Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To tell the truth, I've been a bit out of the loop where warhammer is concerned lately, are there any major things going on right now, or in the near future/past?

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

the last big thing to happen was the Medusa V campain

I didnt realy keep up with it though but you can look at the official website to find out what happened

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky View Post
        To tell the truth, I've been a bit out of the loop where warhammer is concerned lately, are there any major things going on right now, or in the near future/past?
        New Codex for Eldar comes out next month, that's the main thing. Also chances are there was a prince increase since the last time you looked.

I swear one time I was in the store and took an abnormally long blink and all the $12 dollar blisters changed to $14 dollar ones.

Comment

I'm actually surprised that there's only been 1 price increase lately...Why do they keep increasing prices...they were a bit expensive when I started but now it's just ridiculous...I mean, it cost's me AU$50 for a single broadside...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
            god that is annoying thankfully at our stores we can only use special characters if your opponent is
            Ahh yes, the way it should be. I've met at least two seperate guys here that basically build their Necron army from the C'tan down. They'll put the C'tan in then decide what else they want.

It's not that I think it's overpowered necessarily it's just annoying to see a special character used that way. I mean it would be nice if I could use the essentially unkillable saint celestine in my WH army in every game in leiu of a canoness to. She's basically 201 points that you don't get Vps for unless you "kill her" for good. The catch? She respawns after she's dead if she can pass a LD test, and she's LD10. She's also got better stats than a canoness hit and run, an extra 6" jetbike type move in the assault phase in addition to her jump-pack and her own flamer. Oh and when she comes back to life she deepstrikes anywhere on the table.

Yeah wouldn't mind having that in every game.

other Cheesy tactics are the 6 carnifex tyranid army and the Slaanesh Deamon siren bomb army
            Siren is the single most properly broken thing in the entire game. The only other thing that even comes close is the ultramarine character with the 24" "Fear of Darkness" that can break a whole tau army off the table in one turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky View Post
              I'm actually surprised that there's only been 1 price increase lately...Why do they keep increasing prices...they were a bit expensive when I started but now it's just ridiculous...I mean, it cost's me AU$50 for a single broadside...
              They do it because there's still legions of fanboys out there who'll pay it willingly and actually defend it's legitimacy in an argument with you if you say it's too expensive.

Basically they do it because they can.

Comment

That's the biggest problem with necrons, ppl tend to just pick a c'tan and not really care what else they have. Most times in friendly games we tend to forget that stuff about using special characters...I've just had a lot of bad experiences against a Nightbringer with only a lord, a couple of destroyers and the rest of the 2000 pts made up of necron warriors...lol, made me jaded towards necrons...

Comment

Hrm, mines actually immortal based, but I also sculptured various things for it like C'tan Star-spawn. There is a C'tan model I made too, but I dont really use it much in the army.

I guess each to their own though, I love death-robots personally and they suit the term perfectly. Gonna go listen to some Wraith Cataclysm now
                  Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                  Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    Armies

Guard
                    Dark Eldar
                    Chaos
                    Lost and the Damned
                    Tyranids
                    Witchunters

Of all of those my favorite is either my Witchunters or my Chaos. Both of them are heavily converted and personalized with numerous uniquely build characters/vehicles etc.

I've got (converted) a Valkyrie for my guard and a Raven for my Dark Eldar.

One of the best uses for flyers actually is going after the opposing indirect fire tanks like Basilisks or Defilers. I've done it a few times, especially with the Raven.
                    Isn't the Raven an Air-to-air fighter only? Because for the Guard I know
                    that the lightning fighter that I posted earlier is an Air-to-air fighter.

Can Air-to-air fighters engage ground units?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
                      Isn't the Raven an Air-to-air fighter only? Because for the Guard I know
                      that the lightning fighter that I posted earlier is an Air-to-air fighter.

Can Air-to-air fighters engage ground units?
                      40k doesn't really have a regular set of rules for air to air combat fights between fighters. I think forgeworld came up with some dogfighting rules but the actual legality and, more importantly, balance of them is questionable.

All flyers can attack ground targets, the lightning and Raven included. The main use for these cheap fighters actually tends to be shooting enemy tanks in their weaker side or rear armours with things like lascannons and dark lances.

Since line of sight can never be blocked for a flyer the tank can never get hull down or be out of sight either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                        40k doesn't really have a regular set of rules for air to air combat fights between fighters. I think forgeworld came up with some dogfighting rules but the actual legality and, more importantly, balance of them is questionable.

All flyers can attack ground targets, the lightning and Raven included. The main use for these cheap fighters actually tends to be shooting enemy tanks in their weaker side or rear armours with things like lascannons and dark lances.

Since line of sight can never be blocked for a flyer the tank can never get hull down or be out of sight either.

I love the sound of that: there is no escape from the flyers! I'm disappointed that the Space Marines don't get very many cool-looking flyers. The Thunderhawk being an exception.

Good tank strategy. Want to know this? The Predator Annihilator tank for the Space Marines is
                        hard to kill, but I know one weak spot: Attack it from the rear. The tank's armor points on the
                        front is 13 pts, the sides are 11 points, but the rear area is only 10 points. One lucky Lascannon
                        shot in that area should turn the tank into a pile of rubble.
                        sigpic

Comment

A lascannon hit to the back armour would be incredibly unlucky for it not to blow it up, but...that's happened to me a great many more times than I'd care to admit...I seem to have better luck taking out armour 10 tanks with pulse rifles...

Comment

another thread i din't know about.

I've been collecting Warhammer for 10 years now.
                            I've got 6,000 points of Blood Angels
                            and 2,000 points of Raven Guard.
                            I also have a 3,000 point Cadian Army and 1,000 points of daemon hunters.
                            I've also had eldar, tau, tyranid, chaos, ork, and
                            necron armies in the past, but i've sold them on.
                            I haven't bought any models in ages, due to the prices being so expensive.

and in relation to necrons, i haven't lost once to them, even with nightbringer and the deciever in the armies, i have very shooty manouverable armies. I do like 9 lascannon shots a turn, pretty much destroys the biggest, baddest units on the field every time.

I also collect Fantasy.

i've got 4,000 points of high elves
                            2,000 points of dwarfs
                            2,000 points of vampire counts
                            and 2,000 points of empire

Comment

Here's my Dark Angels Army along with a Klingon Bird of Prey
                              from Star Trek, which both work along quite well.

Green Army!
                              sigpic

Comment

Anyone else have Dawn of War: Dark Crusade?

Comment

Working...
                                X