X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Yes, done it a few times.

The bigger the table the more useful they become.
    What air units do you have for your army? Which army do you have?
    Have you ever attacked an enemy tank with a bomber?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
      Yes it's really nice stuff, real shame about the price though. GW prices in general have gotten way out of line these past few years, especially here in Canada.
      Yeah, haha, alot of it is just "looking and drooling" iv not bought much from them at all. GW's own stuff too is expensive I agree, I wish they'd at least release more plastic box sets like a box of six immortals or something. 6 pounds for one immortal is nuts : /
      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I haven't played the game but have read all about it and all its history and characters, and it sounds cool to me.

I think they should make a series or a 3 part movie out of it like Matrix or Lord Of The Rings.
        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

3 movies wouldent be able to do much of any thing with the 40k background

and if they used Tyranids people would be screaming OMG THEY RIPPED OF STARCRAFT!!!!! -_-

despite the fact Tyranids have been arround far long than SC has...

oh and Forge world models... I know some one with the Tau Manta Missile destroyer god that thing is huge (and the price makes me wanna vomit)

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
            3 movies wouldent be able to do much of any thing with the 40k background

and if they used Tyranids people would be screaming OMG THEY RIPPED OF STARCRAFT!!!!! -_-

despite the fact Tyranids have been arround far long than SC has...

oh and Forge world models... I know some one with the Tau Manta Missile destroyer god that thing is huge (and the price makes me wanna vomit)
            Well, the Zerg and Tyranids resemble one type of bug race:
            THE STARSHIP TROOPERS BUGS!!! So, I wouldn't be surprised if there
            were more types of bug alien races in future science fiction media.
            sigpic

Comment

Nids have characteristics of the Xenomorphs from the alien movies as well not just the arachnids

and most people I know sadly have never knew that SST was originaly a (great) book and just think of the god awfull movies T_T

the SST CGI series was good though IMO it had some great characters something both movies lacked among other things >_>

Comment

kharn the betrayer,

What's your opinion on the Tau? Are they a good race to play as?
                sigpic

Comment

Tau..bleh I hate them

them and Necrons are tied for my least fav race

I like the Kroot and Vespids though funnily enougth

Tau just bore me to no end(fluff/look and gameplay wise)

Comment

ok,

Which race/faction is your favorite?

Mine, just in case you didn't catch it earlier,

is the Space Marines Dark Angels.

The Tau are a young race, which would explain why they aren't the best
                    race compared to the Eldar or Dark Eldar.
                    sigpic

Comment

i said in one of my earlier posts

my favs are my highly customized Chaos army and Tyranids

and Dark Eldar are one of the most underrated armys at the moment (expecially compaired to Tau/Necrons and those sissy black templars)

Black templars are the other faction I hate...I cant stand the fluff and why the hell do Space marines need ANOUTHER chapter devoted to close combat... and the badass space wolves and the psychotic blood angels enougth...

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                        i said in one of my earlier posts

my favs are my highly customized Chaos army and Tyranids

and Dark Eldar are one of the most underrated armys at the moment (expecially compaired to Tau/Necrons and those sissy black templars)

Black templars are the other faction I hate...I cant stand the fluff and why the hell do Space marines need ANOUTHER chapter devoted to close combat... and the badass space wolves and the psychotic blood angels enougth...
                        For your Chaos marines, do you have one of those HUGE badass
                        tank-sized monstrous creatures?
                        sigpic

Comment

I have 1 greater Deamon(the great unclean one) and thats only because it was a gift

the only deamons I use are my Possessed marines and thats not very othen

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
                            What air units do you have for your army? Which army do you have?
                            Have you ever attacked an enemy tank with a bomber?
                            Armies

Guard
                            Dark Eldar
                            Chaos
                            Lost and the Damned
                            Tyranids
                            Witchunters

Of all of those my favorite is either my Witchunters or my Chaos. Both of them are heavily converted and personalized with numerous uniquely build characters/vehicles etc.

I've got (converted) a Valkyrie for my guard and a Raven for my Dark Eldar.

One of the best uses for flyers actually is going after the opposing indirect fire tanks like Basilisks or Defilers. I've done it a few times, especially with the Raven.

This is very true. If you meet someone who's still playing Dark Eldar these days chances are you're about to lose to him. It's a nasty, nasty, army in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing with it.

The learning curve can be brutal, but it's rewarding at the end.

As far as armies I don't like it's got to be Necrons. They're just so boring to play against that I try to avoid it if possible. I'd rather play marines again for the millionth time than have to play Necrons if I've got my choice.

Then there's the whole thing with so many of the players using the C'tans as if they were just any other HQ choice. If you're ever going to see a player overusing a special character chances are it's going to be a Necron player with a Nightbringer.

No other army in the game seems to have the same sort of "it's jsut a unit I can use it" outlook on special characters that Necrons do.

I mean when was the last time you saw Fabius bile, Yarrick, Calgar or even Abbadon on the table?

I see a C'tan in like every third or fourth Necron army I come across.

Comment

Tau would easily crush the Imperium if they had the numbers...thats just my opinion though, as they actually understand their technology...Although, I must say that I greatly dislike necrons...I mean, a 50% chance of getting up...lol, but you've gotta love the Nightbringer. One game it moved across the entire board to my lines, btw i was tau so i didnt exactly charge, with me firing at it with rail guns every turn...The turn before it would've gotten into combat i fired EVERY weapon in my army at it which was at least 5 railguns, 48 pulse rifles and a bunch of other stuff and I only took off 4 of its wounds...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                              Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                              Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Tau need more than just numbers thay need better warp technology(theirs is basicly non existant)

as it currently stands ORKS have better travel capibilaties than Tau do...

plus the Tau think they KILLED slannesh >_>

This is very true. If you meet someone who's still playing Dark Eldar these days chances are you're about to lose to him. It's a nasty, nasty, army in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing with it.
                                we have a Dark Eldar player at my store and it is very amusing to see people (who have absolutly no idea how to face dark eldar dew to them being so damn rare) get their ass's kicked

Then there's the whole thing with so many of the players using the C'tans as if they were just any other HQ choice. If you're ever going to see a player overusing a special character chances are it's going to be a Necron player with a Nightbringer.

No other army in the game seems to have the same sort of "it's jsut a unit I can use it" outlook on special characters that Necrons do.

I mean when was the last time you saw Fabius bile, Yarrick, Calgar or even Abbadon on the table?
                                god that is annoying thankfully at our stores we can only use special characters if your opponent is

but the Necron codex states that the 2 c'tan are special characters and not ''just anouther unit'' expecialy with the ammount of crazy special rules they have

last time some one tried that...the store manager kicked their ass with his baneblade >

other Cheesy tactics are the 6 carnifex tyranid army and the Slaanesh Deamon siren bomb army

both are very cheesy

Comment

Working...
                                X