Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Emperor's Soul = Awesome

Comment

I've gone back to a series of Books that I had forgotten I had.

I am re-reading Galactic Bounty (Previously published as War World) by William C. Dietz.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Ok, need a wee bit of help here.

I'm currently reading Star Trek: Enterprise "The Romulan War: The Brave the Storm" by Michael A. Martin.

Enjoying it so far, but if some kind soul could point me in the direction of a story breakdown for the previous couple of novel in the Romulan War sequence, I'd be grateful.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Finished reading "The Technician" by Neal Asher. Solid book and definitely his best worked outside his "Agent Cormac" series.

Currently reading "With A single Spell" by Lawrence Watt-Evans.

Comment

I'm now re-reading 'Alien Bounty' by William C. Dietz.
            I should be re-reading 'Imperial Bounty', but for some reason I can not find my copy. But I will find it...

And I plan to re-read his 'Drifter' series at some point.

Comment

Both good series, I have all the books on my shelves

Finished reading "With a Single Spell". Good book, I always enjoy Watt-Evans's Esthtar books, they may not be the most deep books you'll ever read but they are always entertaining.

Next up is "Captains fury" by Jim Butcher.

Comment

I do like reading William C. Dietz. I also have some of his 'Legion' series.

Comment

Dietz is good though I think the quality of his work has gone down a bit. The legion of the Damned series was great for the first few books but now it just seems to drag on forever and I've pretty much lost all interest.

Comment

I like Dietz as a writer. He is on my list as a favourite. I've not read all the legion of the damned series. I only have a few.

Comment

I think I have all but the most recent one. I still tend to buy them when I run out of other stuff to read

Dietz wrote the first book I ever read in english "Drifter's run" so while he may not be a favorite of mine I still notice when ever he comes out with a new book

Comment

My first Sci-Fi book was 'Spaceship Medic' by Harry Harrison. I was 10.

Comment

Oh, well, if we're going that far back.

My first sci-fi book would probably have been one of Terrance Dicks's novelizations of a Doctor Who serial. Don't recall exactly which one though.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

That would've been one of the Target books then BruTak...?

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                              That would've been one of the Target books then BruTak...?
                              Indeedy yes.

Back in the dim and increasingly distant past of the 1970s, the Target books were the only way to experience old Doctor Who stories.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                Indeedy yes.

Back in the dim and increasingly distant past of the 1970s, the Target books were the only way to experience old Doctor Who stories.
                                I am aware of that being the case...

Comment

Working...
                                X