conventions), not the actual chapter itself. Either way, it's supposed to be epic, and from the descriptions of those that were in attendance, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                    Thanks for the countdown. I soooo forgot to set mine.
                    I only have 30 pages to go in THe Path of Daggers

1 month 2 days
                    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                    ---
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                      The prologue, you mean? I was under the impression that only Jordan's notes had been released (at one of the conventions), not the actual chapter itself. Either way, it's supposed to be epic, and from the descriptions of those that were in attendance, it is.
                      Nope, the prologue will be released sept. 17. I posted the link for the first chapter in the WoT thread.
                      sigpic

Comment

THeres a WOT thread?!
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                          Nope, the prologue will be released sept. 17. I posted the link for the first chapter in the WoT thread.
                          I see. I also see that it wasn't properly named.

I do not plan to read out of order, so I suppose I'll be waiting for the prologue, though I'm not sure I'll even read that in advance. The description itself gave me goosebumps; after reading it, in all its glory, I'm not sure I'd sleep until the novel was released.

Comment

Finished Path of Daggers last night Time for Winter's Heart
                            ---
                            sigpic

Comment

WOT is an unbelievably addicting series to read. I remember staying home from school for almost two weeks in middle school so I could read books 1-6 (all there was at the time). I have read each book within two days of release since. It is such a tragedy we'll never see the series as Jordan intended, but Sanderson will do well.
                              Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

I'm still dying for GRRM to finish A Dance with Dragons. But in the meantime, 'And Another Thing' is coming out in less than a month, so I have to read all of the hitchhiker's trilogy before that.
                                .../listens to gasps of shock from people that somehow hadn't heard THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE A NEW HITCHHIKERS BOOK EVEN THOUGH ADAMS IS DEAD!
                                Spoiler:
                                I actually think this is a good thing: the guy that' doing it, Eoin Colfer, is fantastic
                                /

And I am now hooked on transmetropolitan like nothing else in existence.
                                I also need to read Diamond Age and Ghost in the Shell 1.5
                                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                                Caboose: They could be worse?
                                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X