No announcement yet.

Buffy/Angel Season by Season Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think season 2 is probably one of my fav seasons. angel was great, but we also got spike and dru and they are brilliant characters. i liked the majority of the episodes in season 2

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Those last few minutes of "Becoming" still get me to this day. That was a beautiful song they used.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I still find it funny that Joss was woried that David wouldn't be able to
        Spoiler:
        play Angelus as evil as he had envisioned(sp?), bet he was surprised!
        IMO he always played Angelus better than he did Angel.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
          I still find it funny that Joss was woried that David wouldn't be able to
          Spoiler:
          play Angelus as evil as he had envisioned(sp?), bet he was surprised!
          IMO he always played Angelus better than he did Angel.
          *shivers*
          Spoiler:
          Angelus was actually really creepy, David was perfect for the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            *shivers*
            Spoiler:
            Angelus was actually really creepy, David was perfect for the role.
            Yep, he was always
            Spoiler:
            my favourite Buffy villain just because he, unlike most of the others, actually creeped me out

I always thought that *Spoiler for Buffy S2 and Angel S4*
            Spoiler:
            Angelus was quite different in Angel S4 to what we saw in Buffy S2, perhaps it was him being in the cage, perhaps it was just down to the crew changing their styles as they got into the shows more. I can't state a preference, they were equally good, but at the same time, quite different.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
              Yep, he was always
              Spoiler:
              my favourite Buffy villain just because he, unlike most of the others, actually creeped me out

I always thought that *Spoiler for Buffy S2 and Angel S4*
              Spoiler:
              Angelus was quite different in Angel S4 to what we saw in Buffy S2, perhaps it was him being in the cage, perhaps it was just down to the crew changing their styles as they got into the shows more. I can't state a preference, they were equally good, but at the same time, quite different.
              Haven't seen Buffy S2, but in Angel S4
              Spoiler:
              I really liked those scenes of Angelus in the cage, he just did so much emotional damage to everyone- and was insanly evil. S4 had it's ups and downs, but that was definitly a high point.

Comment

Angelus also made a breif appearance in Season 1 of Angel

Spoiler:
                when Angel got drugged and Angelus took controll for a short ammount of time)

but my highlights for Angel other than Doyle was

Spoiler:
                when Wesley broke Faith out of prison to fight Angelus... or Just when ever faith showed up in general and seeing her put conner in his place was great(god I hated S4 conner and most of S4 in general)

Comment

Haven't seen Buffy S2.
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again. See Buffy. Once you do, everything makes more sense, IMO. Not only that but you'll appreciate some of the other characters more like Faith, Spike, Cordelia and Wesley, etc.

And you'll also grow to love the characters that didn't make appearances on Angel like Xander and Giles.

Season 2 was one of the best seasons, if not the best season Buffy ever did in it's seven years.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again. See Buffy. Once you do, everything makes more sense, IMO. Not only that but you'll appreciate some of the other characters more like Faith, Spike, Cordelia and Wesley, etc.

And you'll also grow to love the characters that didn't make appearances on Angel like Xander and Giles.

Season 2 was one of the best seasons, if not the best season Buffy ever did in it's seven years.
                    Would it be worth buying season two if I haven't seen season one? Or do I need to see the first season?

Comment

Would it be worth buying season two if I haven't seen season one? Or do I need to see the first season?
                      I'd definately suggest seeing Season One first. The First Season is pretty short (13 episodes compared to the regular 22 episode Seasons) and not as deep as Season Two and all the other Seasons (except "Prophecy Girl"). But, it was still a fun season.

You're going to want to see the origin of basically everything before going into (the amazing) Season 2.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                        I'd definately suggest seeing Season One first. The First Season is pretty short (13 episodes compared to the regular 22 episode Seasons) and not as deep as Season Two and all the other Seasons (except "Prophecy Girl"). But, it was still a fun season.

You're going to want to see the origin of basically everything before going into (the amazing) Season 2.
                        Hmmm.....might be the thing to ask for for Christmas.

*cough*orbuyasgiftforself*cough*

Comment

My local library has season 1-2 of Angel and seasons 1-3 of Buffy. I did watch Buffy when it was on t.v. I didn't really watch Angel though. I now have season 2 of Angel in my hot little hands. Can't believe I didn't watch this when it first ran! I'm hoping my library gets more!
                          I do have a question about season 1.
                          Doyle. Someone mentioned that Joss had wanted to bring him back but didn't. What is the story about Doyle? Why was he only on for 9 episodes? I do like Wesley but I REALLY liked Doyle.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                            Doyle. Someone mentioned that Joss had wanted to bring him back but didn't. What is the story about Doyle? Why was he only on for 9 episodes? I do like Wesley but I REALLY liked Doyle.
                            Okay, basic run through on Doyle. (spoilers for Angel Season 1)

Spoiler:
                            Joss originally wanted to bring over the character of Whistler (from the Buffy season 2 finale "Becoming") to Angel but due to the actor being unavailable, he ended up instead creating a character with similiar powers and personality. That character was Doyle.

Joss was also fascinated with the idea of putting a character in the main credits and then killing him very early on to "shock" the audience. So that's one of the reasons Doyle was killed off in the episode "Hero".

Joss always regretted doing it though and wanted to bring the character back as the next "big bad" of the series. Unfortunately the actor who played Doyle, Glenn Quinn, died of a heroin overdose in 2002 before anything could come to talks.

So there you have it. Very tragic really. Doyle was one of my early favorites as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Man that's so sad about Doyle. I know Joss likes to kill fave characters but I kind of wish I hadn't asked about this.

Comment

So my daughter is just over 2 years of age. She loves music. While my son is at school I watch some of the Angel episodes. I LOVE the theme music and can't help but let it play every time. And every time Annette shakes her booty to it! She gets a big grin on her face and shakes away.

Comment

Working...
                                X