Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dresden Files (spoilers for all episodes)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    I can't work out quite what's going on with Murphy. She seems to know Harry's a wizard yet she doesn't seem to believe in magic/that he can do magic etc?
    The impression I get now is I think she considers him some sort of benignly eccentric occult expert claiming to be a wizard although certainly not believing to actually be one as she doesn't seem to believe magic exists like most people. Useful and knowledged enough she keeps hiring him, despite belieivng he's got a few more bats in the belfry than the norm.

Then again, she's also seen some bizarro stuff which can pass off as mundane, but skirting unexplainable (last ep and the guy disappearing out the window, the dreams about Harry and the "miracles" in the second ep, etc). She knows Harry knows more than he's telling her, but like most people in Dresdenverse, doesn't believe magic exists and her rational mind isn't going to jump to disappearing guy out of the window = badass demon.

What I'm waiting for - if it ever happens in the tv series and I really hope it does - is something en par to the evil faerie showdown in Wal-Mart. Something where Murphy is scared out of her wits and gets a full dose of bizarro supernatural impossible to be explained any other way than bizarro supernatural. Also something, or anything, where Harry has to finally come clean. I'm waiting for the coming clean mostly, but also something that brings out Murphy's vulnerability full on. I liked TV!Murphy the best at the end of the Boone episode where she shows up in the non-professional facet and flat-out tells him she knows he's lying about something she just doesn't know what (or she doesn't want to admit it to herself. I got the impression that, on some level, she did consider those dreams may have been something more than just dreams).

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the tough cop chick, but as TV!Murphy is at the moment and for the majority? She's kind of static. The scene in the Boone ep, the tough chick was still there, but I also got a hint of betrayal, hurt and a tinge of fear. Basically, TV!Murphy needs some more emotional layers and I hope they give them to her sooner rather than later, preferably by way of a rude awakening per Harry's freaky world.

Comment

It took a LOT before Book Harry finally came clean with Book Murph. His feeling before then was that he was protecting her by not giving her info that could be dangerous to her. But yeah, I'm happier now that Book Murph knows everything.

Comment

So far...I'm enjoying the show! I'm liking that there is yet another show about the metaphysical out there! I hope it picks up speed a little...I'd like to see this one last!!! Especially since the CW axed Charmed and kept that horrid Seventh Hell.
        sigpic

Comment

I for one am really liking the way the show is progressing. The first episode was most certainly not a strong bit of storytelling and subsequent episodes have had issues too. In my opinion though, they've been getting steadily better which I think says a lot. Everyone is judging every aspect of the show on the basis of 4 episodes (well, 4 have aired here in the U.S.), which, like I said in my opinion keep getting better. It is so rare for a show to be like Heroes where it's a runaway hit right off the bat. Shows need time to find their strides which is exactly what I think Dresden Files is doing. I'm reminded of Star Trek: TNG, actually. My fiance and I are watching the first season on DVD right now and most of the episodes are just plain cheesy. Not the greatest storytelling. But the great thing about that show is that the fans and network gave it a chance and as the series grew older, the stories got so much better (again, IMO) and it turned into 7 seasons which is wonderful! Personally, I'm more than willing to give this show a chance. I agree with the people that say the show has a lot of untapped potential and it's getting better weekly. I for one think a little patience to see where the show is going is not too much to ask for.

And I honestly don't see the male Charmed aspect. Is it just because there's magic that people say that?

Sorry for the rant. I just see so much criticism towards a show that hasn't even hit it's stride yet but is trying hard to get there.

Carry on...
          Last edited by JuneBug625; 25 February 2007, 07:37 AM.
          "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Annnnd.....tonight should be the original (but edited) pilot episode. It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Edit: annnnd, it appears today's ep isn't the original pilot- wasn't that one supposed to be aired fifth, and we've had four already right?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Annnnd.....tonight should be the original (but edited) pilot episode. It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Edit: annnnd, it appears today's ep isn't the original pilot- wasn't that one supposed to be aired fifth, and we've had four already right?
              They switched it to 8th, unfortunately. I think it's supposed to air around March 18th or so in the U.S.
              "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

At this rate the show might be cancelled before we ever see the pilot ep.

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625 View Post
                  They switched it to 8th, unfortunately. I think it's supposed to air around March 18th or so in the U.S.
                  Is this ever confusing.....according to the SPACE website this was episode 1X07.....but that just might be the production number.

Comment

Well, tonight's ep had elements from Storm Front in it (at least in regards to 3-eye), but the whole wizwhore thing is getting tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      but the whole wizwhore thing is getting tedious.
                      Agreed, it's getting old quick.

I haven't seen last nights episode yet but I've got it recorded, I'll have to watch it tomorrow.
                      Actor
                      [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625 View Post
                        *headdesk* Would it kill them to show the season in order?

Tell me about it.

Comment

Noooo kidding.....does Harry NEVER get male clients?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Noooo kidding.....does Harry NEVER get male clients?
                            His client in ep 2 was a male.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              His client in ep 2 was a male.
                              In ep1 too. Although it's still kind of funny lovely ladies got involved eventually, thus spurning Harry on all the more (Scott's pretty mommy and Murphy got possessed). Funnier still that kid in the first ep practically had to run to Harry literally begging and crying for help before he actually took him seriously. Considering the show's run so far, I'd wonder if Scott was actually Scottette, legal and a Victoria Secrets model he would have been much quicker to act.

Comment

If Crow Boy had been Crow Girl, Harry wouldn't have needed badgering in order to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X