Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope, not yet, i'm getting it next weekend. I'm looking forward to Mark of Chaos too

Comment

I have Dark Crusade but I dont play online...mostly because I hate playing online with my internet

however being able to nuke Tau and Necrons with my Chaos army is just <3

but the new sorcerer voise sucks majorly though T_T why couldent they have made it like winter assult where the sorcerer had a different voise for the story mode yet in multiplayer had the original one...

his original DoW voise was great T_T

Comment

actually i can't get it until the 11th of November, while everyone else in the world has it now anyone tried out the grey knights yet?

Comment

Grey Knights are quite good IMO. Put a force commander with them and they are very formidable. Once you get the upgrade they can almost instantly zoom into close combat, plus they have a psychic power which, from what I've seen/done, instantly kills all units in the targeted squad.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
          Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
          Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

not bad, i'll have to wait a couple of weeks to play it though, have fun playng it for me

Comment

Well, I can barely play it as I have exams soon...in hindsight it probably would've been better if I waited and bought it after exams...oh well...sending hordes of necrons into cowering imperial guardsmen is good stress relief

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"

Comment

Originally posted by shovar View Post
                actually i can't get it until the 11th of November, while everyone else in the world has it now anyone tried out the grey knights yet?
                very good for when you get them (they are teir 2 units)

they have good melee and shooting damage...aong with a skill that makes them charge into close combat realy damn fast

and a very powerfull psychic attack that can OHKO most infantry

however you are only limited to one unit...and they arnt grey knight terminators so they loose a few coolpoints

oh and of coarse they slaughter Deamons so damn fast it isnt even funny (and in Dow that Means anything classified as a daemon like the Kroot Greater Knarlock even if fluff wise it isnt a daemon)

Comment

When using Tau do you ever use the Keyoun centre and use kroot units? To me, theyre not that good...but I haven't used em much as I prefer hammerheads and crisis suits.

Comment

Kroot useless Bah

Kroot are essential in a Tau force no ifs or buts about it as cannon fodder and to keep people from meleeing your firewarriors (who in Melee could get beaten by a drunk gaursmen with one arm tied behind his back) that and with feral leap are great at tieing units up in close combat

Krootox and Kroot hounds are DAMN good units and IMO far better than crisis suits(which lack the ability to heal at all)

Kroothounds can tear through heavy and light infantry like no tommorow

and the Krootox is a damn tank the thing does close to 500ish melee damage and arround 200 odd ranged damage...and the hp the thing gets :X

the Greater Knarlock is a good damage sponge as well

also you get upgrades for your regular Tau units as well -_-

to me the only good thing about the other outpost is the hammerheads and those are limited to 2 at a time

Comment

I'm actually starting to think that way...I looked at the greater knarloc and it had a whopping 27000 health...and Kroot are a great deal more durable/effective as I had previously thought, it's still a hard descision though as just the 2 hammerheads make a huge difference.

Comment

You guys gotta see this.

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/721347/

28mm scale

Comment

Thats so cool...I have to find some way to incorperate them...maybe I could use the jaffa as some gue'la for my tau...or maybe start a guard army and use SG-1 as sergents

Comment

Use Schaefers last chancers rules for SG-1 and play a kill team mission with the Jaffa as goon Squads.

You can play out SG-1 missions in 40k.

I hope this line takes off and they produce things like Goa'uld lords and maybe even vehicles. I'll do a whole army of Goa'uld and just proxy them for a current list.

I'm not sure which one would fit the best though. Guard wouldn't work and marines are too uber to be Jaffa, maybe Witchunters?

They use mostly infantry with str4 weapons, have faith based rules and human statlines without a heavy emphasis on special or heavy weapons. You could even use Deathcult assassins to represent those Goa'uld assassins, and you could take imperial navy aircraft as Deathgliders. Representing the Goa'uld himself might be a bit tricky though.

Comment

Sweet! SG-1 and Warhammer 40K in one game? Suh-weet!

If they decide to go all the way with Stargate characters, do you think
                              that Forge World will make Air units like Wraith Darts, Death Gliders, and
                              F-302s? I would LOVE that!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X