No announcement yet.

Transformers Movie Series News/Discussion SPOILERS POSSIBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't object much to her being in the movie, she has more business being there than many others. The role of being the love interest to the main human character/female friend of the autobots has already been filled in the past by Carly. I thought Shia and Megan were both OK , but they should be secondary characters.

But seriously how many other characters added nothing to the story? Most of them contribute only annoying comic relief.

The roommate? Yep. John Turturro's character? Yep. The Twins? Hell yes. Even Bumblebee's significance was minimal. That's basically the entire cast of main characters.

But what was much much worse than that, is what they did to the characters that SHOULD have been the focus. The Autobots were so unimportant to this movie it was sickening. They could have been cut completely and nothing would have been lost. I saw them once in a blink and you'll miss it scene. They weren't even given names. I literally did not know who any of them were except for Ironhide and Ratchet, who I caught only the tiniest of glimpses of in 1 or 2 scenes. And possibly Arcee. But she appeared twice for a couple seconds each throughout the film.

Starscream had 5 lines of dialogue. That's a glorified cameo. There is no possible way you could ever justify that. None. This isn't a minor detail in the movie either. That's a huge flaw. It's like if the Ark of Truth and Continuum had only a cameo of SG-1. Even Optimus Prime himself appeared only at the beginning and the end!

The primary plot of the movie was Sam, Mikaela, the idiot roommate, the two possibly racist idiotbots, the fired government agent that lives with his mother, the perverted tiny leg humper-bot, and a mute Autobot searching for something across the globe. Half that time the film felt like it as a lowbrow teen sex comedy not a movie about Autobots and Decepticons.

The Decepticons were reduced to an enormous nameless horde of largely identical space monsters. Most of them didn't appear to even be intelligent beyond mindless beasts, much less have any personalities at all. The final skirmish with the Decepticons mostly is about the American military decimating the bad guys with relative ease, instead of, you know, "the Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons."

And maybe you guys could, but when Optimus finally faced off against the Fallen (who also barely appeared much) I couldn't even try to realistically interpret the 80 second anticlimax of a fight that appeared on screen. It was all a big blurry chaotic mess to me.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 29 December 2009, 03:00 AM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
      Is it wrong that I was bothered by the fact that this movie was marketed to children? Same with Iron Man, both of those movies were definitely not for the kiddies but they were promoted the hell out of for the 7-13 age group.
      You have to remember the original Transformers fans are in their 30s and 40s since it started back in the 80s. So, I would think it wasn't targeted at the 7-13 year-old age range as much as you think.

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
      i like her character ,but i heard they might not make a new movie because of the way Megan Fox treated people on the set of Tranformers 2 ?, but i would definitely love to see another one
      Meh...I think they'd just cut her out of the 3rd movie. Transformers bring in money...they are not gonna scrap a cash cow because of an overly tanned bimbo.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
        Spoilered for length.
        Spoiler:
        One of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I mean it.
        You obviously haven't seen 'Meet The Spartans'.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Also the thing that still instantly bugs me on sight is when Jetfire brings Sam and the others to Egypt and then some how Bumblebee, Skids and Mudflap just appear there.......even though they weren't there when Jetfire was introduced...............idiotic.
        Actually, they were. They dropped them off at the Musieum, chances are, they went out back when they realized Jetfire was walking through planes.

What did annoy me about that scene though, is how Bumblebee, Skids and Mudflap didn't transform and talk to Jetfire, they just stuck in their car-shapes and did..... nothing. I mean? Duh!?

I would have hoped Transformers 3 would be better, but the main two actors who did T1 & T2 aren't coming back for T3, instead, T3 has one known writer at the moment, and he is the one who put all the... unnecessary jokes in T2.

Not feeling too optimistic at the moment.
        sigpic
        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
          You obviously haven't seen 'Meet The Spartans'.
          Amen to that one...

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
          I would have hoped Transformers 3 would be better, but the main two actors who did T1 & T2 aren't coming back for T3, instead, T3 has one known writer at the moment, and he is the one who put all the... unnecessary jokes in T2.

Not feeling too optimistic at the moment.
          The two main actors aren't coming back? Where did you read this? Sources please.
          sigpic

Comment

Aerilon meant the writers Orci and Kurtsman....both have said they aren't returning....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              Aerilon meant the writers Orci and Kurtsman....both have said they aren't returning....
              Even with them gone, I am still optimistic about this film. I am going to hopefully remain that way.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Even with them gone, I am still optimistic about this film. I am going to hopefully remain that way.
                Optimism is the best thing!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Optimism is the best thing!
                  It usually works for me pretty well.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    It usually works for me pretty well.
                    Same here!
                    sigpic

Comment

I think the new movie would have been better if Mr.Prime stayed dead... it kinda killed the mood for me when they just brought him back.

Oh well though.

Overall it was a good film. I'm on my 4th watch in a row right now... not because I love the film... but because I'm to lazy to get up and change the movie

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        I think the new movie would have been better if Mr.Prime stayed dead... it kinda killed the mood for me when they just brought him back.

Oh well though.

Overall it was a good film. I'm on my 4th watch in a row right now... not because I love the film... but because I'm to lazy to get up and change the movie
                        Dude...you sound like me. LOL. I might have a Transformers Marathon today...since nothing else is on.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh well though.

It was fine Optimus coming back but i didn't like how Jetwash (?) got assembled over him.
                          I Said I'd Never Let You Go, And I Never Did. I Said I'd Never Let You Fall, And I Always Meant It.....♥♪♫
                          sigpicStargate Atlantis - Allies read the fanfic by Garrowan5th and PuddlejumperOz herehttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ht=garrowan5th

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJumper View Post
                            It was fine Optimus coming back but i didn't like how Jetwash (?) got assembled over him.

Don't you mean Jetfire?

Oh and also how can you be in the air and space museum one moment, knock down the back wall and suddenly be in the aircraft graveyard, which is supposed to be some distance away.....
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I think they were hoping we wouldn't notice....that 'goof' didn't really bother me.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                The two main actors aren't coming back? Where did you read this? Sources please.
                                Whoops.. Yes, the writers, not the actors. Sorry. haha. Thanks for the correction there Dr Lee.

The same could be said for Megatron in the first. They bring him back in the second, they bring Optimus back in the second, poor old Jazz.

To be fair, Optimus is the main (or one of the main) characters. To kill him off for good, I don't think would work. They're always going to need a Prime, and so it seems, Optimus is the last of them (even though they've not mentioned Rodimus or Alpha)? - The only two I remember.

Originally posted by JennyJumper View Post
                                haha, Jetwash. Classic!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Oh and also how can you be in the air and space museum one moment, knock down the back wall and suddenly be in the aircraft graveyard, which is supposed to be some distance away.....
                                I think they were hoping we wouldn't notice....that 'goof' didn't really bother me.
                                Its obvious. Jetwash had a teleporter, which he used correctly very very quickly, and you'd miss it if you blinked.
                                sigpic
                                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Working...
                                X