Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just re-read...yeah, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
      You can donate them here for the book sales they hold to raise money to buy new books. You can always donate to a thrift store or sell them to a used book store.
      I've only been to one public library that sold used books. They only wanted .50 for hardcovers and .25 for the paperbacks. A great deal all things considered but I was not interested in any of the books on the shelves. I recall seeing a couple of Steven Erikson and Jim Butcher books all in great condition. I don't remember what else they had but even at .50 I knew I would likely never read them.

Comment

Just finished the second book of the Outlander series "Dragonfly in Amber" and then immediately picked up "Voyager". I think I'm addicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Just finished the second book of the Outlander series "Dragonfly in Amber" and then immediately picked up "Voyager". I think I'm addicted.
          It's a good series, even the last two which I think are the weakest of them are still good reads.
          sigpic

Comment

I just read The Highwayman by R.A.Salvatore. Wich i thought was good

And i've just started The Runes Of The Earth The Last Chronicles Of Thomas Covenant. Im likeing it so far.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
              I just read The Highwayman by R.A.Salvatore. Wich i thought was good

And i've just started The Runes Of The Earth The Last Chronicles Of Thomas Covenant. Im likeing it so far.
              "She moved thru life not making a difference to anything or anybody", love that quote 2nd book Covenant series
              I read the Thomas Covenant series. "White Gold Wielder.. etc. Is this a new book, or part of the older series?
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                "She moved thru life not making a difference to anything or anybody", love that quote 2nd book Covenant series
                I read the Thomas Covenant series. "White Gold Wielder.. etc. Is this a new book, or part of the older series?
                I havent read the others, but if this book is anything to go by, i will.

I think its a newer one. Its set 10 years after Covenants death. Dr Linden Avery has gone back to The Land to rescue her son from Lord Foul.

Lord Foul is unmaking the very laws of nature and if he isnt stoped, he could destroy everything(A quote from the back of the book)
                sigpic

Comment

I havent read the others, but if this book is anything to go by, i will.

I think its a newer one. Its set 10 years after Covenants death. Dr Linden Avery has gone back to The Land to rescue her son from Lord Foul.

Lord Foul is unmaking the very laws of nature and if he isnt stoped, he could destroy everything(A quote from the back of the book)
                  OK that's new.
                  You should read the whole series . The quote I gave is the first line of one of the books. I think the second. I have always remember that quote.
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

OK that's new.
                    You should read the whole series . The quote I gave is the first line of one of the books. I think the second. I have always remember that quote.
                    I will as soon as i've finished this one.

You should get this one then, Im only a short way through but enjoying it

How many books in the other series?
                    sigpic

Comment

I will as soon as i've finished this one.

You should get this one then, Im only a short way through but enjoying it

How many books in the other series?
                      A trilogy:
                      Lord fouls bane
                      The illearth war
                      The powers that preserve.
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

A trilogy:
                        Lord fouls bane
                        The illearth war
                        The powers that preserve.
                        Giitu GB.
                        sigpic

Comment

Giitu GB.
                          There are 3 in the Chronicles
                          and then there are the second Chronicles: One Tree, the wounded land.....
                          Amazon.com will give you a list in Chronological order. I think I may have given them out of order
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

I just got my ordered copy of the picture book version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe last week to read to my little campers The illustrations are AWESOME. I can't wait till my Prince Caspian one comes in
                            "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Has anybody mentioned the Hunger Games? Great book and the second is supposed to be even better (comes out Sept. 1). It kind of has a 1984 feel to it, but it's not really anything like it.

I read the Vampire Academy books this week and I enjoyed them. I actually only liked the first book, but absolutely loved the series by the time the third book was finished.

I also started Wicked Lovely today and even though I'm not even halfway I love it so far.
                              sigpic

Comment

Katniss is my new favorite imaginary vegetable.

Comment

Working...
                                X